The Solstice of Heroes event has returned to Destiny 2 and the Tower is once again overhauled and decorated. With it comes a chance to pin a new seal on your shirt and add another title to your arsenal. Considering there are only 20 days to earn the Flamekeeper title, you’ve certainly got your work cut out for you. Our guide will help streamline things for you and tell you which game modes, weapons, and abilities to target. Plus, we explain how you can take advantage of the gilding feature even if you don’t plan on completing every triumph!
Flamekeeper Title Required Triumphs
We recommend saving some time by using abilities and weapons that the title requires.
You’re obviously going to need to play a ton of Bonfire Bash, but triumphs also require Guardian kills, public events, patrols, Blind Well or Dares of Eternity, Strikes or Nightfalls, Crucible or Gambit matches, Sever or Altars of Sorrow, and Throne World activities. There’s a huge swath of content to cover. Along the way you need to get Solar ability kills, Super eliminations, Power weapon final blows and kills with Hand Cannons and Shotguns. Make sure to equip a Solar class with those two weapon types to get through this stuff as quickly as possible.
The one piece of good news is Bungie has already implemented a way to gild the title. This seal will come back every single year for Solstice of Heroes, presumably, given progress and gilding resets at the end of every season. Even if you aren’t interested in gilding the Destiny 2 Flamekeeper seal, it does mean there are four additional challenges to complete. One of which is automatically earned upon your first completion, meaning you can skip one or two of these basic challenges and still earn the title itself.
Of course, it’s also possible that gilding is just seen as a way of bragging for a single season and next year we’ll see a new seal released in a similar fashion.
- Bashing Success: Complete the Bonfire Bash activity.
- Good Ignite: Defeat 20 Ignition Carries in the Bonfire Bash.
- Torch the Taken: Defeat 20 Taken in the Bonfire Bash.
- Fuel for the Fire: Stoke the flames 50 times in the Bonfire Bash.
- Ash Tray: Collect 500 Silver Ash.
- All Around the Bonfire: Complete the Bonfire Bash activity against all combatant races (Cabal, Hive, Fallen), twice.
- Fuel for the Fire II: Stoke 100 more flames in the Bonfire Bash.
- Fuel for the Fire III: Stoke 150 more flames in the Bonfire Bash.
- Like Wildfire: Defeat targets anywhere in the system. Defeating Guardians awards bonus progress.
- Pyromania: Defeat combatants with Solar abilities.
- Superlative: Defeat targets with Super abilities.
- Fire Power: Defeat combatants or opposing Guardians with Power weapons.
- Forged in Flame: Defeat opposing Guardians in any activity.
- Hand Lighter: Defeat targets with Hand Cannons.
- Shotgun Solstice: Defeat targets with Shotguns.
- Burn Them Down: Defeat 60 bosses anywhere in the system.
- Raking the Coals: Complete playlist activities to earn Silver Leaves.
- Solstice Jubilee: Complete public events on any destination to earn Silver Leaves.
- Lamplighter: Complete patrols on any destination to earn Silver Leaves.
- Dare to Dream: Complete runs of the Blind Well or Dares of Eternity to earn Silver Leaves.
- Brightfall: Complete Vanguard Ops or Nightfalls to earn Silver Leaves.
- Fires of Competition: Complete matches in Crucible or Gambit to earn Silver Leaves.
- A Spark in the Dark: Complete Sever missions or rounds of Altars of Sorrow to earn Silver Leaves.
- In the Hot Seat: Complete activities within the Throne World to earn Silver Leaves.
How to Gild the Destiny 2 Flamekeeper Seal
While everything above can be done solo or with matchmaking, after you’ve finally finished all this grinding, Bungie asks you to take that shiny new armor and find a party to complete non-matchmade activities. Sorry to the folks who prefer to play alone, you’re going to have to come up with something here.
- From the Ashes: Upgrade 12 pieces of Candescent Armor.
- Bonfire Dash: Fully stoke the bonfire in the Bonfire Bash activity.
- In Candescent: While wearing a set of fully rekindled Candescent armor, complete dungeons, raids, Master or Grandmaster Nightfalls, or win rounds in Trials of Osiris.
- Inextinguishable: Complete the Bonfire Bash activity without dying.
Stick around for the rest of our Solstice event coverage. And if you’re looking for information on Season of the Haunted, we’ve got plenty of that, too. We have guides covering how to unlock the Solar 3.0 fragments and grenades, how to get the new Jotunn catalyst, how to farm Vestiges of Dread and Opulent Umbral Energy, all Exotics, new weapon Patterns, seasonal mods, and Season of the Haunted triumphs. In addition, we’re covering all patch notes, bugs and top issues, Bound in Sorrow quest steps, and Calus Bobbleheads. We’ve covered how to get Opulent Keys, Bound Presence in Containment, Crown of Sorrow H.E.L.M. upgrades, Iron Banner Seal Triumphs, and the Trespasser Catalyst. And lastly, we’ve written on how to find a Loyalist Commander for Battles Lines Triumph and the Cek’ik Boss.