Patch 6.05 for Final Fantasy XIV is now live, and with it comes a number of exciting additions and notable changes. Aside from new ways to earn high-end gear with Tomestones of Astronomy and tough battles to fight in the Pandaemonium Asphodelos Savage raids, there are several tweaks to Job actions you’ll want to account for.
Ninja gets the most significant change this time around with revisions to its new Endwalker-specific actions, and Monk’s Chakra mechanics are now a bit more forgiving when fighting mobs. Others, like Summoner and Dragoon, got some rather minor adjustments. Regardless, we have all the Patch 6.05 Job changes outlined below.
- Forked Raiju and Fleeting Raiju are now separate actions instead of a combo.
- Casting Raiton will now instead grant “Raiju Ready” for 30 seconds which lets you use either Forked Raiju or Fleeting Raiju.
- Forked Raiju remains a ranged gap-closing attack, but Fleeting Raiju is now a melee-range attack.
- Both get a potency boost from 400 to 560.
- After executing Bunshin, the action will change to Phantom Kamaitachi and grant a 45-second window to use it — Phantom Kamaitachi is no longer a standalone action.
- Phantom Kamaitachi no longer consumes a stack of Bunshin and will remain available even after Bunshin stacks have been used. It will now grant 10 points to the Ninki Gauge instead of 5 points.
- AoE weaponskills will now grant their respective Chakra and Nadi for the Beast Chakra Gauge even if they miss a target in their range.
- This applies to the following actions: Arm of the Destroyer / Shadow of the Destroyer, Rockbreaker, Four-point Fury, Elixir Field, and Flint Strike / Rising Phoenix.
- Wyrmwind Thrust gets a potency boost from 370 to 420.
- Geirskogul gets a potency boost from 250 to 260.
- Nastrond gets a potency boost from 350 to 360.
- Higanbana, Kaeshi: Higanbana, Midare Setsugekka, and Kaeshi: Setsugekka all have their range increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.
- Arcane Crest‘s Crest of Time Returned effect has its cure potency reduced from 100 to 50.
- Standard Finish, Technical Finish, and Tillana have all been recategorized as weaponskills instead of abilities.
- Fountain of Fire gets a potency boost from 430 to 520.
- Brand of Purgatory gets a potency boost from 180 to 240.
- Fey Union has its effective range increased from 15 yalms to 30 yalms, including the range in which players must stay within to get its effects.
Those are all the Job changes implemented with this latest update. For more on the biggest features added to FFXIV, be sure to read our breakdown of Patch 6.05 — this includes details on how rewards work for the Pandaemonium Savage raids, how to earn Tomestones of Astronomy, and the new Excitatron 6000 treasure dungeon.