Destiny 2: Beyond Light has released, which means there’s a new max Power Level to grind to. With the raid boasting a minimum Light of 1230, the actual power cap is 1260. However, this isn’t as bad as it sounds, since there are a bunch of solid methods for increasing your strength. Remember, methods such as turning in vendor tokens to hit the soft cap no longer works. This was changed with Beyond Light to ensure that players couldn’t just breeze through the first 140 levels with ease. Additionally, some sources for Powerful and Pinnacle rewards have changed, so don’t expect the Garden of Salvation to offer top tier gear.
- Complete 8 Crucible Bounties – Tier 1
- Complete 8 Gambit Bounties – Tier 1
- Complete 8 Gunsmith Bounties – Tier 1
- Complete 8 Variks/Europa Bounties – Tier 1
- Complete Nightfall: The Ordeals – Tier 1
- Win 7 rounds of Survival – Tier 1
- 100 Stasis Kills on Europa – Tier 1
- Kill 5 Wrathborn (Crow on the Tangled Shore) – Tier 3
- Earn 5,000 XP for your clan – Tier 3
- Exotic Engrams
- Exotic Quests
- Prime Engrams
- Ranking up Valor, Glory, and Infamy. (Only works once, after resetting you will no longer receive Powerful rewards)
There are several Powerful sources that carried over from the previous season These include completing bounties for the primary vendors and earning experience for your team. Additionally, you can also complete runs of Nightfall: The Ordeal or win a total of seven rounds in the Survival game mode to get a Powerful tier drop. All previous raids, Nightmare Hunts, dungeons, and quests given by Eris no longer drop Powerful gear. You’ll want to be careful if you’re saving any Pinnacle Rewards for last, as they are also tied to completing the core activities in Destiny 2.
For example, if you want to earn your Gambit Powerful reward before the Pinnacle, just leave right before the match is over. This will ensure you can still play and complete bounties, without risking your Pinnacle source right away. Remember, you will only unlock Variks’ Powerful source after you complete his first post-campaign mission. Until then, it’s best to hold onto your Europa bounties so you can earn something for cashing them in.
More Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Destiny 2 Penguin Souvenir Guide – Where to Find the Penguin Souvenirs
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light Adept Guide – How to Get Adept Weapons
- How to Get No Time to Explain in Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Complete 3 Strikes (With the weekly subclass equipped)
- Complete 3 Crucible Matches
- Complete 3 Gambit Matches
- Deep Stone Crypt Raid
- Hit a score of 100,000 or higher in a Nightfall: The Ordeal
Your Pinnacle sources right now are pretty small, especially with the Deep Stone Crypt raid not available. Right now most players will only be getting three Pinnacle drops a week since hitting a score of 100,000 on a Nightfall is pretty tricky if you’re underleveled. Remember these will drop higher than your current gear by a few levels, so it’s always good too, at the very minimum, earn your Pinnacle rewards each week. These will help you take on more difficult activities such as the raid and Master Lost Sectors.
If you are trying to min/max your character’s Power, then make sure to do your Pinnacle sources for any alternate characters first before claiming them on your main class. So, if you’re a Titan main you’ll want to do your Hunter and Warlock first. This will ensure that you’re preferred Guardian gets the highest power drops and you’re not stuck playing a dirty, dirty Hunter.