As per usual, a new Destiny 2 season means an all-new seasonal artifact. But what seasonal mods are available for it? Which powerful combinations will we be able to make this time around? If you’re unfamiliar with seasonal artifacts we have a rundown below including the new seasonal mods you can unlock with it. Plus, we find out what Bungie is offering in regards to new Elemental Well and Trace Rifle mods.
New Elemental Well Mods
After Elemental Wells failed to catch on last season, Bungie is back with more. When you have these equipped Elemental Wells will drop from your foes. Picking these up gives energy to whatever ability currently has the lowest energy. If the element matches your subclass, all of your abilities get energy instead.
All of these are obtained from the Splicer Servitor.
- Explosive Wellmaker (3 Solar) – Rapidly defeating combatants with explosive damage spawns a Solar elemental well.
- Overload Wellmaker (4 Arc) – Defeating a combatant with a finisher spawns two Arc elemental wells.
- Reaping Wellmaker (2 Void) – After activating your class ability, your next weapon final blow spawns a Void elemental well.
- Shieldcrash Wellmaker (4 Energy) – Breaking a shield with the matching weapon type creates an elemental well.
- Well of Life (2 Solar) – Picking up a Solar elemental well grants increased regeneration for a short period of time.
- Well of Tenacity (2 Void) – Picking up a Void elemental well reduces the damage you take from combatants for a short period of time.
- Well of Ions (2 Arc) – Picking up an Arc elemental well causes your next melee to deal increased damage.
New Trace Rifle Mods
Bungie has also finally added dedicated weapon mods for Trace Rifles!
- Trace Rifle Dexterity (3 Arms) – Faster ready and stow speed for Trace Rifles.
- Trace Rifle Loader (3 Arms) – Increases reload speed of Trace Rifles.
- Trace Rifle Reserves (2 Chest) – Increases the amount of Trace Rifle ammo you can carry.
- Unflinching Trace Rifle Aim (3 Chest) – Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Trace Rifles.
- Trace Rifle Ammo Finder (3 Helmet) – Increases your chance of finding Special ammo while you have a Trace Rifle equipped.
- Trace Rifle Targeting (3 Helmet) – Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Trace Rifles.
- Trace Rifle Scavenger (3 Legs) – Trace Rifles get bonus reserves when you pick up Special ammo.
How to Unlock and Rank Up the Paradrome Cube Seasonal Artifact
You get the Paradrome after completing the introductory mission with Mithrax on Europa.
Once you’ve unlocked it, you’ll need some time to actually upgrade the artifact itself. The artifact has an infinite number of levels which can advance your Power Level above the hard cap. Artifact levels will cost more and more XP as you increase its power. If you’ve spent a bunch of time upgrading last season’s artifact, those levels have vanished and you’ll need to start the process again.
Paradrome Cube Mods – Seasonal Artifact Mods
Long before you hit the hard level cap you’ll unlock each of the different mod tiers. In total you’ll be able to select up to 12 artifact mods to have unlocked at any given point. Keep in mind that because of the artifact limitations, at most, you can have two of the final column mods unlocked.
Column 1 Champion Mods – Requires 0 Previous Unlocks
- Overload Submachine Gun (1 Arms) – Uninterrupted fire from your equipped SMGs grants bullets that stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle (1 Arms) – Scout Rifles you are wielding fire shield-piercing rounds and stun Barrier Champions. Scout Rifles deal bonus damage against Barrier Champions.
- Unstoppable Sidearm (1 Arms) – Aiming down sights with any Sidearm you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Overload Hand Cannon (1 Arms) – Landing consecutive hits disrupts combatants, stunning them, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle (1 Arms) – Auto Rifles you are wielding fire shield-piercing rounds and stun Barrier Champions. Auto Rifles deal bonus damage against Barrier Champions.
Column 2 Armor Mods – Requires 1 Previous Unlocks
- Grenade Launcher Scavenger (1 Legs) – Grenade Launchers get bonus reserves when you pick up ammo.
- Rocket Launcher Scavenger (1 Legs) – Rocket Launchers get bonus reserves when you pick up ammo.
- Unflinching Pulse Rifle Aim (1 Chest) – Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Pulse Rifles.
- Scout Rifle Loader (1 Arms) – Increases reload speed of Scout Rifles.
- Blast Radius (1 Charged with Light Slot) – Become Charged with Light by rapidly defeating multiple combatants with Grenade Launchers or Rocket Launchers.
Column 3 Armor Mods – Requires 4 Previous Unlocks
- Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim (1 Chest) – Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Auto Rifles.
- Argent Ordnance (1 Charged with Light Slot) – While Charged with Light, readying or firing a Rocket Launcher grants it increased damage and reload speed. Damaging a combatant with a rocket consumes one stack of Charged with Light.
- Grenade Launcher Dexterity (1 Arms) – Faster ready and stow speed for Grenade Launchers.
- Rocket Launcher Loader (1 Arms) – Increases reload speed of Rocket Launchers.
- Ashes to Ashes (1 Helmet) – Gain bonus Super energy on grenade kills.
Column 4 Armor Mods – Requires 7 Previous Unlocks
- Unstoppable Grenade Launcher (7 Arms) – When you ready or reload a Grenade Launcher, for a short period, that weapon stuns Unstoppable Champions. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Hammer of the Warmind (1 Warmind Cell Mod Slot) –The detonations from Warmind Cells you destroy cause disruption, stunning combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions and Unstoppable Champions.
- Sundering Blast (2 Class) – Stunning a Champion creates an explosive blast.
- Surge Detonators (2 Class) – Arc grenades disrupt combatants, stunning them, delaying ability regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Unstoppable Schwarzschild Condensor (2 Class) – Void melee abilities stun unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Column 5 Class Item Mods – Requires 10 Previous Unlocks
- Breach and Clear (9 Class) – When using a Grenade Launcher, damaging a boss, damaging a Champion, or breaking a combatant’s shield reloads your stowed weapons and causes the combatant to take increased damage for a short duration.
- Glacial Inheritance (6 Class) – Defeating targets with your Stasis Super refunds Super energy.
- Warmind’s Decree (3 Warmind Cell Mod Slot) – Void splash damage final blows have a chance to create Warmind Cells.
- Impulse Recycler (3 Arms) – Grenade final blows grant grenade energy. Multiple copies of this mod increase the amount of energy gained.
- Energy Accelerant (2 Class) –Your Dragonfly, Chain Reaction, and Firefly explosions deal more damage.
It’s worth noting that just like every other season artifact has, the Paradrome Cube expires at the end of this season. It will take all of your power bonus and seasonal mods with it. Thankfully, artifact progress is shared across all of your characters! At the very least you won’t have to rank it up multiple times in the same season.