A brand new seasonal event is live in Destiny 2. It’s called The Revelry and it will likely be the last major piece of content during the Season of the Drifter. At least it’s the last one listed on Bungie’s own roadmap for the newest expansion.
Seasonal events are not a new concept in Destiny. The fall has Festival of the Lost; winter brings The Dawning; last summer was the very first Solstice of Heroes; Valentine’s Day has Crimson Days. And now the spring season finally its own little bit of themed content. It has The Revelry.
In Destiny 2, seasonal events usually offer new armor, new Eververse gear, and some kind of new, limited gameplay experience. Last year’s Festival of the Lost, for instance, had players engage in a special version of the Infinite Forest for the chance at a very powerful auto rifle. The Revelry is no different which means there’s plenty to look forward to in this new event in the Destiny universe.
- 5 Potential Conditions of the Bungie/Activision Divorce
- How to Get Jötunn and Le Monarque: Destiny 2 Black Armory Guide
- Anthem Season 1 Guide – Echoes of Reality, Cataclysms, & More
When Does Destiny 2: The Revelry Start and End?
This one is easy. Bungie released a new 90-day content road map to coincide with its newly revealed Season of the Drifter details. You can read the full thing here, if you’re so inclined. But as far as The Revelry is concerned, the spring event for Destiny 2 will begin on April 16. After which it doesn’t end until all the way forward on May 6. That gives you a full three weeks (i.e. three Destiny 2 weekly resets worth of play time) to get all of the cosmetics you’re looking for. Also, the Arbalest, for details on how to get that, check out our Arbalest Guide!
What’s interesting about this is event is that it’s the last piece of content listed on Bungie’s road map. That might be turning into something of a trend. The last Destiny 2 expansion, Black Armory, also closed out its content season (the Season of the Forge) with a holiday event. Specifically, it concluded with the Crimson Days Valentine’s event.
Destiny 2: The Revelry
The Infinite Forest is back! Rather than the Haunted Forest this time, however, we’re getting the Verdant Forest.
It’s safe to say the experience is similar. Expect a race against time experience where your fireteam rushes to clear branch after branch. Killing enough enemies fills your meter. Completely doing so teleports your squad to the boss chamber where you’ll need to work together to bring it down.
You’ll then start over with another random set of branches, racing to clear as many bosses as possible in 15 minutes.
There will be rewards of course. For instance, the gameplay montage displayed the upcoming Inaugural Revelry armor set. Said gear is being worn by three Guardians on the sunnier, far past version of Mercury.
Starting The Revelry
To start The Revelry, head on over to Eva Levante in the Tower! She’ll give you a Reveler’s Tonic which you’ll use throughout the event! She’ll also give you 50 Reveler’s Essence!
Use your Reveler’s Tonic, consuming your 50 Reveler’s Essence to choose one of the buffs which the game calls Good Moods.
- Proud: Class Ability Boost – Boosted class ability recharge rate. Active only during Revelry.
- Energetic: Grenade Boost – Boosted grenade recharge rate. Active only during Revelry.
- Friendly: Melee Boost – Boosted melee recharge rate. Active only during Revelry.
These buffs get stronger as you equip more pieces from the Inaugural Revelry or Vernal Growth armor sets.
After you activate one of these boosts, talk to Eva Levante again. She’ll give you the Verdant Explorer weekly bounty. Completing it requires clearing seven branches of the Verdant Forest. It rewards a Powerful Revelry Head Engram.
At this point you should also visit Tess! She’ll give you a milestone to complete a single Verdant Forest run. You’ll get a Revelry Eververse package in return.
Each daily Revelry Bounty from Eva Levante also rewards 25 Reveler’s Essence. She’ll also provide more weekly bounties with Powerful Engram rewards for specific armor pieces. Think the earlier Powerful Revelry Head Engram, but for chest, shoulders, legs, and boots.
There are a few things you can purchase with your Reveler’s Essence!
- Reveler’s Assortments (75 Essence): Contains Revelry Ornaments, Gear, and other assorted treats.
- Arbalest (300 Essence): Exotic weapon. Requires completion of the “Party Hard” triumph.
Speaking of milestones…these are the main way you progress through the event outside of leveling up for cosmetic engrams.
- Party Harder – Complete all 11 Revelry 2019 Triumphs (Rewards Revelry emblem)
- Party Hard – Complete any seven Revelry 2019 Triumphs.
- Spring Cleaning – Clear 50 simulation branches in the Verdant Forest.
- Verdant Light: Competitive – During the Revelery 2019, generate 200 Orbs of Light in the Crucible or Gambit while affected by Revelric Light.
- Verdant Light: Cooperative – During the Revelry 2019, generate 200 Orbs of Light in strikes or raids while affected by Revelric Light.
- Verdant Light: Light – During the Revelry 2019, generate 200 Orbs of Light in the Verdant Forest or in any Black Armory forge while affected by Revelric Light.
- Spring Hunt – During the Revelry 2019, defeat three bosses in one run of the Verdant Forest.
- Budding Fashion – During the Revelry 2019, defeat 20 bosses in the Verdant Forest while wearing at least four pieces of the Inaugural Revelry armor set.
- Super Celebratory – During the Revelry 2019, defeat 150 enemies using Super abilities in any activity.
- Fireworks! – During the Revelry 2019, land 100 grenade final blows in the Crucible, Gambit, or strikes.
- Melee Mayhem – During the Revelry 2019, land 100 melee final blows on enemies in the Verdant Forest, any Black Armory forge, or in raids.
- A Bountiful Spring – Complete 50 daily and weekly bounties for Eva Levante during the Revelry.
There are two short quests to introduce you to The Revelry this year!
A Modest Request (Revelry Quest)
Eva Levante will return to brief us on the all-new Revelry event!
1. The Revelry Begins
Speak to Eva Levante at the Tower Bazaar.
2. Choose a Mood
Use Reveler’s Tonic to apply Good Moods.
3. A Modest Request
Accept a Revelry Bounty from Eva Levante.
4. Into the Woods
Clear branches of the Verdant Forest.
5. The Revelry Continues
Return to Eva Levante at the Tower Bazaar to unlock Revelry Bounties.
Spring Comes to Eververse (Revelry Eververse Quest)
Sounds like Osiris got into trouble again in the Infinite Forest.
1. Party in Style
Speak to Tess in the Tower.
2. Spring into Action
There are rumors floating around the Tower that Osiris may have hijacked the Infinite Forest to run his own simulation. Enter the Verdant Forest to judge that for yourself.
3. Recon Complete
You completed your investigation of the Verdant Forest, and frankly, you’re skeptical about those rumors. Best to let Tess down gently.
Thanks for reading! If you want more Destiny 2 information, head on over to our Arbalest guide where we focus on obtaining the event exclusive exotic!