It’s that time Guardians. With Season of the Undying coming to an end, so too does the Gate Lord’s Eye. That means saying goodbye to the Destiny 2 Void and Arc class mods and to the weapon mods which favored auto rifles and SMGs. The Season of Dawn artifact, the Lantern of Osiris, is set to debut soon and with it comes yet another build rotation to make.
This time around the artifact seems encourage players to use scout rifles, pulse rifles, and bows. Better break out that Subtle Calamity in your vault!
Unfamiliar with Seasonal Artifacts? We’ve got a rundown below including what they are, how they work, and what buffs they provide.
More Destiny 2:
- Destiny 2 Season of Dawn Calendar Guide – Exotic Quest Dates, Event Dates
- Destiny 2 Season Pass Guide – Season of Dawn Rewards, End Date
- Destiny 2’s Big Vex Invasion Dies with a Mighty “Ehhhhhh”
How to Unlock and Rank Up the Lantern of Osiris Seasonal Artifact
You unlock the Lantern of Osiris through the A Matter of Time quest. You can start it by speaking to Ikora on the Tower. She’ll send you to Osiris on Mercury. He’s not in a Patrol though. You’ll need to visit the dedicated Disturbance on Mercury location. Here are the steps we have:
- Visit Ikora in the Tower.
- Disturbance on Mercury location.
- Defeat 50 Cabal on the Tangled Shore. Solar increases progress.
- Bank the materials at the Tangled Shore Obelisk.
- Charge the obelisk by defeating enemies with abilities and Supers and by collecting Orbs of Light.
- Bank the charge at the Tangled Shore Obelisk.
- Interact with the Obelisk.
- Return to Osiris.
- Complete a Sundial run.
After you’ve done all of this, Osiris will give you his lantern!
Once you’ve unlocked it, you’ll need some time to actually upgrade the artifact itself. The artifact has an infinite number of levels which can advance your Power Level to above 960. Artifact levels will cost more and more XP as you increase its power. If you’ve spent a bunch of time upgrading last season’s Gate Lord’s Eye, those levels will vanish and you’ll need to start the process again.
Lantern of Osiris Mods – Seasonal Artifact Mods
Long before you hit the hard level cap you’ll unlock each of the different mod tiers. In total you’ll be able too select up to 12 artifact mods to have unlocked at any given point. Keep in mind that because of the unlock limitations, at most, you can have two of the final column mods unlocked.
Column 1 Weapon Mods – Requires 0 Previous Unlocks
- Anti-Barrier Ranger (0) – Grants Bows, Scout Rifles, and Pulse Rifles shield-piercing bullets, bypassing combatant defenses. Strong against Barrier Champions.
- Unstoppable Shot (0) – Aiming down sights loads a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded enemies. Strong against Unstoppable Champions. Scout Rifle Mod.
- Unstoppable Burst (0) – Aiming down sights loads a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded enemies. Strong against Unstoppable Champions. Pulse Rifle Mod.
- Unstoppable Arrows (0) – Fully drawn arrows release a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded enemies. Strong against Unstoppable Champions. Bow Mod.
- Overload Rounds (0) – Uninterrupted fire grants bullets that cause disruption, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions. Auto Rifle and Submachine Gun mod.
Column 2 Armor Mods – Requires 1 Previous Unlocks
- Enhanced Rifle Loader (3 Arms) – Greatly increases the reload speed of Rifle-class weapons.
- Enhanced Unflinching Rifle Aim (3 Chest) – Greatly reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming any Rifle-class weapon.
- Enhanced Bow Loader (2 Arms) – Greatly increases the nocking speed of arrows.
- Enhanced Sniper Rifle Loader (2 Arms) – Greatly increases the reload speed of Sniper Rifles.
- Enhanced Linear Fusion Targeting (2 Helmet) – Greatly improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Linear Fusion Rifles.
Column 3 General Armor Mods – Requires 4 Previous Unlocks
- Solidus Strike (1) – Defeating Cabal combatants with finishers grants extra Glimmer. Mod does not stack.
- Splintered Gladius (1) – Defeating Cabal Centurions grants Gunsmith Materials. Mod does not stack.
- Biomonetizer (1) – Defeating Hive combatants grants extra Glimmer. Mod does not stack.
- Tithe Collector’s Sigil (1) – Defeating Cabal combatants grants a small amount of Glimmer. Mod does not stack.
- Knight Errant (1) – Defeating Hive Knights grants Destination Materials. Mod does not stack.
Column 4 Chest Armor Mods – Requires 7 Previous Unlocks
- Breach Resonator (5) – Grants melee and grenade energy on final blows with shield-piercing weapons or when a member of your fireteam shuts down a Barrier Champion’s ability.
- Molten Overload (2) – Solar grenades cause disruption, delaying ability regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Disruptor Spike (2) – Improves the effects of disruption, lowering combatants’ damage output even further.
- Unstoppable Schwarzschild Condenser (2) – Void melee abilities stagger unshielded enemy combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Tenderizer (3) – Staggering Unstoppable Champions temporarily boosts weapon damage for allied players.
Column 5 Class Item Mods – Requires 10 Previous Unlocks
- Guardian Angel (4) – Grants a chance to generate healing orbs for you on Scout Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Bow, and Linear Fusion Rifle precision final blows.
- Void Battery (5) – Activating Void class abilities grants an overshield. Increases cooldown of your class ability.
- Heavy Finisher (7) – Finishers generate Heavy ammo. Requires one-half of your Super energy.
- Solar Plexus (6) – Increases damage of all Solar melee abilities. Gain Super energy from performing finishers with a Solar subclass equipped.
- From The Depths (3) – Grants bonus Void Super damage if cast while critically wounded. Lasts until the end of the Super activation.
It’s worth noting that just like the Gate Lord’s Eye just did, the Lantern of Osiris expires at the end of this season. It will take all of your power bonus and seasonal mods with it. Thankfully, artifact progress is shared across all of your characters! At the very least you won’t have to rank it up multiple times in the same season.