The Destiny 2 Empyrean Foundation event has sat on the Season of Dawn calendar for more than two months now. In all that time, players have continued to wonder what it could possibly mean. Finally, today, developer Bungie has started sharing details on the mysterious mission. During the event, the Destiny community will have to come together to donate Polarized Fractaline towards the greater good. Along the way rewards will be unlocked, all of which we detail below. Let’s take a look at what you can get and why you want it!
Note: This event is open to all players and doesn’t require the season pass.
What is Empyrean Foundation?
Empyrean Foundation is a new Destiny event where players work together with the recently resurrected Saint-14 to build some kind of beacon. Bungie says this is the “foundation for things to come,” and refers to as a “rebuild effort.” This makes sense due to the community’s own datamining efforts… which suggest we’re rebuilding the Lighthouse from Trials of Osiris in anticipation of it’s return in the Season of the Worthy.
The event starts on Feb. 4, 2020. And like all the other seasonal event so far, we assume it will run until the end of this current season.
More Destiny 2:
- Destiny 2 Goes Dark as Bungie Scrambles to Repair Characters
- A Humble Proposal for the Next Season of Destiny 2
- Ranking the Enemies of Destiny by How Bad I Feel For Killing Them
How Do I Contribute?
To participate in the event, you must first have the Tower Obelisk unlocked. If you haven’t played yet this season, that’s going to mean some effort on your part. Once you have it, you can turn in Polarized Fractaline using the obelisk. There are seven different goals for the community to hit. Progress will be tracked via a hologram in-game at the Tower Obelisk. Contributing to the Empyrean Foundation costs 100 Polarized Fractaline.
What Are the Rewards?
The rewards are nice, but not anything staggering if you’ve been playing Destiny 2 for a while. Even if you aren’t still playing Destiny at the moment, you won’t be missing much — short of a Triumph and emblem.
- Contributing generates a 25 percent flat progression for all Timelost weapon bounties in your inventory.
- Your Tower Obelisk will generate Polarized Fractaline for you each week — equivalent to its Resonance Power.
You can increase its Resonance Power by upgrading other Obelisks
- Players who donate more than 5000 Polarized Fractaline before the end of the Season will earn a Triumph and an emblem.
- If and when the community completes all stages (let’s just assume they will), everyone will be rewarded with a new shader. Again, that’s nice, but nothing groundbreaking.
What Are the Community Goals?
Here are the stages we know about so far:
- Stage 1: 400,000,000 (Complete)
- Stage 2: 700,000,000 (Complete)
- Stage 3: 1,200,000,000 (Complete)
- Stage 4: 2,200,000,000 (Complete)
- Stage 5: 3,000,000,000 (Complete)
- Stage 6: 6,000,000,000 (Complete)
- Stage 7: 9,777,777,000
That’s all we know for now! We’ll be sure to update this post as Feb. 4 approaches and the Destiny event begins. There will likely be a lot of updates throughout the event as we track the community’s progress.