Destiny 2: Beyond Light is finally here after months and months of waiting. Acting as the next major chapter in this FPS/RPG hybrid, players will embark on a journey to Europa to battle against a Fallen leader called Eramis and learn more about the true nature of the Darkness. This expansion includes new characters, missions, endgame activities, a subclass, exotics, and enemy types. Of course, a new season means you’ll have a new artifact to help increase your power and unlock potent abilities for your Guardian. However, this artifact is not tied to the main quest and you’ll want to take a quick detour once log into Destiny 2.
Where is the Beyond Light Artifact
To get the new artifact, you will need to first own the Season of the Hunt. This can be purchased either by opening up your Season Pass tab or via your respective console’s storefront. Once you have the season pass and log into Destiny 2, you will be immediately sent to complete the first mission on Europa. It’s not that long, so don’t worry about it eating up too much time. After you complete the quest, instead of talking to Variks, open up your destination map, and head to the Tower. This may take a few tries with the servers being an utter mess right now. Upon landing, head right and run by Banshee-44’s stall. Take the new elevator on your left all the way down and follow the path to Zavala’s office. Now just interact with the computer screen in the back left to earn the Fang of Xivu Arath artifact.
More Destiny 2: Beyond Light:
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light Duality Guide – How to Unlock Duality
- Destiny 2 Monument to Lost Lights Exotic List – Every Old Exotic You Can Earn
- Destiny 2 Gathering Intel Quest Guide – All Salvation’s Grip Exotic Quest Steps
Artifacts haven’t had any major reworks outside of the various champion mods being moved from weapons to armor. This was done to give players more flexibility with their loadouts, allowing them to tackle content without being too restricted with their weapon mod choices. The weapons for this season are Hand Cannons, Autorifles, Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles, and Submachine guns. Additionally, there are some mods for shotguns and grenade launchers, with shotguns now able to halt Unstoppable Champions.
As for the seasonal elements, it’s all about Solar and Stasis this time. There is a void mod, but the majority of them revolve around these two subclasses. Sorry Oppressive Darkness fans, looks like you’ll need to wait for that mod to return! Some mods to look out for are Pyretic Embrace which fills your health and shields when casting a Solar super and Abyssal Charge which charges you with light when rapidly defeating enemies with a Void melee attack. There’s also Berserker which gives you a temporary damage boost once your Super ends, with the duration and strength increasing depending on how many combatants you killed in your Super. What’s nice is none of these feel like must runs, which has been an issue with a few mods in the past. I cannot wait to see what crazy builds the community comes up with!
Season of the Hunt Artifact Mods – Fan of Xivu Arath Mods
Long before you hit the hard level cap you’ll unlock each of the different mod tiers. In total you’ll be able to select up to 12 artifact mods to have unlocked at any given point. Keep in mind that because of the unlock limitations, at most, you can have two of the final column mods unlocked.
Column 1 Weapon Mods – Requires 0 Previous Unlocks
All of the following mods have cost one energy and slot into your arms armor slot.
- Overload Rounds (Auto Rifles): Landing sustained hits on combatants with any Auto Rifle you are wielding causes disruption, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. After any member of your fireteam disrupts a Champion, your Auto Rifles gain a temporary bonus to damage against Champions. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon: Aiming down sights with any Hand Cannon you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Anti-Barrier Pulse Rifle: Grants weapon shield-piercing to any Pulse Rifle you are wielding, bypassing combatant defenses. Pulse Rifles you are wielding gain a bonus to damage against Barrier Champions. Strong against Barrier Champions.
- Overload Rounds (Scout Rifles): Landing sustained hits on combatants with any Scout Rifle you are wielding causes disruption, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. After any member of your fireteam disrupts a Champion, your Scout Rifles gain a temporary bonus to damage against Champions. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Anti-Barrier Submachine Gun: Grants weapon shield-piercing to any Submachine Guns you are wielding, bypassing combatant defenses. Submachine Guns you are wielding gain a bonus to damage against Barrier Champions. Strong against Barrier Champions.
Column 2 Weapon Mods – Requires 1 Previous Unlocks
Again, all mods from this column cost one energy, but slot into various armor pieces.
- Hand Cannon Targeting (Helmet): Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Hand Cannons.
- Unflinching Pulse Rifle Aim (Chest): Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Pulse Rifles.
- Scout Rifle Targeting (Helmet): Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Scout Rifles.
- Shotgun Dexterity (Arms): Faster ready and stow speed for Shotguns.
- Grenade Launcher Loader (Arms): Increases reload speed of Grenade Launchers.
Column 3 Weapon Mods – Requires 4 Previous Unlocks
Bungie has done away with the glimmer and resource generating mods that usually populate this column. Instead we get access to more mods which make specific weapon archetypes more useful.
- Unflinching Hand Cannon Aim (Chest): Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Hand Cannons.
- Pulse Rifle Loader (Arms): Increases reload speed of Pulse Rifles.
- Unflinching Scout Rifle Aim (Chest): Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Scout Rifles.
- Shotgun Ammo Finder (Helmet): Increases your chance of finding ammo while you have a Shotgun equipped.
- Grenade Launcher Scavenger (Legs): Grenade Launchers get bonus reserves when you pick up ammo.
Column 4 Class Item Mods – Requires 7 Previous Unlocks
Now is where things usually get interesting, particularly if you’re playing game modes with Champions. If you aren’t, there’s still a bonus to void melee abilities, solar grenades, and stasis grenades!
- Momentum Siphon (1-Cost, Class Item): Recharge your melee ability whenever you or a member of your fireteam staggers a Champion.
- Surge Eater (1-Cost, Class Item): Recharge your grenade ability whenever you or a member of your fireteam staggers a Champion.
- Unstoppable Schwarzschild Condenser (2-Cost, Class Item): Void melee abilities stagger unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Thermal Overload (2-Cost, Class Item): Solar and Stasis grenades cause disruption, delaying ability regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Spoils of War (6-Cost, Class Item): Defeating a Champion by using a finisher spawns Heavy ammo for you and your fireteam.
Column 5 Powerful Mods – Requires 10 Previous Unlocks
And finally there are the last column of mods, of which you can only have two. These are usually super powerful and are center points for your seasonal build.
- Unstoppable Shotgun (7-Cost, Arms): Shotguns you wield fire a powerful explosive payload that staggers unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Pyretic Embrace (4-Cost, Class Item): Casting a Solar Super restores you to full health and shields.
- Berserkers (6-Cost, Class Item): When your Super ends, you gain a temporary bonus to weapon damage. The duration and strength of this bonus increases based on the number of combatants you defeated with your Super.
- Abyssal Charge (2-Cost, Combat Style Armor Mod): Become Charged with Light by defeating combatants with Void melee abilities.
- Thermal Blooming (2-Cost, Arms): Rapidly defeating combatants with Solar or Stasis melee attacks creates an Orb of Power for your fireteam members.