Austringer is currently taking over the Destiny 2 meta. While most of the most powerful weapons have been exotic hand cannons, there are now other weapons such as Truth that are starting to take higher priority. As a result, the community has been looking for a reliable legendary hand cannon. Thankfully, Bungie included the Austringer hand cannon in the Season of Opulence update. Our Austringer guide will detail exactly how to get this powerful weapon from the Chalice of Opulence.
You May Also Like:
- How to Get Lord of Wolves in Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 The Invitation Quest Walkthrough – Benedict 99-40 Imperial Summons Quest
- Destiny 2 Nightfall Rewards: Exclusive Weapons and Gear
How to Get Austringer in Destiny 2
The one thing you really need to get Austringer is a Rune of Desire. You’ll need to slot this into the top node in the Chalice of Opulence. Afterward, put any red rune into the left slot. You don’t necessarily need to put anything in the right slot. That slot just determines what Masterwork bonus the weapon will roll with.
How do you get a Rune of Desire? It ultimately comes down to RNG, but there are a few methods of earning runes.
- Completing weekly bounties.
- Opening up the weekly chests on the new Nessus Barge.
- Using a consumable that will reward you a rune after a strike, Crucible, or Gambit completion.
Note that you can purchase the Runefinder buff from Werner 99-40. Buying and activating it increases the chances of finding Chalice runes in strikes, Crucible matches, and Gambit matches. Allied Guardians who also have the buff active increase everyone’s odds of earning runes. So if you have friends, everyone should turn it on to reap the rewards!
Once you finally have the necessary runes you’ll need to do the following:
- Slot the runes into your Chalice before you enter the Menagerie.
- Play the Menagerie in Destiny 2 to earn your rewards.
- Completing the Menagerie will award you the gear you chose with your rune setup.
Austringer Curated God Roll
The curated version of Austringer drops with the following:
- Adaptive Frame – A well-rounded grip, reliable and sturdy.
- Corkscrew Rifling – Balanced barrel. Slightly increases range, stability, and handling speed.
- Tactical Mag – Slightly increases stability, reload speed, and magazine size.
- Outlaw – Precision kills greatly decrease reload time.
- Rangefinder – Aiming this weapon increases its effective range and zoom magnification.
How to Upgrade the Chalice of Opulence
All of this is, of course, assuming you’e upgraded your Chalice of Opulence. If you haven’t, you’ll need to grind Imperials. You use Imperials to upgrade the Chalice to unlock the other rune slots.
You can earn Imperials by completing weekly bounties, certain Triumphs, using special consumables, and through Chalice upgrades that allow you to earn Imperials from playlist activities. You can also get them from the chests on the Nessus Barge. These chests reset weekly.
The gameplay loop for the Chalice is to play the Menagerie activity, which is also new for Season of Opulence. Head to the Leviathan and into the Menagerie to fight enemies and complete objectives, and eventually the Chalice will grow in power. What’s coolest is that you can choose which upgrades you unlock first!
So unlock the two rune slots we specified, get a Rune of Desire, any red rune, and you too can have Austringer!