Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.08 notes have been published on The Lodestone, FFXIV‘s official site. Gameplay-wise, the main focus of this update is on adjustments to several Jobs. Most DPS Jobs and a few Tanks (congrats, Paladin mains) get improved damage output in a number of their core actions. Additionally, the long-awaited Oceania Data Center is live with maintenance now finished. There are a bunch of smaller issues that have been addressed as well. Here, we’ll break down what’s admittedly one of the more straightforward patches for FFXIV.
FFXIV 6.08 Job Changes
Aside from improving Dragoon’s Dragon Sight ability, all of the changes are for potency boosts. As stated in the recent Radio Mog Station interview with director and producer Naoki Yoshida, the goal of this update was to improve parity by boosting damage output for certain Jobs rather than nerfing the stronger ones. Additionally, Paladin gets some much-needed buffing since it’s been lagging behind other Tanks in high-level play. Below, we have all the specific tweaks made to all the Jobs as of this patch.
- Spirits Within: Potency increased from 250 to 270.
- Expiacion: Potency increased from 300 to 340.
- Blade of Faith: Potency increased from 250 to 420.
- Blade of Truth: Potency increased from 350 to 500.
- Blade of Valor: Potency increased from 420 to 580.
- Tomahawk: Potency increased from 100 to 150.
Monk (Melee DPS)
- Phantom Rush: Potency increased from 1,000 to 1,150.
Dragoon (Melee DPS)
- Dragon Sight: Range extended from 12 yalms to 30 yalms, targeted party member does not have to remain within 12 yalms to get the Left Eye buff, and the tethering animation has been removed.
- Raiden Thrust: Potency increased from 260 to 280.
- Stardiver: Potency increased from 500 to 620.
- Heavens’ Thrust: Potency increased from 430 to 480.
- Chaotic Spring: Potency increased from 240 to 260 and rear attack potency increased from 280 to 300.
Ninja (Melee DPS)
- Spinning Edge: Potency increased from 200 to 210.
- Gust Slash: Combo potency increased from 300 to 320.
- Aeolian Edge: Combo potency increased from 340 to 360 and rear-attack potency increased from 400 to 420.
- Armor Crush: Combo potency increased from 320 to 340 and flank-attack potency increased from 380 to 400.
- Hyosho Ranryu: Potency increased from 1,200 to 1,300.
Samurai (Melee DPS)
- Hakaze: Potency increased from 150 to 180.
- Jinpu: Potency increased from 250 to 280.
- Shifu: Potency increased from 250 to 280.
- Ogi Namikiri: Potency increased from 800 to 900.
- Kaeshi Namikiri: Potency increased from 1,200 to 1,350.
Machinist (Ranged DPS)
- Drill: Potency increased from 550 to 570.
- Air Anchor: Potency increased from 550 to 570.
- Chain Saw: Potency increased from 550 to 570.
Dancer (Ranged DPS)
- Cascade: Potency increased from 180 to 220.
- Fountain: Combo potency increased from 240 to 280.
- Reverse Cascade: Potency increased from 240 to 280.
- Fountainfall: Potency increased from 300 to 340.
- Technical Finish: Potency for four (4) successful steps increased from 1,080 to 1,200 (other additional effects remain the same).
Black Mage (Magic DPS)
- Fire III: Potency increased from 240 to 260.
- Blizzard III: Potency increased from 240 to 260.
- Blizzard IV: Potency increased from 300 to 310.
- Fire IV: Potency increased from 300 to 310.
- Xenoglossy: Potency increased from 660 to 760.
Summoner (Magic DPS)
- Astral Impulse: Potency increased from 430 to 440.
- Ruby Rite: Potency increased from 430 to 450.
- Fountain of Fire: Potency increased from 520 to 540.
Perks of the Oceania Data Center
Players in Australia, New Zealand, and the various Polynesian and Micronesian regions now have their own Data Center (named Materia). It includes five (5) Worlds (aka servers): Bismarck, Ravana, Sephirot, Sophia, and Zurvan. Players can transfer existing characters to any of these servers for free starting at 10:00 p.m. PT. Transferred characters get a double EXP bonus up to level 80 (which is valid for 90 days) and 10 Gold Chocobo Feathers. If you own an estate or apartment with transferred characters, you’ll get some gil in return.
There are some additional bonuses for creating a new character on the new Data Center. You’ll get a double EXP bonus up until level 80 and 10 Silver Chocobo Feathers from the start. Once you hit level 30 with any class, you’ll be rewarded with one (1) million gil and 15 days of free subscription time — these rewards are limited to once per account.
Game Sales and Other Matters
As FFXIV returns to being available for purchase, the additional data center should help alleviate some of the potential server congestion as some players move over. However, the free trial remains on hold for now. Yoshida-san has mentioned that the FFXIV team will continue to monitor server traffic and make decisions based on it in the near future.
You can check out all the additional changes and resolved issues in the official FFXIV patch notes on The Lodestone. [UPDATE: At the time of publishing this article, FFXIV was undergoing scheduled maintenance; it went back online on January 25 at 2:00 a.m. PT.]
For more on the game, read up on how Square Enix is expanding FFXIV servers in the coming years. If you’re still on the post-game grind, check out our FFXIV endgame gear guide to get prepared for Savage raids and future content.