The Final Fantasy XIV team has revealed the time and date for the next Live Letter From the Producer: Friday, April 1, 2022 at 4 a.m. PT / 7 a.m. ET. This one will cover extra details on the upcoming Patch 6.1 update before its mid-April launch. We expect to learn more about specific Job changes and quests that the previous Live Letter only hinted at.
In preparation for the new FFXIV Live Letter, we have a quick rundown of the things we know so far about Patch 6.1, 6.11, 6.15 and 6.18 below. If you want to get more of the specific details, be sure to check out our current FFXIV Patch 6.1 breakdown.
???? Apr. 1 at 4:00 a.m. (PDT) / 11:00 (GMT) / 22:00 (AEDT)
Tune in for even more information on the upcoming Patch 6.1 and miscellaneous updates! pic.twitter.com/s0YqNluWOU
— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) March 18, 2022
FFXIV Patch 6.1
- Main Scenario Quest — Screenshots of Tataru and Estinien from previous Live Letter indicates their involvement. It will include a new four-player dungeon.
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor sidequest series — Our favorite Lalafell, true leader of the Scions, is probably up to no good.
- New Role Quests — Once you’ve finished all of the existing Role Quests for Endwalker, a new set of quests will be available to bring all those threads together.
- The Endsinger’s Aria Extreme Trial — Get ready for an even harder version of Endwalker‘s final boss fight.
- Ultima’s Bane Unreal Trial — Relive the fight against Ultima Weapon, but with wild difficulty and new mechanics.
- Myths of the Realm Alliance Raid (part one) — This is the new 24-player raid series that will explore the lore of FFXIV‘s gods.
- Significant overhaul to dungeons and bosses in A Realm Reborn — Read up on how The Praetorium, Castrum Meridianum, Cape Westwind, and the final bosses of the base game are changing.
- Duty Support System (aka the Trust System) for A Realm Reborn 2.0 MSQ dungeons — Players will be able to run the story-based four-player dungeons in the base game with NPCs.
- Crystalline Conflict PVP mode — This new fast-paced PVP mode will be more focused and on a smaller scale. The Feast will also come to an end. Expect PVP Job changes as well.
- Adventurer Plates — Previously referred to as the calling cards, these will let you customize a profile for your character and set one for each Job you want.
- The Unending Codex — This will function as a sort of encyclopedia and glossary for characters, terms, events that players can use as reference.
- Hrothgar and Viera hairstyles — These were not shown in the previous Live Letter and we expect to see them in this next one.
- Glamour Plate expansion — Players will get five extra Glamour Plate slots (from 15 to 20) and be able to use them in many more safe zones.
FFXIV Patch 6.11
- Dragonsong’s Reprise Ultimate Raid (Patch 6.11) — The iconic battles of Heavensward have been remixed for this gauntlet of Savage-style fights.
FFXIV Patch 6.15
- Arkasodara Tribal Quests (Patch 6.15) — The Arkasodara of Thavnair will have their own quest series.
- Ameliance’s Custom Deliveries (Patch 6.15) — Crafters and gatherers of the world, Mrs. Leveilleur has work for us. Thank the Twelve.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.15) — Our boy Hildibrand Manderville is back for more wild nonsense baby!!
FFXIV Patch 6.18
- Data Center Travel (Patch 6.18) — Players will be able to visit other Data Centers within their region to link up with other players. Restrictions apply.
- Omega: Beyond the Rift quests (Patch 6.1x) — Those who have finished Endwalker and the Omega raid series from Stormblood will be treated to a new questline that’ll further help tie those story threads.
A Live Letter from earlier this year also outlined things happening in the game for the rest of this 6.x patch cycle — catch up on everything we know about FFXIV Patch 6.2 and Patch 6.3 / 6.4 / 6.5. We even got a preview of the graphics overhaul coming to FFXIV 7.0.
Be sure to follow our FFXIV coverage on Twitter (@LinkshellFFXIV) where we will be giving updates at those ungodly hours as they happen during the Live Letter. And check out all our full FFXIV coverage on The Linkshell where we will also be doing detailed breakdowns of everything we learn.