As per usual, a new Destiny 2 season means an all-new seasonal artifact. But what seasonal mods are available for it? Which powerful combinations will we be able to make this time around? If you’re unfamiliar with seasonal artifacts, we have a rundown below that includes the new seasonal mods you can unlock with it. Plus, we find out what Bungie is offering in regards to new weapon and armor mods during the Season of the Risen and The Witch Queen.
New Glaive Mods
A new weapon type means we need new mods to support it! Just about everything you’d expect has been added.
- Glaive Dexterity (4 Arms) – Faster ready and stow speed for Glaives.
- Glaive Loader (3 Arms) – Increases reload speed of Glaives.
- Glaive Reserves (2 Chest) – Increases the amount of Glaive ammo you can carry.
- Unflinching Glaive Aim (3 Chest) – Reduces flinching from incoming fire while aiming Glaives.
- Glaive Ammo Finder (2 Helmet) – Increases your chances of finding ammo while you have a Glaive equipped.
- Glaive Targeting (3 Helmet) – Improved target acquisition and accuracy for Glaives.
- Glaive Holster (3 Legs) – Gradually reloads your stowed Glaives over time. Multiple copies of this perk stack to reduce the time taken to fully reload.
- Glaive Scavenger (4 Legs) – Glaives get bonus reserves when picking up ammo used by that Glaive.
New Orb of Power Mods
With Masterwork weapons no longer intrinsically spawning Orbs of Power, you now need to equip certain Helmet mods to get the same effect. Hope you’ve got some free space! (Just kidding, we know you don’t.)
- Arc Siphon (3 Helmet) – Rapid Arc weapon final blows create an Orb of Power.
- Harmonic Siphon (1 Helmet) – Rapid weapon final blows with damage matching your subclass type create an Orb of Power.
- Kinetic Siphon (3 Helmet) – Rapid Kinetic weapon final blows create an Orb of Power.
- Solar Siphon (3 Helmet) – Rapid Solar weapon final blows create an Orb of Power.
- Stasis Siphon (3 Helmet) – Rapid Stasis weapon final blows create an Orb of Power.
- Void Siphon (3 Helmet) – Rapid Void weapon final blows create an Orb of Power.
How to Unlock and Rank Up the Synaptic Spear Seasonal Artifact
Follow our other guide to unlocking the Synaptic Spear for yourself.
Once you’ve unlocked it, you’ll need some time to actually upgrade the artifact itself. The artifact has an infinite number of levels that can advance your Power Level above the hard cap. Artifact levels will cost more and more XP as you increase their power. If you’ve spent a bunch of time upgrading last season’s artifact, those levels have vanished and you’ll need to start the process again.
Synaptic Spear Mods – Seasonal Artifact Mods
Long before you hit the hard level cap, you’ll unlock each of the different mod tiers. New to this season is the elimination of the level cap. If you play enough, you’ll be able to unlock every single mod on this artifact.
Column 1 Weapon Mods – Requires 0 Previous Unlocks
- Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle (1 Arms) – Scout Rifles you wield fire shield-piercing rounds and stun Barrier Champions. Scout Rifles deal bonus damage against Barrier Champions.
- Overload Rounds (1 Arms) – Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Auto Rifles and Submachine Guns grants bullets that disrupt combatants, stunning them, delaying their ability to regenerate energy, and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannons (1 Arms) – Aiming down sights with any Hand Cannon you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Piercing Bowstring (1 Arms) – Bows gain shield-piercing arrows, which bypass combatant defenses. Strong against Barrier Champions.
- Unstoppable Pulse Rifle (1 Arms) – Aiming down sights with any Pulse Rifle you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Column 2 Armor Mods – Requires 2 Previous Unlocks
- Glaive Dexterity (1 Arms) – Faster ready and stow speed for Glaives.
- Rocket Launcher Scavenger (1 Legs) – Rocket Launchers get bonus reserves when you pick up Heavy ammo.
- Psionic Forging I (1 Helmet) – Increases the duration of the Psychohack Origin Trait and the effect of the Suros Synergy Origin Trait.
- Melee Wellmaker (1 Elemental Well) – Powered melee combatant final blows spawn elemental wells matching your subclass energy type.
- Hand Cannon Targeting (1 Helmet) – Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Hand Cannons.
Column 3 Armor Mods – Requires 5 Previous Unlocks
- Glaive Scavenger (1 Legs) – Glaives get bonus reserves when you pick up ammo used by that Glaive.
- Thermoshock Plating (2 Chest) – Reduces incoming Arc damage from combatants.
- Auto Rifle Loader (1 Arms) – Increases reload speed of Auto Rifles.
- Font of Might (1 Elemental Well) – Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type grants a temporary bonus to weapon damage of that same element.
- Psionic Forging II (1 Helmet) – Increases the duration of the Land Tank Origin Trait and the effect of the Hakke Breach Armaments Synergy Origin Trait.
Column 4 Armor Mods – Requires 9 Previous Unlocks
- Unstoppable Glaive (5 Arms) – Glaives you wield fire a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Lucent Finisher (6 Class) – Defeating a Lucent Hive Lightbearer or Champion with your finisher spawns Heavy ammo or you and your allies.
- Suppressing Glaive (4 Class) – Damaging combatants with your Glaive suppresses them, preventing them from using abilities for a short time.
- Overload Grenades (1 Class) – Void grenades disrupt combatants, stunning them, delaying their energy regeneration, and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Inferno Whip (1 Class) – Solar melee abilities stun unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
Column 5 Armor Mods – Requires 14 Previous Unlocks
- Suppression Mastery (3 Class) – Suppression effects you create have increased duration.
- Devouring Depths (3 Class) – Casting your Void Super while you are critically wounded or benefitting from Devour increases your damage with that Super.
- Volatile Flow (2 Elemental Well) – Picking up a Void elemental well grants your Void weapons Volatile rounds.
- Energy Vampirism (3 Class) – Gain energy for your least-charged ability when you suppress a target. (Can Stagger Unstoppable Champions.)
- Suppressive Darkness (7 Class) – Whenever you suppress a combatant, you also weaken them, causing them to take additional damage for a short time.
It’s worth noting that just like with every other season artifact, the Synaptic Spear expires at the end of this season. It will take all of your power bonus and seasonal mods with it. Thankfully, artifact progress is shared across all of your characters! At the very least, you won’t have to rank it up multiple times in the same season.