The Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 release time is just around the corner, commemorating the return of the annual event once more. The summer celebration takes place in 2022 in a brand new fashion, presenting a few interesting reworks that are going to appeal to both veterans and newcomers alike. This guide explains the release times for Solstice 2022, as well as everything you can expect in this year’s edition.
Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 Release Times – When Does the New Destiny 2 Solstice Event Start?
Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 releases on Tuesday, July 18. As per usual, the exact time varies depending on your timezone, but you can expect a simultaneous launch worldwide like we’ve grown used to.
Final update (1:08 p.m. PT/4:08 p.m. EST): Servers are now live as well as the update!
Second update (11:10 a.m. PST/2:10 p.m. EST): Bungie announced another delay, this time by two more hours. Expected maintenance completion is now 2 p.m. PST/5 p.m. EST/10 p.m. BST/11 p.m. CEST
Update: Bungie announced that the release was delayed for one hour, so release times are now 11 a.m. PST/2 p.m. EST/7 p.m. BST/8 p.m. CEST
The Solstice 2022 release times for Destiny 2 are as follows:
- 10 a.m. PST
- 1 p.m. EST
- 6 p.m. BST
- 7 p.m. CEST
You May Also Like:
- What Are the Rarest Seasonal Titles in Destiny 2?
- For the First Time, I’m Out of Legendary Shards in Destiny 2
- Orewing’s Spirit and the Problem with Meta-Objectives in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 Maintenance Time – When is Destiny 2 Coming Back Online?
In terms of maintenance times for the Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 launch, we know the exact details. For this update, both Destiny and Destiny 2 are undergoing scheduled downtime from 6 a.m. PT/9 a.m. ET. Here’s the full timetable:
- 6 a.m. PT/9 a.m. ET — maintenance kicks off for both Destiny and Destiny 2
- 6:45 a.m. PT/9:45 a.m. ET — both games are brought offline
- 10 a.m. PT/1:00 p.m. ET — Destiny 2 update 4.1.5 begins to roll out across all platforms and regions
- 11 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET — maintenance completes for both games
Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 Reveal Trailer – When Does the Season 17 Trailer Goes Live?
The trailer is now live, and there’s a strange bonfire being featured:
What to Expect From Destiny 2 Solstice 2022
In brief, here is what we know about the Solstice 2022 event in Destiny 2:
- There is going to be an Event Card, which is an item aimed t helping players to organize objectives, showcase missions, challenges, Seals and titles, and even upgrade some of its aspects. Keeping track of this item will be key if you want to unlock some of the cosmetic rewards available
- Armor upgrading will be different as well, involving items called Silver Leaves, Silver Ash, and Kindling — the latter used to permanently upgrade your Solstice armor stat roll potential
- Usual event activities that are yet to be disclosed
That’s all we know for the time being about the Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 release. For the time being, there’s still a full day ahead to catch up with any pending activities that I’m sure both you and I have procrastinated a bit too much.
As a post-launch check-in: If you’re looking for help with Season of the Haunted, we have guides covering how to unlock the Solar 3.0 fragments and grenades, how to get the new Jotunn catalyst, how to farm Vestiges of Dread and Opulent Umbral Energy, all Exotics, new weapon Patterns, seasonal mods, and Season of the Haunted triumphs. In addition, we’re covering all patch notes, bugs and top issues, Bound in Sorrow quest steps, and Calus Bobbleheads. We’ve covered how to get Opulent Keys, Bound Presence in Containment, Crown of Sorrow H.E.L.M. upgrades, Iron Banner Seal Triumphs, and the Trespasser Catalyst. And lastly, we’ve written on how to find a Loyalist Commander for Battles Lines Triumph and the Cek’ik Boss.