The Destiny 2 Event Card is one of the new additions to this year’s Solstice event. The summer celebration takes place in 2022 in a brand new fashion, presenting a few interesting reworks that are going to appeal to both veterans and newcomers alike. This guide explains how the Event Card works, as well as the challenges, seals, upgrades, and rewards you can redeem.
How to Get the Event Card in Destiny 2 Solstice 2022
The Event Card is “available for free for all players,” so all it takes is for you to head over to the Tower and talk to Eva Levante at the center of the area. Alongside a short introduction to Solstice 2022, you’ll be given your class’ armor set. This starts the Celebrating Solstice quest.
To complete the task, go ahead and equip all five pieces of armor. Then, talk to Eva Levante once more. You’ll be given your first set of four Silver Leaves as a reward.
Then, it’s time to enter the EAZ and acquire 20 Silver Ash by completing the Bonfire Bash activity. This is going to transform your Silver Leaves into Silver Ash. To access, head into the Tower, and hover over the Bonfire Bash activity that is on the top of the screen.
Once you’re done, follow the rest of the steps with Eva Levante to learn about how Kindling works. That is all! Now it’s time to repeat the process over and over.
You May Also Like:
- What Are the Rarest Seasonal Titles in Destiny 2?
- For the First Time, I’m Out of Legendary Shards in Destiny 2
- Orewing’s Spirit and the Problem with Meta-Objectives in Destiny 2
Solstice Event Challenges 2022 List
Below are all the 24 event challenges available for Solstice 2022 in Destiny 2 — if you don’t see them in-game, it’s because you need to progress through the Celebrating Solstice quest.
- Bashing Success: Complete the Bonfire Bash activity— rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Good Ignite: Defeat Ignition Carriers in the Bonfire Bash (20 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Torch the Taken: Defeat Taken in the Bonfire Bash (20 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Fuel for the Fire: Stoke the flames in the Bonfire Bash (50 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Ash Tray: Collect Silver Ash (500 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- All Around the Bonfire: Complete the Bonfire Bash activity against all combatant races (2 times with the Cabal, 2 with the Hive, 2 with the Fallen) — rewards Kindling, Event Ticket, and a player banner
- Fuel for the Fire II: Stoke more flames in the Bonfire Bash (100 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Fuel for the Fire III: Stoke even more flames in the Bonfire Bash (150 total) — rewards Kindling, Event Ticket, and the Hyperborean Pinion sparrow
- Like Wildfire: Defeat targets anywhere in the system. Defeating Guardians awards bonus progress — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Pyromania: Defeat combatants with Solar abilities — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Superlative: Defeat targets with Super abilities — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Fire Power: Defeat combatants or opposing Guardians with Power weapons (heavy ammo final blows) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Forged in Flame: Defeat opposing Guardians in any activity (100 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Hand Lighter: Defeat targets with Hand Cannons — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Shotgun Solstice: Defeat targets with Shotguns — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Burn Them Down: Defeat bosses anywhere in the system — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Raking the Coals: Complete playlist activities to earn Silver Leaves — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Solstice Jubilee: Complete public events on any destination to earn Silver Leaves
- Lamplighter: Complete patrols on any destination to earn Silver Leaves (10 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Dare to Dream: Complete runs of the Blind Well or Dares of Eternity to earn Silver Leaves — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Brightfall: Complete Vanguard Ops or Nightfalls to earn Silver Leaves — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- Fires of Competition: Complete matches in Crucible or Gambit playlists to earn Silver Leaves (25 total) — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- A Spark in the Dark: Complete Sever missions or rounds of Altars of Sorrow to earn Silver Leaves — rewards Kindling and Event Ticket
- In the Hot Heat: Complete activities within the Throne World to earn Silver Leaves
How the Event Card Works During Solstice 2022
Here’s the gist about the Event Card. In essence, it serves as a hub of sorts from where you can keep track of objectives and activities during Solstice 2022 in Destiny 2. In there you can see Event Challenges, Events Seals and titles, and Upgraded Event Card Rewards. Bungie noted in the latest TWAB that the “free events you know and love will remain the same, and some of the free rewards are now claimed via the Event Card (upgrade not required.)”
From here, completing Event Challenges will earn you event-related rewards, as well as Event Tickets. The tickets can be earned even if you haven’t upgraded your card, but make sure to spend them before Solstice ends on August 9.
In order to upgrade your Event Card, you can use 1000 Silver to unlock both an instant claimable reward bundle and the ability to spend Event Tickets for more rewards. Note that Upgraded Event Card rewards will be exclusively obtained through their event in the year they launch but could be added to the Eververse store in the future.
Below are some of the rewards that are instantly unlocked from the Upgraded Event Card:
See you soon at the event!
As a post-launch check-in: If you’re looking for help with Season of the Haunted, we have guides covering how to unlock the Solar 3.0 fragments and grenades, how to get the new Jotunn catalyst, how to farm Vestiges of Dread and Opulent Umbral Energy, all Exotics, new weapon Patterns, seasonal mods, and Season of the Haunted triumphs. In addition, we’re covering all patch notes, bugs and top issues, Bound in Sorrow quest steps, and Calus Bobbleheads. We’ve covered how to get Opulent Keys, Bound Presence in Containment, Crown of Sorrow H.E.L.M. upgrades, Iron Banner Seal Triumphs, and the Trespasser Catalyst. And lastly, we’ve written on how to find a Loyalist Commander for Battles Lines Triumph and the Cek’ik Boss.