You know things are heating up for Final Fantasy XIV when a new special site for a patch goes up. With FFXIV 6.2 – “Buried Memory” right around the corner, the official patch website went live outlining all the new content on the way. It will be updated with additional information and screenshots as we get closer to the launch of Patch 6.2, which is set for late-August (presumably August 23).
More importantly, this came along with the FFXIV Patch 6.2 key art reveal, which focuses on the story of the upcoming eight-player raids, Pandaemonium: Abyssos. And, uh, oh no, Ancient Lahabrea is kinda nice. You can tell its him based on the red Ascian/Convocation mask he’s holding in the artwork. Zaddy Lahabrea, if you will.
The special site for #FFXIV Patch 6.2─Buried Memory is now live!
— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) July 28, 2022
Abyssos is next wave of instances in the Pandaemonium raid series, which take place in Lahabrea’s wild dungeon within Elpis, exploring more lore of the Ancients. It seems Lahabrea has some sort of (metaphorical) spell on several characters, and you got to learn more during the Asphodelos raids with characters like Erichthonios, Themis, and Hesperos. It’s easy to assume we’ll come in contact with Ancient Lahabrea before Abyssos wraps up.
You can see an exhaustive list of all the new content coming to FFXIV Patch 6.2 on the special site. We’ve also covered several of the upcoming pieces of content in greater detail, including Patch 6.25 content, which you can learn more about below.
FFXIV Patch 6.2 Content Summary
- New Main Scenario Quests
- Continues the main story, presumably diving deeper into implications of the Void and the Knight in Black who closely resembles Final Fantasy IV‘s Golbez. Our boy Cid will also be making an MSQ appearance in Patch 6.2!
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia
- Based on the screenshot teaser from the Live Letter in July, we’re venturing into the Void yet again. The name of the dungeon itself is another FFIV reference, borrowing the name from town of Troia.
- New High-end Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos
- As the Patch 6.2 key art indicates, the story of the Pandaemonium raid series delves deeper into Lahabrea’s wild dungeon in the depths of Elpis. Abyssos will consist of four (4) new eight-player raid instances where we may just confront Ancient Lahabrea himself.
- If you haven’t cleared the first four instances, check out our Asphodelos raid guides for help.
- Island Sanctuary
- Easily the most exciting new piece of content coming to FFXIV. This is a Harvest Moon-style type of content where players cultivate the land of their own private island, build and upgrade facilities, raise and nurture wildlife, and craft exclusive items. Thankfully, Island Sanctuary features its own inventory system
- Be sure to read our breakdown of everything we know about Island Sanctuary.
- New Trial
- It’s secret. Yoshi-P didn’t even give us a hint in the last Live Letter!
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay S1T7
- We’re revisiting the trials of Azys Lla to face a more difficult, revamped version of Sephirot. It is said to feature several new mechanics more in line with what we see in more modern content.
- Main Scenario Revisions
- Patch 6.2 will bring AI-controlled party members via the Duty Support system to MSQ dungeons in A Realm Reborn‘s patch quests and Heavensward‘s story up to The Vault. Key characters like Estinien, Ysayle, and Alphinaud are included as party members. There will also be tweaks to the design of some of these dungeons.
- This trend will continue throughout the FFXIV 6.x patch cycle until all MSQ dungeons leading up to Shadowbringers are covered.
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor
- The new sidequest series starring Tataru continues. Her business ventures will take you to familiar territory. Not only will you need to be caught up on Patch 6.1 MSQ, you will also need to have completed the 24-player alliance raid series from Heavensward, Shadow of Mhach.
- Adventurer Plates (Official Release)
- The personalized feature is getting its full implementation with some new features and quality of life improvements. Adventurer Plates are all the rage and let you show off your character and profile to anyone in-game. Portraits also let you express yourself in PVP.
- We have a guide on how to make the most of your Adventurer Plates.
- Allagan Tomestones of Causality
- Patch 6.2 makes some significant changes to Tomestones, the endgame currency used for high-level gear and materials. Tomestones of Causality are the next top-end currency; additionally Astronomy will drop its weekly cap and Aphorism will be discontinued.
- We have a full breakdown on how Tomestones are changing in Patch 6.2.
- New Crafting Recipes
- New Mounts, Minions, and Emotes
- New Fashion Accessories
- Glam is life.
FFXIV Patch 6.25 Content Summary (expected in October 2022)
- The First Variant Dungeon – The Sil’dihn Subterrane
- Variant Dungeons are a new content type where one to four players fight through brand-new dungeons with scaling difficulty. These feature different routes and story outcomes alongside key NPCs.
- We have a full breakdown of what Variant Dungeons are.
- The First Criterion Dungeons – Another Sil’dihn Subterrane and Another Sil’dihn Subterrane (Savage)
- Criterion Dungeons are tougher versions of Variant Dungeons and focus more on challenging combat. There is even a Savage version. These have different rules for party composition and abilities that make it distinct from traditional dungeons and raids.
- We have full breakdown of what Criterion Dungeons are.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- While Patch 6.15 ushered us into a new era of the life of inspector extraordinaire Hildibrand Manderville, Patch 6.25 will take us further down this ridiculous rabbit hole.
- We have a full guide on Hildibrand quests leading up to the most recent ones.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons
- If hunting down relic weapons is your jam, then you’ll definitely want to catch up on your Hildibrand quests before Patch 6.25. That’s because it’s a requirement for the all-new Manderville relic weapons! Get ready for some more ungodly nonsense from Godbert Manderville himself.
- New Tribe Quests – The Omicrons
- The next batch of Tribal Quests take us back to Ultima Thule, focusing on gathering Jobs and helping the Omicrons. It looks like we’ll be able to restore the dilapidated food court area there!
- Read up on what we know so far about the Omicron Tribal Quests.
Be sure to check out our full summary of the latest Live Letter from the Producer, which went over much of the new content coming to FFXIV Patch 6.2. In the meantime, use our Moogle Treasure Trove guide to farm Irregular Tomestones of Verity to get some sweet rewards until Patch 6.2 launches.