It’s an exciting time for Final Fantasy XIV with the latest update in Patch 6.2, titled “Buried Memory.” Not only does this mean the continuation of the main story with new quests, but it also means tons of new content and improvements for the game. The official FFXIV 6.2 patch notes have been published and the sheer length of them is a testament to just how much is included in Patch 6.2.
This article has been updated to reflect the new information from the complete patch notes, which were published while the game was in maintenance. The biggest addition from the preliminary version to the complete version of the patch notes is the FFXIV 6.2 Job changes. While nothing too significant was overhauled, Machinist mains will want to take note of how their Job has changed. Gunbreaker and Astrologian get some neat perks while a handful of others get minor potency boosts.
Here, we condense and breakdown everything you could possibly want to know about Patch 6.2 with our very own FFXIV 6.2 patch notes summary.
FFXIV 6.2 Main and Side Quest Updates
- As we all know, MSQ continues. The Patch 6.2 main story questline starts with “In Search of Azdaja” given by Varshahn in Rad-at-Han (X: 4.4, Y: 9.8). There appears to be a total of nine (9) new main quests.
- Pandaemonium raid quests accompany the four (4) new raid instances, Abyssos. If you’ve cleared and finished all of Asphodelos, you can continue this raid series with the quest “An Unwelcome Visitor” from Claudien in Labyrinthos (X: 8.6, Y: 27.5).
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor sidequest series continues. If you’ve completed the previous quests, you can find the new one called “Soaring Profits” from Mehdjina in Old Sharlayan (X: 11.8, Y: 9.8).
- For story reasons, you will also need to have completed the Heavensward-era Shadow of Mhach alliance raid series and the Patch 6.2 main story quests.
- Beast Tribe Quests are now officially renamed to Tribal Quests. In-game text has been updated to reflect the name change.
- The Steps of Faith trial is now a solo duty and no longer an eight-player trial.
- The Stormblood-era Ivalice alliance raid quests have been slightly changed. This won’t matter at all if you’ve already finished them.
Dungeons and Trials in FFXIV 6.2
- The Fell Court of Troia is the new MSQ dungeon and is unlocked in the first new main story quest, “In Search of Azdaja.” Players need be at Item Level 575 or higher to enter.
- The nature of the new trial is still hidden for spoiler reasons, but the normal version requires Item Level 585 to enter.
- The Extreme version of the new trial is unlocked by talking to Wandering Minstrel in Old Sharlayan (X: 12.7, Y: 14.2) after completing an unnamed 6.2 main story quest.
- Average Item Level 600 or higher is required. This duty can only be entered via the Raid Finder.
- Totems are rewarded for clearing the Extreme trial which can be exchanged with Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han (X: 10.6, Y: 10.0) for items.
- Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal) reintroduces Sephirot from the Warring Triad trial series. Players must have completed Shadowbringers MSQ, the quest “Fantastic Mr. Faux” for Faux Hollows, and cleared the normal version of Containment Bay S1T7.
- Average Item Level 565 or higher is required. This duty can only be accessed via Raid Finder.
- Ultima’s Bane (Unreal) will no longer be available after Patch 6.2.
Starting Abyssos Raids (Normal and Savage)
- The next batch of Pandaemonium raids are here. As mentioned earlier, you must have completed the previous raid quests ending with “Who Wards the Warders?” then initiate the quest “An Unwelcome Visitor” from Claudien in Labyrinthos (X: 8.6, Y: 27.5).
- The normal versions of the Abyssos raids require Item Level 585 or higher.
- Savage versions of the Abyssos raids will be available the week after Patch 6.2 goes live: August 30 at 1:00 a.m. PT.
- To unlock Abyssos (Savage), speak to Nemjiji in Labyrinthos (X: 8.4 Y: 27.4) after completing the normal Abyssos questline.
- The following is the list of Item Level requirements for each instance of Abyssos (Savage):
- Abyssos: The Fifth Circle (Savage) – Item Level 600 or higher
- Abyssos: The Sixth Circle (Savage) – Item Level 605 or higher
- Abyssos: The Seventh Circle (Savage) – Item Level 610 or higher
- Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage) – Item Level 610 or higher
- Stone, Sky, Sea training dummy sessions have been updated to include all instances of Abyssos Savage.
How Abyssos Rewards Work
- As usual, the normal versions of the Abyssos raids require players to roll for tokens in a loot pool upon clearing an instance. You can only receive one (1) token per instance every week. The weekly reset is every Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. PT.
- Various raid instances offer certain tokens. The following is a list of prices for normal Abyssos raid gear:
- Head: Unsung Helm of Abyssos (x2)
- Body: Unsung Armor of Abyssos (x4)
- Hands: Unsung Gauntlet of Abyssos (x2)
- Legs: Unsung Chausses of Abyssos (x4)
- Feet: Unsung Greaves of Abyssos (x2)
- Accessories: Unsung Ring of Abyssos (x1)
- Every player who clear Abyssos: The Eighth Circle will receive one (1) Unsung Blade of Abyssos, which is the token for the raid weapon. This is also subject to the weekly cap of one per week.
- All raid-related rewards go through the NPCs Mylenie in Labyrinthos (X: 8.3 Y: 27.6) or Djole in Radz-at-Han (X: 10.3 Y: 9.6).
How Abyssos (Savage) Rewards Work
- As usual, the Savage versions of the Abyssos raids feature gear coffers that players have to roll for in a loot pool upon clearing an instance. You can only receive one (1) Abyssos coffer per instance every week. The weekly reset is every Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. PT.
- Gear coffers contain the corresponding gear piece for the Job you have equipped when opening them.
- If your party has one to four members who already did their weekly clear, only one (1) gear coffer will appear in the loot pool; five or more players and no gear coffer will drop.
- Additionally, every player who clears an Abyssos Savage instance is rewarded with an Abyssos Mythos (I – IV for the corresponding instance). These are also given once per week for each Savage instance.
- Abyssos Mythos tokens can be exchanged for gear pieces of your choice. The following is a list of prices for Abyssos Savage raid gear:
- Weapon: Abyssos Mythos IV (x8)
- Head: Abyssos Mythos II (x4)
- Body: Abyssos Mythos IV (x8)
- Hands: Abyssos Mythos II (x4)
- Legs: Abyssos Mythos III (x8)
- Feet: Abyssos Mythos II (x4)
- Accessories: Abyssos Mythos I (x4)
- All Abyssos gear acquired from the Savage instances are Item Level 630 pieces, except for the weapon which is Item Level 635.
- You can also exchange the proper Mythos tokens for materials (presumably) required for the new Augmented Tomestone gear:
- Moonshine Brine: Abyssos Mythos III (x4)
- Moonshine Twine: Abyssos Mythos III (x4)
- Moonshine Shine: Abyssos Mythos II (x4)
- Again, all raid-related rewards go through the NPCs Mylenie in Labyrinthos (X: 8.3 Y: 27.6) or Djole in Radz-at-Han (X: 10.3 Y: 9.6).
Changes to Existing Raids
- The weekly cap removed from Aglaia rewards; this includes gear coffers and Aglaia Coins.
- All four Asphodelos (Savage) instances and Endsinger Extreme have been moved to the Duty Finder.
- Endsinger Extreme now features the Echo.
- The party will be granted 5% Echo effect upon each party wipe (up to 25% in total). Each stack of Echo is only applied if the party lasts for at least three minutes in an attempt.
- Drop rates have increased for Lynx of Eternal Darkness Flute and Lynx of Divine Light Flute (for the respective mounts) from the corresponding Extreme trials.
- These can also be purchased from Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han (X: 10.6, Y: 10.0) for 99 Astral Totems and 99 Umbral Totems, respectively.
- The weekly cap removed on Dragonsong Tokens from Dragonsong Ultimate.
Changes to Allagan Tomestones
- As covered previously, Tomestones of Causality are the new high-end endgame currency with Patch 6.2, taking the place of Tomestones of Astronomy.
- Causality is subject to a cap of earning 450 per week.
- Tomestones of Astronomy take the place of Tomestones of Aphorism.
- The 450 per week cap has been removed (still has a total inventory cap of 2,000)
- Tomestones of Aphorism are discontinued and can no longer be earned.
- Any remaining Aphorism Tomestones in your inventory can be exchanged for Astronomy Tomestones; visit Auriana in Mor Dhona (X: 22.7 Y: 6.7).
- Tomestones of Allegory and Revelation are gone from the game completely.
- New gear for Tomestones of Causality can be purchased from Cihanti in Radz-at-Han (X: 10.8 Y: 10.3).
- Augmented versions of Causality gear will be available once the Abyssos Savage raids go live.
- Tomestone rewards from Daily Roulettes, PVP, and Elite Marks have been adjusted accordingly. Astronomy rewards have shifted to Causality, and Aphorism rewards have shifted to Astronomy. The rates remain the same.
Changes to Daily Roulettes
- Expert Roulette has been updated to only include Alzadaal’s Legacy and The Fell Court of Troia.
- It requires both dungeons to be unlocked and an Item Level of 575.
- The new Level 90 Roulette has been added; it includes The Dead Ends, Smileton, and The Stigma Dreamscape.
- This Roulette rewards players with 100 Tomestones of Astronomy and 15 Tomestones of Causality.
- Trials Roulette has removed The Steps of Faith and added the new level 90 MSQ trial.
- Alliance Raids Roulette now features Aglaia.
- Normal Raids Roulette now includes all four Abyssos raids.
- Mentor Roulette adds the new MSQ dungeon, MSQ trial, and the four Abyssos raids.
Duty Support Additions
- A Realm Reborn 2.x MSQ dungeons now have NPC party members via Duty Support
- Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake
- The first few Heavensward MSQ dungeons now have NPC party members via Duty Support
- Sohm Al, The Aery, The Vault
- New Duty Support dungeons will feature important story characters as party members.
- NPC party members now speak in all of the Duty Support dungeons added in Patch 6.1 (covering all of A Realm Reborn MSQ)
Overhauls to Existing Dungeons and Trials
- The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak
- A shield for Paladins/Gladiators has been added to treasure coffers.
- The Yeti and Fenrir boss battles have been adjusted.
- Certain dungeon mechanics have been changed.
- The Keeper of the Lake
- The Einhander, Magitek Gunship, and Midgardsormr boss battles has been adjusted.
- Sohm Al
- The Raskovnik, Myath, and Tioman boss battles have been adjusted.
- The Aery
- The Rangda, Gyascutus, and Nidhogg boss battles have been adjusted.
- The behavior of certain monsters has changed.
- Certain cutscenes have been changed.
- The Vault
- The positioning of certain monsters has changed.
- Thornmarch (Hard)
- The battle has been overhauled.
- Containment Bay S1T7
- The status effects Force Against Might and Force Against Magic will no longer be removed if the afflicted player dies.
- The appearance of Sephirot’s Earth Shaker attack has been adjusted to improve the visibility of its AoE.
- World of Darkness
- The effects when destroying enemies has been adjusted.
- Display of target indicators for certain mechanics have been changed for some instances.
- Sohm Al, The Vault, Neverreap, World of Darkness, Weeping City of Mhach, Dun Scaith
All FFXIV 6.2 Job Changes
- Tank highlights — There are plenty of potency increases here, but the most notable changes are with various Gunbreaker skills and Dark Knight’s Living Shadow.
- DPS highlights — Reaper and Samurai got some minor potency buffs while Dragoon had its Jump mechanics tweaked slightly. The biggest change here is with Machinist; essentially, the Battery Gauge has been changed to affect summons’ damage output rather than duration on the field.
- Healer highlights — Not too much happening with healers. White Mage gets a duration boost of Liturgy of the Bell, Sage gets a barrier effect for Holos, and enmity generation has been slightly tweaked. Astrologian got streamlined versions of Redraw and Minor Arcana as well.
- For PVP Job changes, please see the “PVP Updates” section further down.
- Holy Spirit: Potency increased from 270 to 280. Requiescat potency increased from 540 to 560.
- Blade of Faith: Potency increased from 420 to 460.
- Blade of Truth: Potency increased from 500 to 540.
- Blade of Valor: Potency increased from 580 to 620.
- Maim: Base potency increased from 130 to 150, combo potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Storm’s Path: Base potency increased from 120 to 130, combo potency increased from 400 to 410.
- Storm’s Eye: Base potency increased from 120 to 130, combo potency increased from 400 to 410.
- Shake It Off: The action’s effect will apply to its target quicker.
- Abyssal Drain: Potency increased from 150 to 240.
- Living Shadow: Duration decreased from 24 seconds to 20 seconds. The simulacrum always attacks the first target hit by the player after it’s summoned.
- The simulacrum’s Shadowbringer potency increased 450 to 500, and all its other actions have potency increased from 300 to 350.
- The simulacrum no longer uses Quietus.
- Brutal Shell: Base potency increased from 120 to 130, combo potency increased from 260 to 270.
- Solid Barrel: Base potency increased from 120 to 140, combo potency increased from 340 to 360.
- Jugular Rip, Abdomen Tear, and Eye Gouge: Range increased from 3 yalms to 5 yalms for all three actions.
- Fated Circle: Potency increased from 290 to 300.
- Bloodfest: Recast/cooldown timer increased from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Hypervelocity: Range increased from 3 yalms to 5 yalms.
- Blasting Zone: Potency increased from 700 to 720.
- Double Down: Damage reduction on secondary targets decreased from 20% to 15%.
- Jump and High Jump: Both actions no longer replaced by Mirage Dive when under the effect of Dive Ready.
- Mirage Dive: Now a separate action that must be mapped to the hotbar. No longer subject to the recast timer of Jump and High Jump.
- Tenka Goken: Potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Hissatsu Kyuten: Potency increased from 110 to 120.
- Hissatsu Guren: Damage reduction on secondary targets decreased from 50% to 25%.
- Kaeshi Goken: Potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Slice: Potency increased from 300 to 320.
- Waxing Slice: Base potency increased from 140 to 160, combo potency increased from 380 to 400.
- Infernal Slice: Base potency increased from 140 to 180, combo potency increased from 460 to 500.
- Death Scythe Mastery II: A new level 84 Trait that grants the potency increases mentioned above.
- Rook Autoturret: Duration is now fixed at 9 seconds (instead of scaling to 15 seconds max). Battery Gauge now affects damage potency.
- Potency scales based on Battery Gauge accumulated beyond the amount required for deployment. Damage potential maxes out after 75 charge.
- Rook Overdrive and Rook Overload: Base potency reduced from 320 to 160, but Battery Gauge now affects damage potency.
- Potency scales based on Battery Gauge accumulated beyond the amount required for deployment. Damage potential maxes out at 320 potency.
- Automaton Queen: Duration is now fixed at 12 seconds. Potency of attacks scale based on Battery Gauge accumulated beyond the amount required for deployment.
- Roller Dash: Base potency of 240 scaling to a max potency of 480 depending on Battery Gauge.
- Arm Punch: Base potency of 120 scaling to a max potency of 240 depending on Battery Gauge.
- Automaton Queen will always attacks the first target hit by the player after it’s summoned.
- Liturgy of the Bell: Effect duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Embrace and Seraphic Veil: No longer generates enmity.
- Fey Union: HP restoration effect no longer generates enmity.
- Redraw: The Astrosign of the new card you draw is guaranteed to be different from the one you discarded.
- Minor Arcana: Now changes to the action required to activate Lady of Crowns / Lord of Crowns.
- Crown Play has been removed as a result.
- Kardia: HP restoration effect no longer generates enmity.
- Holos: New additional effect that applies a barrier equal to the amount of HP restored. Duration of 30 seconds or until barrier is consumed.
Changes to Combat Systems (Outside of Job Changes)
- Actions & Traits menu now features an option to view combo trees for your Job
- Recast timers on hotbar action icons can be enlarged and repositioned.
- Character Config -> Hotbar Settings -> Display tab
- Heal-over-time ticks will no longer generate additional Enmity (the initial spell effect will)
- When under an effect that boosts Critical Hit or Direct Hit chance, actions that already guarantee Crit/DH will instead get a damage boost.
- Damage boost is based on the chance increase from the corresponding status effect.
- Actions that guarantee Crit/DH will now get a damage boost based on the player’s Crit/DH stats.
All the Island Sanctuary Details
- To unlock Island Sanctuary, take the quest “Seeking Sanctuary” from Clueless Crier in Old Sharlayan (X: 11.9, Y: 11.0).
- The only requirement is that you must have completed Endwalker MSQ.
- After leaving your island, you can return by speaking to Baldin in Lower La Noscea (X: 24.9 Y: 34.8).
- Every player gets their own instanced zone.
- There are no Job requirements to participate in Island Sanctuary
- Although there is an emphasis on crafting and gathering, Disciples of the Hand or Land classes are not required.
- Visions are your objectives in Island Sanctuary and appear in the Duty List HUD element.
- The Islekeep’s Index is the dedicated menu and HUD element for all Island Sanctuary-specific systems and activities.
- This lets you switch modes (building, gathering, crafting, farming, etc.), and also displays your Scrips and Island EXP.
- You have a dedicated inventory for Island-specific items and materials.
- Earning Island EXP will level up your Sanctuary Rank. Doing various activities grant you EXP. More features and options will open up as you rank up.
- Two currencies exist in Island Sanctuary: Seafarer’s Cowries and Islander’s Cowries.
- You earn these as you progress on your island and are used for items in shops that become available or to hire NPCs to work on your island.
- Your Hideaway is your base of operations; this is where you grow crops, construct buildings, care for animals, and more. You can expand it as you progress.
- Sanctuary Gathering Log tracks all the materials you collect and marks them on the map.
- Sanctuary Crafting Log is the menu where you craft island-specific items.
- Construction menu lets you build facilities and check the materials required to build them.
- Planting and watering seeds is how you grow crops at your Hideaway.
- The Pasture is where captured animals live in your Hideaway. Taking care of them will reward you with specific materials.
- You can release up to 40 minions on your island. They will roam free across the island and even behave differently.
- A preview of three different facilities in your Hideaway showcase their features.
- The Cozy Cabin is your home. Play orchestration rolls, exchange items with vendors, and more.
- The Workshop is where you make handicrafts with your collected materials. You can also assign tasks to NPCs you employ.
- The Granary lets you assign teams of NPCs to go on gathering expeditions (which will take real time).
- As you progress and rank up, you can renovate and upgrade your facilities.
- Players can use Teleport or Return to leave their island at any time or use the boat at (X: 9.2 Y: 28.3).
- Players can visit the islands of friends, party members, or free company members if they have permissions enabled.
- There is an option to visit other islands when speaking to Baldin in Lower La Noscea (X: 24.9 Y: 34.8).
- Up to 16 players can visit an island at once.
- Certain Sanctuary-specific actions are disabled for visitors.
- Challenge Log has been updated with Island Sanctuary goals.
Gold Saucer Updates
- The GATE schedule has been tweaked for certain events as outlined below:
- Every hour on the hour: Cliffhanger, Air Force One, or Leap of Faith (The Fall of Belah’dia).
- Hourly, 20 minutes past the hour: The Slice Is Right, Cliffhanger, or Any Way the Wind Blows
- Hourly, 40 minutes past the hour: Air Force One, Any Way the Wind Blows, or Leap of Faith (The Falling City of Nym)
- Time window to register for the Leap of Faith GATE has been reduced from 10 minutes to 8 minutes.
- Doman Mahjong now displays player-character portraits.
- New items to buy with MGP have been added, and new Triple Triad cards are available to collect.
New Hairstyles are Available
- Two new ponytail hairstyles have been added for most races.
- Female and male Viera both get two new hairstyles; one with braided pigtails and one that’s a short cut.
- Hrothgar hairstyles added in Patch 6.1 now feature their ears!
Wondrous Tails and Faux Hollows Updated
- Rewards obtained from Khloe’s Gold/Silver/Bronze Certificates have been updated.
- Aglaia alliance raid and The Fell Court of Troia dungeon have been added as Wondrous Tails objectives.
- As mentioned earlier, Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal) is available via Faux Hollows.
- A new flying squirrel minion is available in exchange for Faux Leaves.
Updates to Emotes and Fashion Accessories
- It appears we get some new cheering-style emotes; their names/subcommands have not been revealed.
- You can now use standard emotes with an umbrella equipped.
- The umbrella will disappear when doing so but will automatically be reappear after the emote ends.
- A new umbrella-specific emotes are now available.
- These will be displayed in the fashion accessories menu.
- The “/draw” subcommand will leave you in the weapon draw pose.
- New Pixie Wings are available as a fashion accessory.
New Mounts and Minions (and Menu Changes)
- As mentioned earlier, a flying squirrel minion is available via Faux Hollows.
- A minion of those little helper NPCs from Old Sharlayan (and Island Sanctuary) is available.
- Each page in the minion menu now displays 30 slots (you can also mark 30 favorites now).
- Three varieties of the new Mandragora mount are available via Island Sanctuary.
- Each page in the mount menu now displays 30 slots (you can also mark 30 favorites now).
- Up to six mount actions can be displayed at once.
Adventurer Plates and Portraits Updated for Official Released
- Several new features and quality-of-life improvements have been added to Adventurer Plates and Portraits for the official release.
- You can now have a Portrait active separate from the one on your Adventurer Plate.
- Players are allotted one Portrait for every gear set created.
- Portraits tied to a gear set will automatically be set as your Instant Portrait when the gear set is equipped (if enabled).
- New Portrait motions and accents have been added.
- The display of requirements for Framer’s Kits has been adjusted.
- You can now copy Portrait designs for other gear sets; this includes motions and accents but not the gear itself.
Tons of New Housing Furnishings
- New pieces from the FFXIV Furnishing Design Contents from 2019 have been added to the game.
- New character portraits available to hang on housing walls.
- New outdoor furnishings like a bench and table set and a tent.
- Sweet Pea Seeds added for flowerpots (see your residential district’s Material Supplier or Apartment Merchant to buy them).
- New aquarium tank is now available.
Crafted Gear Recipes and Removing Gender Lock on Glam
- New recipes for the new crafted gear sets have been added. Below, you can check out what the gear looks like.
- Gender lock removed for certain gear/glam. Below is the full list of the gear piece that can now be equipped by both male and female characters.
FFXIV 6.2 Job Changes for PVP
- Warrior: Bloodwhetting buffed and HP absorption increased from 75% to 100% of damage dealt.
- Gunbreaker: Draw and Junction recast timer reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Monk: Limit Break gauge for Meteodrive fills up faster.
- Dragoon: Chaotic Spring HP absorption increased from 100% to 150% of damage dealt. Horrid Roar recast timer reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds
- Samurai: Hissatsu Chiten recast timer reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Ninja: The ability to chain Seiton Tenchu (Limit Break) slightly nerfed — each subsequent usage while “Unsealed” reduces effect duration by 1 second.
- Machinist: Chain Saw can no longer has the 3% change to instakill while under the effect of Analysis. Instead, it has a 3% change to deal damage equal to 95% of target’s HP.
- Summoner: Slipstream now grants movement speed boost to party members standing in it.
- White Mage: Afflatus Misery potency increased from 10,000 to 12,000. Aquaveil barrier heal potency increased from 6,000 to 8,000. Miracle of Nature range reduced from 25 yalms to 15 yalms. Seraph Strike potency increased from 6,000 to 8,000. Cure III heal potency increased from 12,000 to 16,000.
- Scholar: Adloquium and Biolysis potency boost effect reduced from 10% to 8%.
- Astrologian: The Bole reduces damage taken by self or target plus nearby party members by 10% with a duration of 15 seconds. The Arrow reduces GCD recast timers for self or target plus nearby party members by 10%, and increases movement speed, all for a duration of 10 seconds. (The Ewer and The Spire have been removed.)
PVP Updates (Rewards and Balancing)
- Series 2 starts with the launch of Patch 6.2 and ends when Patch 6.3 drops. New progression track and rewards can be earned through gaining Series EXP and Series Levels.
- UI changes to the Series Malmstones menu make reward icons more distinct.
- Season 3 starts with the launch of Patch 6.2; end of Season 2 rewards are available (based on where you ranked at the end of the Season).
- Claim rewards from Feast Quartermaster in Wolves’ Den Pier (X: 4.9 Y: 5.7).
- All previously ranked players will begin Season 3 at Bronze 3 (no risers).
- End of Season 3 rewards will be based on the highest rank reached, not your rank at the Season’s end.
- Players will be rewarded with portraits, achievements, and titles from all ranks up to their end-of-Season rank.
- Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge is now available.
Crystalline Conflict Changes
- The ranking system has been adjusted to make matches more competitive:
- Players who lose a match as Diamond 5 with no risers get demoted to Platinum 1 with two risers.
- Players who lose a match with no Crystal Credit get demoted to Diamond 1 with two risers.
- The range of player rankings used for the matchmaking pool has been adjusted, but no specifics were shared.
- Timeout penalties will be instated for players who leave when a match is found or in the middle of a match.
- First violation: 30 minutes. Second violation: 90 minutes. Third violation: 180 minutes.
- Withdrawing when a match is found only affects the ability to register for ranked PVP matches and not the normal Duty Finder.
- Withdrawing mid-match applies the timeout penalty to ranked PVP matches and Duty Finder.
- Respawn timer for KO’d party members now appears in the party list on your HUD.
- Two new quick chat messages have been added: “Executing a limit break!” and “Everyone, group up!”
- Players’ Job name will show up in the chat window when using the “Limit Break ready!” and “Moving the crystal now!” quick chat messages.
PVP Battle System Balance Changes
- Tanks, plus Monk, Samurai, and Reaper modifier for damage taken has been changed from -20% to -30%.
- Dragoon and Ninja modifier for damage taken has been changed from -15% to -30%.
- Physical Ranged DPS Jobs, Healers, Black Mage, and Summoner modifier for damage taken has been changed from -10% to -15%.
- Red Mage modifier for damage taken has been changed from -10% to -15%.
- Potency of the Flying High status effect has been adjusted.
- HP and actions of Warmachina have been adjusted.
- HP and actions of Mammets, Gobtanks, and goblin mercenaries have been adjusted.
- HP of towers and cores has been adjusted.
- Actions of steam cannons have been adjusted.
- Potency of the HP over time effect granted by the Tower Defense effect has been adjusted.
- Damage over time effect of Magitek fields has been adjusted.
- Damage threshold required to obtain goblin mercenaries has been adjusted.
More Minor Changes in FFXIV 6.2
- Paladin/Gladiator weapon and shield will be shown as a set item when acquired through a coffer.
- You can now preview the contents of gear coffers.
- Players can now request gear repair from party and alliance members; this can be done while in an instanced duty.
- Everyone’s Glam Dresser has been expanded from 400 slots to 800 slots.
- Players can no longer collect items as Disciples of the Hand or Land from certain FATEs.
- New items are available from certain Gemstone traders.
- Treasure Hunt rewards from Excitatron 6000 and Kumbhiraskin Treasure Maps have been adjusted.
- New Charge symbol options available for Company Crests.
- New areas and items for Subaquatic Voyages.
- Max submersible rank has increased from 95 to 100.
- New orchestration rolls have been added.
- All three Grand Companies now sell two orchestration roles each for 40,000 company seals.
- Instanced battles in Stormblood MSQ now include character portraits in dialogue boxes (more will be added in the future).
- Moonward gear (Item Level 570) is now purchasable with Sacks of Nuts.
- New items available in exchange for Skybuilders’ Scrips.
- Crafters’ Scrips and Gatherers’ Scrips cap increased to 4,000.
- New Master Recipes, and a Master Recipes tab added.
- New Miner and Botanist gathering points, and new items added to gathering points.
- Miners and Botanist can now find Prime Collectables when gathering.
- Prime collectable items that have reached maximum collectability have a chance of yielding exceedingly rare items from aetherial reduction.
- When using sublime collectables, you are guaranteed to receive these rare items.
- Collectables gathering menu has been updated.
- New fish baybeeee!
- New HUD options to display different types of currency.
- Explorer Mode added to several endgame dungeons from A Realm Reborn.
- Better color contrast on area-based map markers to help with colorblindness.
- Friend request response options now consist of Accept, Wait, and Decline.
- “Accept Friend Request” subcommand in the Social menu -> Friend List tab has changed to “Respond to Friend Request.”
- Dynamic Resolution option added for all platforms (PS4, PS5, and PC)
- Enabling dynamic resolution allows the game to automatically change resolution to improve frame rate, trading visual quality for performance.
- Some enemies in Mor Dhona and Mare Lamentorum have been repositioned
- Steam overlay will now appear when loading FFXIV through Steam.
- If you feel guilty about mistakenly getting your deposit back even if you won the housing lottery, you can return the Gil and get an item.
- Talk to the Housing Lottery Clerk in Empyreum (X: 10.2, Y: 10.2) if you wish to do so. Sure…yeah…we’ll do that.