If you’ve been on your Relic Weapon journey with our previous guides, then you’ve already crafted your Zodiac Relic and Anima Relic weapons in Final Fantasy XIV. Both processes required a variety of different quests and some grinding. The next set of weapons is different, however, with the FFXIV team choosing a more straightforward and pure treadmill for the process with Stormblood’s Eureka Weapons.
This guide will cover the Eureka Weapons, the third series of Relic Weapons introduced in the Patch 4.x cycle during Stormblood. With a total of six steps, you’re looking at fewer phases compared to the A Realm Reborn and Heavensward quests. None of these Relic Weapons are best-in-slot anymore, so you’re purely doing this for your own satisfaction or glamour purposes. In fact, we won’t cover the process for the final upgrade phase because it doesn’t offer a new glamour.
How to Unlock Your Eureka Relic – Antiquated Weapons
This unlock process is actually much easier, and you’ve likely done it without realizing it. Eureka Relic Weapons are given to every player when they complete their entire Job questline up to the level 70 quest. If you’re above level 70, you really should have these questlines done already, as they also give you a key Job ability. The quest will reward you with a coffer that includes the level 70 Artifact gear, which all begin with the moniker “Antiquated.”
The full list of quests and their associated weapons are below:
- Astrologian (AST): Foxfire – Antiquated Pleiades
- Bard (BRD): Sweet Dreams Are Made of Peace – Antiquated Failnaught
- Black Mage (BLM): One Golem to Rule Them All – Antiquated Vanargand
- Dark Knight (DRK): Our Compromise – Antiquated Caladbolg
- Dragoon (DRG): Dragon Sound – Antiquated Ryunohige
- Machinist (MCH): The Mongrel and the Knight – Antiquated Outsider
- Monk (MNK): The Power to Protect – Antiquated Sudarshana Chakra
- Ninja (NIN): When Clans Collide – Antiquated Nagi
- Paladin (PLD): Raising the Sword – Antiquated Galatyn + Antiquated Evalach
- Red Mage (RDM): With Heart and Steel – Antiquated Murgleis
- Samurai (SAM): The Battle on Bekko – Antiquated Kiku-ichimonji
- Scholar (SCH): Our Unsung Heroes – Antiquated Organum
- Summoner (SMN): An Art for the Living – Antiquated Lemegeton
- Warrior (WAR): The Heart of the Problem – Antiquated Farsha
- White Mage (WHM): What She Always Wanted – Antiquated Aymur
Of course, you’ll notice the Jobs that came after Stormblood — Gunbreaker, Dancer, Reaper, and Sage — are not reflected here. These jobs do have level 70 Job quests, but these quests do not reward any Antiquated gear. Likewise, the Blue Mage level 70 Job quest does reward a weapon, but that weapon isn’t counted as part of this Relic Weapon series.
Guides for all of the phases of the Eureka Relic Weapon quest are below:
- FFXIV Relic Weapon Guide: How to Get Your Anemos Relic Weapon
- FFXIV Relic Weapon Guide: How to Get Your Elemental Relic Weapon
- FFXIV Relic Weapon Guide: How to Get Your Pyros Relic Weapon
- FFXIV Relic Weapon Guide: How to Get Your Eureka Relic Weapon
What Happens If I Lose a Eureka Relic Weapon?
If you accidentally destroy a Relic Weapon, you can pick up the base Antiquated iteration from any Calamity Salvager for a clean 1,000 Gil. You can find the Calamity Salvager NPC in any of the three starting cities:
- Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X: 11.3, Y: 14.3)
- Old Gridania (X: 10.0, Y: 8.4)
- Ul’dah – Steps of Thal (X: 12.6, Y: 13.1)
If you lose the weapons from a later step in this process, you have to start back at the beginning. In the case of the Eureka Relic Weapons, this means grabbing the Antiquated weapon and then turning in the correct items again. If you’ve unlocked the Eureka Physeos Relic Weapon, you can purchase the Replicas from the NPC named Staelhundr in Kugane (X: 7.8, Y: 14.1).
What About Using Eureka Relic Weapons For Glamour?
Here’s the thing: you cannot place a Relic Weapon in the Glamour Dresser. Instead, you need to acquire a replica of the weapon from Staelhundr in Kugane (X: 7.8, Y: 14.1). This NPC will sell you a replica of every single Eureka Relic Weapon phase. You need to have at least completed the Anemos phase of the Eureka quests to even access the shop. Note that he’ll only offer the replicas that you’ve actually completed. These replicas can then be placed into your Glamour Dresser for glamour purposes.