If you’re a veteran player of Final Fantasy XIV, you probably forget all about the Aether Currents in-between expansions. These whirling orbs of wind dot the landscape in new maps, and only by finding all of them can you break your shackles and fly free. It’s a one-time hunt that tends to be forgotten outside of launch weeks.
The first major region players will come across is Old Sharlayan, the new hub city, but right behind that is Thavnair. This island nation has long been at the forefront of the world’s trade. It’s led by the satrap, the ruler of the shining, colorful city of Radz-at-Han.
One thing to note is that Thavnair is one of two maps that you’ll visit twice. The first time will only cover half of the map and you won’t be able to get all of the aether currents. You can collect five of them, and two currents tied to quests. When you return to Thavnair later in the story, you’ll be able to access the second half of the map and the latter three quests that will allow you to unlock flight. For the purposes of the map below, everything in the Shroud of the Samgha region is off-limits until later in the story.
- The Great Work
- The Hamsa Hatchery
- Giantsgall Grounds
- The Wakeful Torna
- Pavana’s Remorse
- Agama Temple
- Palaka’s Stand
- The Burning Field
- Kadjaya’s Footsteps
- The Font of Maya
If you’re looking for the exact locations of each aether current, the coordinates are below. Finally, there are a few aether currents that are only unlocked via quests. When those quests unlock and where you pick them up is listed below.
Aether Current Coordinates
- X: 27.5, Y: 30.9, Z: 0.0
- X: 17.9, Y: 32.2, Z: 0.2
- X: 11.8, Y: 10.2, Z: 0.7
- X: 19.1, Y: 15.7, Z: 0.8
- X: 20.5, Y: 7.2, Z: 0.9
- X: 23.8, Y: 14.6, Z: 0.0
- X: 32.4, Y: 18.3, Z: 0.2
- X: 22.5, Y: 25.2, Z: 0.1
- X: 27.3, Y: 29.9, Z: 0.0
- X: 23.3, Y: 12.5, Z: 0.3
Aether Current Quests
- Quest – “Alchemist or Dancer” – The Great Work (Available After “A Boy’s Errand”)
- Quest – “Steppe Child” – Yedlihmad (Available After “A Boy’s Errand”)
- Quest – “Simple Pleasures” – The Shroud of the Samgha (Available After “When All Hope Seems Lost”)
- Quest – “In Agama’s Footsteps” – Palaka’s Stand (Available After “When All Hope Seems Lost”)
- Quest – “Radiant Patrol” – Palaka’s Stand (Available After “When All Hope Seems Lost”)
With all the Aether Currents collected, you can fly through the crystal clear skies of Thavnair. Well, once you save the world and put right what once went wrong. Of course, you can’t save the world if you can’t do your job. If you’re curious about how to play the new Sage or Reaper in Endwalker, check out our guides for those Jobs as well as the expansion’s aether currents, dungeons, and trials.
If you need to look at our other Aether Current maps, you’ll find them below:
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Garlemald Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Mare Lamentorum Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Elpis Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Labyrinthos Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Ultima Thule Map, Locations & Coordinates