if you’re a veteran player of Final Fantasy XIV, you probably forget all about the Aether Currents in-between expansions. These whirling orbs of wind dot the landscape in new maps, and only by finding all of them can you break your shackles and fly free. It’s a one-time hunt that tends to be forgotten outside of launch weeks.
During their search for the truth, the Warrior of Light heads to Elpis, a vast research preserve that was the original home of the star’s many creatures. Alongside some of FFXIV‘s most storied heroes and villains, you’re here to find out exactly what ails the planet. The Final Days are coming and this is the last hope.
Elpis is a map that’s divided into three different sections you’ll access over the course of the main story quests. You’ll begin with access to the first part, with five aether currents and two aether current quests. The next third of the map is available after the “Travelers at the Crossroads” quest, and the final third is available during “A Flower Upon Your Return.” Be patient.
- First Bloom
- The Twelve Wonders
- The Cthonic Horns
- The Mourning Dew
- Southerly Zephyrneus
- Poieten Oikos
- Peripeteia Krystalline
- Metabaseos Thalassai
- Northerly Zephyrneus
- Southerly Boreneus
- The Hungering Gardens
- Easterly Boreneus
- Ktisis Hyperboreia
If you’re looking for the exact locations of each aether current, the coordinates are below. Finally, there are a few aether currents that are only unlocked via quests. When those quests unlock and where you pick them up is listed below.
Aether Current Coordinates
- X: 18.6, Y: 32.4, Z: 1.3
- X: 24.5, Y: 21.5, Z: 1.6
- X: 34.0, Y: 23.6, Z: 1.6
- X: 6.3, Y: 29.7, Z: 1.2
- X: 11.8, Y: 31.3, Z: 1.3
- X: 16.3, Y: 20.7, Z: 3.0
- X: 10.3, Y: 24.9, Z: 3.1
- X: 6.2, Y: 19.3, Z: 3.2
- X: 13.6, Y: 15.6, Z: 3.3
- X: 13.4, Y: 7.6, Z: 4.8
Aether Current Quests
- Quest – “Touring Anagnorisis, Part I” – Anagnorisis (Available After “Their Greatest Contribution”)
- Quest – “You and the Ailouros” – The Twelve Wonders (Available After “Aether to Aether”)
- Quest – “The Perks of Being a Lost Flower” – Kallimelios Zephyros (Available After “A Flower Upon Your Return”)
- Quest – “An Expected Guest” – Kallimelios Zephyros (Available After “A Flower Upon Your Return”)
- Quest – “Caging the Messenger” – Misopses Euros (Available After “Follow, Wander, Stumble, Listen”)
With all the Aether Currents collected, you can soar through this idyllic place. Take some time off in-between saving the world to smell the roses. If those are roses… Of course, you can’t save the world if you can’t do your job. If you’re curious about how to play the new Sage or Reaper in Endwalker, check out our guides for those Jobs as well as the expansion’s aether currents, dungeons, and trials.
If you need to look at our other Aether Current maps, you’ll find them below:
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Garlemald Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Thavnair Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Mare Lamentorum Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Labyrinthos Map, Locations & Coordinates
- FFXIV Endwalker: Aether Currents – Ultima Thule Map, Locations & Coordinates