With Patch 6.2 for Final Fantasy XIV finally here, we have a clear picture of how its changing from a gameplay perspective. Here, we’re going to breakdown all the FFXIV 6.2 Job changes based on the full patch notes published on The Lodestone. Broadly speaking, there are only a few instances of major, noteworthy adjustments.
Overall, there are plenty of minor damage potency increases to go around. If you’re a Machinist, you’ll definitely want to check out how your Battery Gauge and summons have changed. Gunbreakers can enjoy a bit more range on their Cartridge combos. And Astrologians should be happy about streamlining of card-dealing and getting the stars to align.
Director and producer Naoki Yoshida previously mentioned that Dragoon and Astrologian were supposed to get significant tweaks this patch. But ultimately, those changes had to be delayed to give the FFXIV team more time to work them out. For now, enjoy our breakdown of all the FFXIV 6.2 Job changes that are now live.
Tanks (FFXIV 6.2 Job Changes)
Across the board, all tanks got damage potency buffs to make them hit a bit harder in combat. Dark Knight has a notable tweak with Living Shadow, which we’ll explain below. Gunbreaker received additional adjustments to increase the range on certain actions but slightly nerf a couple of other skills. As for the role itself, all tank players should note that Provoke now generates even more enmity.
- Holy Spirit: Potency increased from 270 to 280. Requiescat potency increased from 540 to 560.
- Blade of Faith: Potency increased from 420 to 460.
- Blade of Truth: Potency increased from 500 to 540.
- Blade of Valor: Potency increased from 580 to 620.
- Maim: Base potency increased from 130 to 150, combo potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Storm’s Path: Base potency increased from 120 to 130, combo potency increased from 400 to 410.
- Storm’s Eye: Base potency increased from 120 to 130, combo potency increased from 400 to 410.
- Shake It Off: The action’s effect will apply to its target quicker.
- Abyssal Drain: Potency increased from 150 to 240.
- Living Shadow: Duration decreased from 24 seconds to 20 seconds. The simulacrum always attacks the first target hit by the player after it’s summoned.
- The simulacrum’s Shadowbringer potency increased 450 to 500, and all its other actions have potency increased from 300 to 350.
- The simulacrum no longer uses Quietus.
- Brutal Shell: Base potency increased from 120 to 130, combo potency increased from 260 to 270.
- Solid Barrel: Base potency increased from 120 to 140, combo potency increased from 340 to 360.
- Jugular Rip, Abdomen Tear, and Eye Gouge: Range increased from 3 yalms to 5 yalms for all three actions.
- Fated Circle: Potency increased from 290 to 300.
- Bloodfest: Recast/cooldown timer increased from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Hypervelocity: Range increased from 3 yalms to 5 yalms.
- Blasting Zone: Potency increased from 700 to 720.
- Double Down: Damage reduction on secondary targets decreased from 20% to 15%.
Melee and Ranged DPS (FFXIV 6.2 Job Changes)
The planned overhaul for Dragoon was delayed due to needing more time to work things out. But for now, the Job gets Mirage Dive as a separate action. Both Reaper and Samurai got some potency boosts (and a minor nerf to the latter’s AoE capabilities). The big DPS change goes to Machinist — essentially, the Battery Gauge now affects the damage output of its summons instead of their duration on the field. Magic DPS is straight chillin’.
- Jump and High Jump: Both actions no longer replaced by Mirage Dive when under the effect of Dive Ready.
- Mirage Dive: Now a separate action that must be mapped to the hotbar. No longer subject to the recast timer of Jump and High Jump.
- Tenka Goken: Potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Hissatsu Kyuten: Potency increased from 110 to 120.
- Hissatsu Guren: Damage reduction on secondary targets decreased from 50% to 25%.
- Kaeshi Goken: Potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Slice: Potency increased from 300 to 320.
- Waxing Slice: Base potency increased from 140 to 160, combo potency increased from 380 to 400.
- Infernal Slice: Base potency increased from 140 to 180, combo potency increased from 460 to 500.
- Death Scythe Mastery II: A new level 84 Trait that grants the potency increases mentioned above.
- Rook Autoturret: Duration is now fixed at 9 seconds (instead of scaling to 15 seconds max). Battery Gauge now affects damage potency.
- Potency scales based on Battery Gauge accumulated beyond the amount required for deployment. Damage potential maxes out after 75 charge.
- Rook Overdrive and Rook Overload: Base potency reduced from 320 to 160, but Battery Gauge now affects damage potency.
- Potency scales based on Battery Gauge accumulated beyond the amount required for deployment. Damage potential maxes out at 320 potency.
- Automaton Queen: Duration is now fixed at 12 seconds. Potency of attacks scale based on Battery Gauge accumulated beyond the amount required for deployment.
- Roller Dash: Base potency of 240 scaling to a max potency of 480 depending on Battery Gauge.
- Arm Punch: Base potency of 120 scaling to a max potency of 240 depending on Battery Gauge.
- Automaton Queen will always attack the first target hit by the player after it’s summoned
Healers (FFXIV 6.2 Job Changes)
Not much is happening on the healer side of things. Some regen effects no longer increase enmity. White Mage and Sage both get a little buff to one skill each, as a treat. Astrologian was supposed to get an overhaul in Patch 6.2, but it has been delayed for another patch. For now, we get more streamlined versions of Redraw and Minor Arcana, which is a major help considering all the actions Astrologians have to juggle.
- Liturgy of the Bell: Effect duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Embrace and Seraphic Veil: No longer generates enmity.
- Fey Union: HP restoration effect no longer generates enmity.
- Redraw: The Astrosign of the new card you draw is guaranteed to be different from the one you discarded.
- Minor Arcana: Now changes to the action required to activate Lady of Crowns / Lord of Crowns.
- Crown Play has been removed as a result.
- Kardia: HP restoration effect no longer generates enmity.
- Holos: New additional effect that applies a barrier equal to the amount of HP restored. Duration of 30 seconds or until barrier is consumed.
There is no shortage of new content for the critically acclaimed MMORPG. Be sure to catch up with our breakdown and summary of everything new in FFXIV Patch 6.2. Get ready for your in-game vacation with our Island Sanctuary unlock guide or dive deeper into Pandaemonium by unlocking the Abyssos raids. You’ll also want to peep all the new mounts, minions, and emotes for Patch 6.2.
Here at The Linkshell, we’re hard at work covering FFXIV Patch 6.2 so be on the lookout for our guides on Island Sanctuary, the Abyssos raids, and the new Trials.