The Grand Companies are one way for you to really supercharge your personal income in Final Fantasy XIV, in addition to some other benefits. To really make that happen and maximize your potential, however, you need to get promotions. This guide will help you learn what promotion entails. If you want to know more about this system, take a look at our Grand Companies and Company Seals guide.
How Do I Get Promoted in My Grand Company?
When you first join a Grand Company, you’ll be at the rank of Private Third Class. Effectively, this means you can only hold a maximum total of 10,000 Company Seals. When you cap out on Seals, any additional Seals you gain simply disappear, so you want to be spending them or working toward increasing your cap by getting promoted. Promotion requires you to pay a certain amount of Seals, and at higher ranks, you’ll have to complete certain quests.
Here’s all the ranks and what’s needed to unlock them.
- Private Third Class (10,000 Max Seals): Starting rank
- Private Second Class (15,000 Max Seals): 2,000 Seals
- Private First Class (20,000 Max Seals): 3,000 Seals
- Corporal (25,000 Max Seals): 4,000 Seals
- Sergeant Third Class (30,000 Max Seals): 5,000 Seals, Complete Grand Company Hunting Log Rank 1
- Sergeant Second Class (35,000 Max Seals): 6,000 Seals
- Sergeant First Class (40,000 Max Seals): 7,000 Seals
- Chief Sergeant (45,000 Max Seals): 8,000 Seals, Complete “Shadows Uncast” quest
- Second Lieutenant (50,000 Max Seals): 9,000 Seals, Complete Grand Company Hunting Log Rank 2 and “Gilding the Bilious” quest
- First Lieutenant (80,000 Max Seals): Complete “Flagged Mission: Crystal Recovery” from Adventurer Squadrons
- Captain (90,000 Max Seals): Complete 5 Command Missions, then complete “Flagged Mission: Sapper Strike”
When you have the prerequisite for the rank finished, go talk to your Grand Company’s Personnel Officer and select “Apply for a promotion”. The Personnel Officers are in each Grand Company Headquarters within each city.
- Storm Personnel Officer – Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X: 13.1, Y: 12.7)
- Flame Personnel Officer – Ul’dah – Steps of Nald (X: 8.3, Y: 9.0)
- Serpent Personnel Officer – New Gridania (X: 9.8, Y: 11.0)