The giant Dendro chicken, Jadeplume Terrorshroom, is a new normal boss in Genshin Impact’s Sumeru. If you have any plans of leveling up the new Dendro characters of Collei or Tighnari, you’ll need to do some farming for its Majestic Hooked Beak ascension items. In this guide, we’ll help you get to the boss and set up the best team possible for farming it.
Where to Find the Terrorshroom
The easiest way to locate it is to hit the Events Overview button, click on Murkwood Fungal Raptor, and tap “Go to Challenge.” The map will then mark the Terrorshroom’s location, which is in the far reaches of Vissudha Field. When you get to the approximate location, you’ll see a purple Rift. Use the sparkly teleportation zipline at the top of the cliff to launch yourself into the Rift. Then, you’ll find yourself in the Terrorshroom’s arena with a very convenient waypoint right next to the arena.
Terrorshroom Boss Fight Strategies
There are a lot of ways to do this fight. You can simply bring a non-Pyro and non-Electro team, and skip all of the Terrorshroom’s Electro/Pyro-initiated mechanics, or you can bring an Electro team to do it very fast. We recommend an Electro and Dendro team:
- Terrorshroom has a unique Electro and Pyro mechanism: When the Terrorshroom is hit by Electro, it will become more powerful. Each Electro attack causes the boss to accumulate “Activation” until it reaches a tipping point and enters an “Activated state.” In this mode, the Terrorshroom will unleash powerful attacks until it is exhausted. Pyro, on the other hand, will reduce any Activation progress. But if the Terrorshroom becomes Scorched, it will create Fungi enemies (maximum four), which will also deal damage.
- A fast way to clear this fight is to trigger the Activated state, dodge the Activated state’s attacks, and then when the Terrorshroom is exhausted on the ground hit it with all the elemental reactions you’ve got. If you have Dendro on the team with Electro, then you can trigger Avaggrate which increases Electro damage taken by the Terrorshroom.
Best Team for Farming Terrorshroom
Any electro DPS is fine. Beidou, Keqing, Yae Miko, any of them work, as long as they have the right artifacts. As for Dendro, there are only a couple options right now. Collei or Dendro Traveler both can do the job well.
Terrorshroom Boss Drops
- Unique Boss Drops: Majestic Hooked Beak
- Dendro Ascension Materials: Nagadus Emerald
- Artifact Sets: Gladiator’s Finale, Wanderer’s Troupe (and other fodder sets)
- Adventure Rank Experience
- Companionship Experience
Terrorshroom Boss Attacks
- Three Melee Combo: Hits three times in a row with a forward swipe, hammer-like hit with its beak, and then a full body hop. This is the main attack to look out for. Don’t let your guard down after dodging the first attack. Any one of the attacks will send you flying into the air, so if you get hit by one, you won’t be able to avoid the next attack.
- Fungi Release: When Scorched, Terrorshroom will release fungi. These are floating little creatures that will pelt Dendro attacks at you. A maximum of four fungi can exist at a time.
- Ranged Projectile Attack: The Terrorshroom will also use its tail to launch a couple ranged Dendro attacks at you. While these do track you, they can be dodged.
- Dendro AoE: This is indicated by a green AoE forming around Terrorshroom and is telegraphed pretty early.
- Activated State, Projectiles: In the Activated state, Terrorshroom will spit a series of projectiles at you. They follow you, but can be dodged.
- Activated State, Running Charge: In the Activated state, Terrorshroom charges at you in a straight line, repeatedly. Again, this attack can be dodged.
This fight can be completed in a lot of different ways. This guide focuses on Electro and Dendro, with a focus on triggering the Terroshroom’s Activated state. But if you bring an all Pyro team, that totally works as well. I tested it and found that simply tanking your way with a shielder through the spawned Fungi and shredding through Terrorshroom works fine. Even if you have no Pyro and no Electro on your team this fight can still be cleared with ease. There are many ways to roast the chicken!