The penultimate step stands in front of you. This guide will help you unlock your Complete Anima Relic Weapon, the next step for the Relic Weapons introduced in the Heavensward expansion of Final Fantasy XIV. The seventh step will require a couple of dungeon runs. These weapons are no longer best-in-slot, so you’re doing these quests for Glamour purposes and the sheer joy of completion. If you’re looking for another phase, you can head back to the primary guide for the Anima Relic Weapon questline.
How to Unlock Your Complete Anima Relic Weapon
Heading back to Ardashir in Azys Lla (X: 7.4, Y: 11.5), you’ll be given yet another quest. This one will be “Born Again Anima,” which is a three-phase quest. The first part is dead simple: run three dungeons. Those dungeons are Sohm Al (Hard), The Great Gubal Library (Hard), and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard) — all can be completed unsynced with the Sharpened Anima Weapon in your inventory.
After that, the next two phases can be done in any order — even together, if you so desire!
How to Complete “Some Assembly Required”
The first part requires you to talk to the nearby Processing Node in Azys Lla (X: 7.0, Y: 11.4). The node will give the quest “Some Assembly Required,” which will require you to collect 15 Pneumite. There are a number of different ways to collect the Pneumite. The first option is to trade 100 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics to one of several vendors. These vendors should be familiar to you, following previous phases of the Anima Relic Weapon grind.
- Auriana in Mor Dhona (X: 22.7, Y: 6.6)
- Hismena in Idyllshire (X: 5.7, Y: 5.2)
- Rowena’s Representative in Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (X: 9.0, Y: 11.1)
- Rowena’s Representative in Ul’dah – Steps of Nald (X: 9.1, Y: 8.3)
- Rowena’s Representative in New Gridania (X: 11.9, Y: 12.3)
- Rowena’s Representative in Foundation (X: 10.5, Y: 11.8)
The second option is to purchase the Pneumite for 4,000 Company Seals from any Grand Company quartermaster. You have to reach Second Lieutenant rank and talk to any of these NPCs, depending on your Grand Company:
- Storm Quartermaster in Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X: 13.1, Y: 12.7)
- Serpent Quartermaster in New Gridania (X: 9.8, Y: 11.0)
- Flame Quartermaster in Ul’dah – Steps of Nald (X: 8.3, Y: 9.0)
The final option is a toss-up, as the Pneumite has a chance to drop from any chest when you decipher a Timeworn Archaeoskin Map, Timeworn Dragonskin Map, or Timeworn Wyvernskin Map. Once you have the required number of Pneumite, talk to the Processing Node again, which will net you a Newborn Soulstone.
How to Collect Aetheric Density
The other phase requires you to talk to the Verification Node in Azys Lla (X: 25.6, Y: 22.4). The Node wants you to collect Aetheric Density, which is similar to light farming in the Zodiac Relic Weapon questline. Certain activities give you a different amount of Aetheric Density points, noted by the chat log text saying, “The anima housed in the [Weapon] grows [Growth Type] from aetheric condensation.” These points will only be rewarded by completing the duties with your Sharpened Anima Relic Weapon equipped.
The Growth Types in the text correspond to these numbers, awards by specific activities. Occasionally, you’ll get a bonus for an activity, moving the point gain up one level.
- Vague (4 points): Any Heavensward FATEs
- Meager (8): The Limitless Blue (Hard/Extreme), Thok ast Thok (Hard/Extreme)
- Vigorous (16): Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme), The Minstrel’s Ballad: Nidhogg’s Rage, any Alexander Raid
- Robust (32): Any Heavensward Dungeon, Any Level 50 A Realm Reborn Dungeon (except Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium), Alexander (Savage) Gordias raids (A1S – A4S), and Containment Bay Z1T9 (Extreme)
- Sturdy (64): The Void Ark, The Weeping City of Mhach, and Dun Scaith
- Hardened (96): Alexander (Savage) Midas raids (A9S – A12S)
- Stalwart (128): Potential bonus from Alexander (Savage) Midas raids (A9S – A12S)
- Nigh Unyielding (2000): Weapon complete
You need 2,000 Aetheric Density points to finish the weapon. You can check how many points you have with the Enhanced Anima Glass, an item that’s placed in your Key Items inventory. When used, the glass has ten runes, with each lit rune marking 200 2,000 Aetheric Density points. You’ll also get a notification onscreen when you’ve finished.
You can run a bunch of dungeons solo unsynced, with Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard) and Haukke Manor (Hard) being the community standards for this method. If you can find a full group on Party Finder, continuous runs of A9S, Alexander: The Eyes of the Creator (Savage), is the way to go. You can also simply solo A9S these days.
Once you’ve charged the weapon to full, take it and the Newborn Soulstone to Gerolt in Azys Lla (X: 7.4, Y: 11.5), who will forge your weapon into a Complete Anima Relic Weapon. Once this is done, there’s also one quick quest to complete. “Body and Soul” begins at the Automaton in Azys Lla (X: 7.4, Y: 11.5). This will require you to go meet Rowena in Mor Dhona, and then head back to Azys Lla. This will reward you with the Anima minion.