Unlocking weapons in Vampire Survivors is part of the appeal, and there are tons of them to discover. But if the available pool seems small, don’t fret. Evolved weapons are a special category that requires combinations with specific items, as well as following certain steps. This guide explains how it works and goes over the available Vampire Survivors weapon upgrades.
How to Make Vampire Survivors Weapon Upgrades
The process to make Vampire Survivors weapon upgrades is as follows:
- Take the weapon you want to evolve to level 8.
- Find the accessory needed for the evolution.
- Open a chest after the 10-minute mark during a run.
It’s a straightforward enough process all things considered, but it’s heavily reliant on luck, as you never know which weapons or items you’ll encounter. The drop pool isn’t massive, so it’s likely that you’ll obtain what you need by the 10-minute mark and onwards.
I recommend focusing on leveling up the weapon every time you get the upgrade as an option when gaining a level. At the same time, keep an eye out for the accessory. You don’t need to level up the accessory, so don’t worry about it. If you see it, make sure to grab it and continue leveling up the weapon.
Once you have both the level 8 weapon and required accessory with you, continue making your way through the stage until you get to at least 10 minutes of playtime. Afterward, defeating special enemies (who are either bigger in size than usual or have a different color) has the chance of dropping a chest. Opening it should give you the evolved weapon. If it doesn’t, try with another chest.
All Vampire Survivors Weapon Upgrades and Evolution Chart
Last updated: July 8, 2022
Here are all possible Vampire Survivors weapon upgrades in the evolution chart:
- Axe + Candelabrador: Death Spiral (pierces through enemies)
- Cross + Clover: Heaven Sword (chance to deal critical damage)
- Fire Wand + Spinach: Hellfire (pierces through enemies)
- Garlic + Pummarola: Soul Eater (increases power when recovering HP)
- King Bible + Spellbinder: Unholy Vespers (makes King Bible orbit endlessly)
- Knife + Bracer: Thousand Edge (has no delay)
- Magic Wand + Empty Tome: Holy Wand (has no delay)
- Whip + Hollow Heart: Bloody Tear (chance to absorb HP and deal critical damage)
- Santa Water + Attractorb: La Borra (damaging zones follow you and grow when they move)
- Lighting Ring + Duplicator: Thunder Loop (lightning strikes twice in the same spot, after a brief delay)
- Pentagram + Crown: Gorgeous Moon (generates extra gems and gathers all of them)
- Runetracer + Armor: No Future (explodes when bouncing and in retaliation)
- Song of Mana + Skull O’Maniac: Mannajja (might slow enemies down)
- Gatti Amari + Stone Mask: Vicious Hunger (provides a chance to turn pickup into gold coins)
- Shadow Pinion + Wings: Valkyrie Turner (improves Shadow Pinion’s effects)
- Laurel + Metaglio Left + Metaglio Right: Crimson Shroud (creates a shield around the player that deals damage when hit until the charges are depleted)
- Clock Lancet + Silver Ring + Gold Ring: Infinite Corridor (fires a freezing beam that does not damage but freezes enemies in twelve directions)
In addition, an update in January 2022 added Unions, which are upgrades that happen between two weapons instead.
You can find all available Vampire Survivors Unions below:
- Peachone + Ebony Wings: Vandalier (bird that flies around the player and throws projectiles in two circling zones around the player)
- Phiera Der Tuphello + Eight The Sparrow + Tiragisú: Phieraggi (shoots four lasers that rotate around the player)
- Vento Sacro + Bloody Tear: Fuwalafuwaloo (creates multiple attacks horizontally in front of the character, as well as a circle of attacks around the character)
The process is fairly similar: you need to get both weapons up to level 8, and then open a chest after the 10-minute mark.
All in all, obtaining Vampire Survivors weapon upgrades isn’t too hard if you’re patient enough. If you’re pursuing a specific evolution, I recommend double-checking if one of the characters doesn’t already have the weapon by default. This can you give enough leverage to start leveling up the weapon as soon as possible.
You May Also Like:
- Vampire Survivors Dev Talks Scrapped Story Mode And NFT Jokes
- Vampire Survivors Update – How to Unlock Characters Dommario & Suor Clerici
- Vampire Survivors Stone Mask Guide – How to Unlock the Stone Mask