Mortal Kombat 11 has no shortage of military might. Characters like Cassie Cage and Jax represent the fictional “Special Forces” just fine. But Sonya Blade is the ranking officer among the mere mortals of Mortal Kombat. And that martial lifestyle is reflected in her playstyle. Which is why we’ve created this guide to Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 11, full of tips on how to use the frontline fighter effectively. Let’s take a look!
- Frost Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
- Kitana Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities Guide – List & Video
- Jacqui Briggs Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Tips
Sonya Blade Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 sports multiple loadouts. With a mixture of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look and feel of your fighter however you like. And there are some truly nasty combinations — though the game limits how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are more flexible than others, too, but every fighter generally has a basic set of strengths and weaknesses. So let’s take a look at basic pros and cons of playing Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 11.
Sonya is, first and foremost, and up-close and personal fighter. Her mix-up attacks force opponents to guess which direction she’s going to come from next. If they guess wrong, and don’t block correctly, you can blow them away with fast and furious combos.
Sonya lacks long-range capabilities and heavy burst damage — plain and simple. This calls for a more aggressive play style that gets you in a foe’s face before they can react. That makes working around zoning characters (e.g. Noob Saibot) extremely difficult.
Sonya Blade Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Sonya is a quick character, but her attacks don’t do much damage. At all. If you want to win with Sonya, you’ll need to know how to string together long combos.
- Sonya is also almost purely a close-range character. You’ll want to be up in their faces at all times and press any advantage you can get.
- If the opponent manages to get away, you can use Sonya’s turret to put pressure on your opponent as you rush back in.
- Remember, most stages have an interaction option to jump out of a corner when stuck, and others have an additional object in the middle of the stage to launch off of. As Sonya is at a severe disadvantage at anything but close-range, it’s important to remember these and be prepared if an opponent jumps away.
- Sonya’s gauntlets allow you to shoot a small pink shockwave, but be careful — a lot of these moves have less range than you think.
Sonya Blade Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Sonya Blade Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Sonya Blade tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!