Jacqui Briggs is an odd one. While the rest of Mortal Kombat 11 seems more simplified than ever, this cyber-enhanced soldier is awfully complex. She brings a tremendous number of combos, cancels, and counters to battle. And it sounds like it’ll be up to the player to decipher them. But if you can master her, this might just be the fighter for you. Let’s take a look at why — along with some tips — in our Mortal Kombat 11 Jacqui Briggs guide.
- Kollector Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Liu Kang Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
- Noob Saibot Guide: Mortal Kombat 11 Character Strengths, Weaknesses, Fatalities
Jacqui Briggs Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
It’s tough to say exactly what makes Jacqui Briggs tick in the newest Mortal Kombat. The game isn’t out, after all! But developer Netherrealm Studios did us all a favor by showcasing this character (and many more) in video demos. So we’ve got a basic idea of what to expect. Don’t think we’re resting on our laurels, though! We’ll be sure to update this guide with better strengths, weaknesses, and tips once the game is out. For now, though, let’s take a look at what we know about Jacqui Briggs in Mortal Kombat 11.
Jacqui Briggs is a tremendously technical character (at least compared to the rest of the Mortal Kombat 11 roster). She has three major loadout variations based on mobility, grappling, and pressure. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses, but overall lend themselves to close-range playstyles. You’re meant to get in and pile on the pain — not to use a ton of projectiles and long-range strikes. To aid this, Jacqui has multiple moves you can cancel for free. Whereas most of the Mortal Kombat 11 cast needs to play those kinds of mind games. The fighter can even counter throws… with her own throw that then shifts into an arm or leg lock. It’s up to the opponent to guess which (and counter appropriately).
The downside is that Jacqui Briggs will be too complicated for a lot of players. Her vast array of options is very different from the otherwise very simplified Mortal Kombat 11 roster. Meanwhile her projectiles, while interesting, likely won’t let her play consistently at long-range.
Jacqui Briggs Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- Jacqui’s dash punch gets a Krushing Blow when delivered at max range (basically from across the entire screen). Besides doing incredible damage, it pushes enemies back a great distance for extra space.
- Jacqui Briggs also gets a Krushing Blow if she counters an enemy with her boot stomp attack. This pops enemies up in the air, allowing you to follow up with a combo for free.
- Some of Jacqui’s attack strings change depending on how fast you press the buttons. Learn the differences and think about which attacks to use!
- Jacqui can customize her projectiles for different effects. Her rockets knock opponents back, while her plasma shots deal damage over time — and leave burning pools on the ground for zoning.
- Plasma benefits a grappling loadout for Jacqui. The burning pools will do more damage over time while she holds opponents in place. The rockets, meanwhile, complement a more pressure oriented build. They can knock opponents into the corner for her to go to work.
Mortal Kombat 11 isn’t out yet. Be sure to check back closer to the game’s release for more Mortal Kombat 11 Jacqui Briggs tips. Until then, please enjoy our breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses — written above!
Jacqui Briggs Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Mortal Kombat 11 isn’t out yet, we’re sorry to say… Be sure to check back later for a full list of Jacqui Briggs fatalities after the game’s release! We’re just as excited to see them all in action as you are.
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Jacqui Briggs tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!