Xiangling may not be the most powerful character in Genshin Impact, but she’s certainly one of the best. She sits on a line between both DPS and sub-DPS depending on how you build her. That makes her incredibly useful in a variety of team comps which is probably why you’re here. Today we’re going to run down Xiangling’s abilities and recommend what we think is the best build, best artifacts, best team composition, and more!
More Genshin Impact:
- Genshin Impact Battle Pass Guide – Rewards, Unlock, Quests, Bounties
- How to Get More Wishes in Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact Code Guide – Redeem for Free Wishes, Primogems, & More
First of all, lets explain her abilities for folks who are unfamiliar. In short, she has a flurry of quick attacks and a charge attack which causes her to spiral forward. Her basic ability summons Guoba the Panda, who eats a chili and breathes fire between bites. He’s smart enough to acquire targets correctly including nearby fire totems or crates which need to be destroyed. Her ultimate is Pyronado which summons a whirling disk of fire around her, hitting all enemies in its path. This is particularly useful against enemies with shields.
- Dough-Fu (Basic Attack)
- Normal Attack: Performs up to five consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to enemies along the way.
- Guoba Attack (Basic Ability)
- Summons Guoba the Panda. Guoba continuously breathes fire at the enemy, dealing AOE Pyro DMG.
- Pyronado (Ultimate)
- Displaying her mastery over both fire and polearms, Xiangling sends a Pyronado whirling around her. The Pyronado will move with your character for so long as the ability persists, dealing Pyro DMG to all enemies in its path.
- Crossfire (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
- Increases the flame range of Guoba by 20%.
- Beware, It’s Super Hot! (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
- When Guoba Attack’s effects end, Guoba leaves a chili pepper on the spot where it disappeared. Picking up a chili pepper increases ATK by 10% for 10s.
- Chef de Cuisine (Passive 3) – Unlocked
- When Xiangling cooks an ATK-boosting dish perfectly, she has a 12% chance to receive double the product.
The most obvious way to build Xiangling is to focus on pyro damage and reducing skill cooldowns. Xiangling is unique in that both of her abilities continue to occur even if you switch characters. Because of this you can build her either as your primary or secondary DPS.
There are two four-star weapons we recommend for Xiangling. Prototype Grudge boosts damage when you use an Elemental Skill while Crescent Pike boosts damage whenever you pick up an Elemental Orb. The first is for when you cast an ability and switch, the second is better when you primarily do DPS as Xiangling. For a budget option, go with a trusty tree-star Halberd, it’s really not that bad.
Prototype Grudge (Pyro Focused) – After Using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal and Charged Attack DMG by 8% for 12 seconds. Max 2 stacks.
Halberd (Budget) – Normal Attacks deal an additional 160/200/240/280/320% DMG. Can only occur once every 10 seconds.
Crescent Pike (Attack Build) – After picking up an Elemental Orb, Normal and Charged Attacks deal an additional 20% ATK as DMG for 5 seconds.
Skyward Spine (5-Star) – Increases critical rate by eight percent and increases normal attack speed by 12 percent. Additionally, normal and charged attack hits on enemies have a 50 percent chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40 percent of attack as damage in a small AOE. This effect can occur no more than once every two seconds.
The best artifact set for Xiangling is one that focuses on the aforementioned elemental abilities. You probably want something along the lines of Noblesse Oblige, The Exile, or Crimson Witch of Flames. The former will power up elemental burst damage while the last will power up all Pyro damage.
If you’d prefer to use her as your primary DPS there are the usual options: Gladiator’s Finale, Martial Artist, and Berserker.
Like we mentioned, Xiangling can either be the primary or secondary DPS. Lots of players use her as the secondary DPS to enable higher elemental combinations similar to how Fischl functions. You can also slot her into the support role and use the fire effect for detonations.
- Xiangling Main DPS
- Main DPS: Xiangling
- Secondary DPS: Fischl
- Healer: Qiqi
- Support: Venti
- Secondary DPS Team
- Main DPS: Keqing
- Secondary DPS: Xiangling
- Healer: Jean
- Support: Fischl
- Overload Support Team
- Main DPS: Xiao
- Secondary DPS: Keqing
- Healer: Barbara
- Support: Xiangling
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Diligence
- Common Ascension Material: Slime Condensate/Secretions/Concentrate
We’re putting the constellation information here at the bottom because it’s incredibly hard to get. You unlock one additional level for each subsequent time you summon Xiangling. The good news is you can get her for free once you reach Adventure Rank 20!
- Level 1 – Crispy Outside, Tender Inside: Enemies hit by Guoba’s attacks have their Pyro RES reduced by 15% for 6 seconds.
- Level 2 – Oil Meets Fire: The last attack in Normal Attack sequence applies the Implode status onto the enemy for 2s. An explosion will occur once this duration ends, dealing 75% of Xiangling’s ATK as Pyro DMG.
- Level 3 – Deepfry: Increases the level of Pyronado by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Slowbake: Pyronado’s duration is increased by 40%.
- Level 5 – Guoba Mad: Increases the level of Guoba Attack by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Condensed Pyronado: For the duration of Pyronado, all party members receive a 15% Pyro DMG Bonus.
Here’s what you’ll need to maximize Xiangling’s level cap.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Jueyun Chilis, 3 Slime Condensate
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 2 Everflame Seeds, 10 Jueyun Chilis, 15 Slime Condensate
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 4 Everflame Seeds, 20 Jueyun Chilis, 12 Slime Secretions
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 8 Everflame Seeds, 30 Jueyun Chilis, 18 Slime Secretions
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 12 Everflame Seeds, 45 Jueyun Chilis, 12 Slime Concentrate
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 20 Everflame Seeds, 60 Jueyun Chilis, 24 Slime Concentrate
And that’s it! Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!