Not every Mortal Kombat 11 character is a returning icon. Some, like Erron Black, only got added to the series’ after its recent reboot. Of course that doesn’t make them any less cool than their classic counterparts. And Erron Black is most certainly cool. He’s an amoral human gunslinger that uses traps, firearms, and wits to compete with gods and sorcerers across Outworld. And, much like that setup implies, this character requires some serious thought to use effectively. Not to worry, though! That’s why we’ve put together this guide to Erron Black in Mortal Kombat 11.
- The Evo 2019 Line-Up: Every Game and What to Expect
- Equipped: Scorpion’s Big Valentine’s Day
Erron Black Strengths & Weaknesses – Mortal Kombat 11
It’s tough to say exactly what makes Erron Black tick in the newest Mortal Kombat. The game isn’t out, after all! But developer Netherrealm Studios did us all a favor by showcasing this character (and many more) in video demos. So we’ve got a basic idea of what to expect. Don’t think we’re resting on our laurels, though! We’ll be sure to update this guide with better strengths, weaknesses, and tips once the game is out. For now, though, let’s take a look at what we know about Erron Black in Mortal Kombat 11.
Erron Black is a somewhat strange Mortal Kombat 11 character with a lot of zoning potential. He can lay a bear trap to snag approaching enemies or throw a pool of poison to punish hasty retreats. And if the other player should try to peck away with projectiles? Well, Erron Black can simply shoot them out of the air (or quickly fire his revolver for long-range mind games). Combined with his rifle stance — which pulls out a gun that rapidly fires up to eight rounds — Erron Black can dominate the field of play.
All of this culminates in his Fatal Blow. The ultra powerful attack actually starts with an across-the-screen projectile. That makes it much, much easier to catch foes off balance for a surprise finish.
Erron Black, ironically for a gunslinger, does not have the best range in the game (at least according to Netherrealm Studios). His simple melee attacks require a bit of windup and proximity in order to be effective. Even his main projectile attack, firing his rifle, forces him to move slowly forward. You literally can’t stand still with the gun drawn! This often forces you to get in close and then push your opponent away — unlike more traditional zoning characters. That might confuse your opponent, but it’s also likely to trip up new players at first.
Erron Black Tips – Mortal Kombat 11
- You typically don’t want to get too close to your opponent as Erron Black. He’s a gunslinger, after all. But you can use that fact to your advantage. Cancel out of your rifle stance by bashing your foe up close. They might just not see it coming, if you’ve spent most of the match fighting at a distance.
- The acid trap is a fantastic way to force opponents into making mistakes. Put it behind them so they take damage if they back up. Or place it at their feet to force them to jump away. Whatever you decide, you can better predict their movements and follow up with appropriate ranged attacks.
- Erron’s Fatal Blow has some major range, so don’t worry about being in your opponent’s face when you go to use it.
- Erron’s TNT Toss is an interesting mind game move. The TNT doesn’t explode as soon as it hits the ground. Instead, it takes a bit of time to explode — enough time for an opponent to forget it’s there. You can use this to your advantage to get an opponent to panic and jump away from the area into one of your combos, or keep them in the same spot until the TNT explodes.
Erron Black Fatalities – Mortal Kombat 11
Fatalities are a big part of Mortal Kombat 11! That’s why we decided to give every character on the roster their own, separate list. Check out our list and guide to all the Erron Black Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 here!
That’s all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read our latest Mortal Kombat 11 guide, folks. We’ll be sure to come back with even more Erron Black tips and tricks after we’ve had the game in our hands for a while. Until then, though, please enjoy the rest of our fantastic guides and features all across the site. And take care!