Borderlands 3 has a lot that separates it from the previous games — if you know where to look. One such new feature is the the ability to equip any Action Skill right from the start of the game. If you choose to play as the Gunner Moze, that means you’ll be able to mix and match any of her mech’s weapons from the get go.
- Borderlands 3 Amara Guide
- Here’s When You Can Play Borderlands 3 by Platform and Time Zone
- Borderlands 3 Zane Guide
Borderlands 3 has done a lot to shake up the series’ Action Skill mechanic. While other characters now have multiple Action Skills, Moze only has one — summoning her mech, the Iron Bear. However, each of her Skill Trees gives her access to different weapons. You can equip two of these weapons to Iron Bear, giving you lots of flexibility in your play style. If you wish you were actually playing Mechwarrior, then Moze is the character for you.
Demolition Woman Skill Tree
V-35 Grenade Launcher (Action Skill)
- The V-35 is a semi-automatic grenade launcher. Its grenades are not affected by Moze’s equipped grenade mod.
Vanquisher Rocket Pod (Tier 2 Action Skill)
- The Vanquisher Rocket Pod is a rocket launcher capable of rapid-firing volleys of unguided explosive rockets.
Action Skill Augments
Shaped Charge (Tier 2)
- Direct hits with the V-35 deal increased damage.
Musical Chairs (Tier 3)
- Occasionally, the V-35 fires a Singularity Grenade that pulls in nearby enemies before exploding.
Active Tracking (Tier 3)
- The Vanquisher Rocket Pod now fires homing rockets and has increased Reload Speed. Hold down Fire Button and aim at enemies to designate up to 6 target. Releasing Fire Button launches a volley of homing rockets at the designated targets.
Lock and Speedload (Tier 4)
- The V-35’s Reload Speed is greatly increased and it now fires a 5-round burst.
Target Softening (Tier 4)
- The Vanquisher Rocket Pod deals greatly reduced damage per rocket, but fires in a 6-rocket spread. Additionally, enemies hit by Vanquisher Rocket Pot rockets take increased damage from all sources.
Hammerdown Protocol (Tier 5)
- Instead of a volley of conventional rockets, the Vanquisher Rocket Pod launches a single rocket with a nuclear warhead, dealing massive Radiation damage.
Fire in the Skag Den
- Whenever Moze deals Splash Damage, she deals bonus Fire Damage.
- Firing Iron Bear Weapons drains less Fuel. Killing an enemy while Iron Bear is active increases Fuel. This skill has diminishing returns.
- Kill Skill. Killing an enemy reduces Moze’s remaining Action Skill Cooldown Time. This skill has diminishing returns.
Means of Destruction
- Whenever Moze deals Splash Damage, there is a chance to add ammo to her currently equipped weapon’s magazine with a smaller chance to return a grenade.
- All Splash Damage dealt by Moze has a change to double in size.
Stainless Steel Bear
- Iron Bear gains additional armor and increased Maximum Fuel.
Pull the Holy Pin
- Moze’s grenades have a chance to score a Critical Hit, dealing greatly increased damage.
- After Moze exits Iron Bear, it will remain deployed in place for a short time. While Auto Bear remains active, it will target and attack nearby enemies until its duration ends, then it will charge at an enemy and self-destruct.
- Whenever Moze damages an enemy with a grenade, for every enemy hit, she restores a portion of her missing health.
Why Can’t I Carry All These Grenades
- Increase Moze’s grenade carrying capacity.
To the Last
- Moze gains the ability to throw grenades while in Fight For Your Life. If she threw a grenade before gaining Second Wind, a grenade is refunded.
- When Moze deals Splash Damage, her Action Skill Cooldown Rate is briefly increased.
- Whenever Moze deals Gun Damage, there is a change of a secondary explosion centered on the target.
Shield of Retribution Skill Tree
Railgun (Action Skill)
- The Railgun fires electrified high-velocity projectiles that deal Shock Damage.
Bear Fist (Tier 2 Action Skill)
- The Bear Fist is a pneumatic-driven fist that deals massive damage to a single target at close range.
Action Skill Augments
Hell on Rails (Tier 2)
- Railgun now fires superheated rounds that deal Fire Damage, but have increased Fuel Drain per shot.
Capacitive Armature (Tier 3)
- When Railgun hits an enemy, it chains to nearby enemies, dealing reduced Shock Damage to more targets.
Wild Swing (Tier 3)
- Whenever Bear Fist hits an enemy, it deals random Bonus Elemental Damage to that enemy and all enemies nearby.
Corrosive Sabot Round (Tier 4)
- Railgun now fires a specialty round that deals reduced damage and explodes after a short delay. Railgun shots have reduced Fuel Drain and the Magazine Size is increased.
Close the Distance (Tier 4)
Instead of punching, Bear Fist now launches its fist forward and grabs enemies at greatly increased range, pulling them back to Iron Bear.
Shockhammer (Tier 5)
- Bear Fist is now capable of sustained and rapid fire, punching as long as the Fire Button is held. Additionally, Bear First has reduced Fuel Drain and deals Bonus Shock Damage with each hit.
- Whenever Moze reloads, she loses a small portion of her health and grants additional Fire Damage to her an her allies’ rounds for a few seconds.
- Iron Bear gains a bubble shield that reduces damage taken. The shield deactivates if it sustains too much damage, reactivating after a short cooldown.
- While Moze’s shields are active, she gains Damage Reduction and increased Gun Damage.
Drowning in Brass
- Kill Skill. Killing an enemy grants Moze a stack of Drowning in Brass. For each stack of Drowning in Brass, Moze’s Fire Rate is reduced but Weapon Damage is increased for both her and her allies.
Thin Red Line
- A portion of Moze’s health is removed and cannot be restored, but her Maximum Shield is increased by the same amount.
- Moze’s Maximum Shield is increased and she gains resistance to Shock Damage.
Full Can of Whoop-Ass
- Entering Iron Bear causes Moze’s and her allies’ shields to immediately begin recharging at an increased Shield Recharge Rate.
- Whenever Moze scores a Critical Hit, she deals bonus Fire Damage.
Behind the Iron Curtain
- Moze’s Shield Recharge Delay is reduced, and her Shield Recharge Rate is increased.
- Moze’s Gun Damage is increased depending on how low her health is. The lower her health, the greater the increase.
- Kill Skill. After killing an enemy, Moze gains a stack of Phalanx Doctrine. For each stack of Phalanx Doctrine, Moze’s Maximum Shield and Gun Damage are increased. Each stack lasts 30 seconds. There is no stack limit.
- Whenever Moze scores a Critical Kill, her shields immediately begin recharging.
- Whenever Moze’s shield is fully depleted, she instantly restores a portion of her shield, and her Gun Damage is increased for a short time. This skill can only trigger after Moze’s shields have fully recharged.
Bottomless Mags Skill Tree
Minigun (Action Skill)
- The Minigun is capable of sustained rapid fire. Firing for long periods causes the Minigun to overheat, rendering it inoperable for a few seconds.
Salamander (Tier 2 Action Skill)
- The Salamander is a flamethrower that deals Fire Damage to enemies at close range. Though the Salamander has infinite ammo, it drains Fuel with use.
Action Skill Augments
Let Off Some Steam (Tier 2)
- Minigun deals more damage as heat increases, and can by fired for longer before overheating.
General Winter (Tier 3)
- Minigun fires Cryo rounds, which reduce Heat Gain and Fuel Drain, but deal reduced damage.
Fuel Economy (Tier 3)
- Reduces Salamander’s Fuel Drain. Additionally, Iron Bear’s Movement Speed is increased after damaging an enemy with Salamander.
Exploding Bullets (Tier 4)
- Minigun fires Explosive Rounds that deal increased Splash Damage but its Fire Rate is decreased.
Chemical Warfare (Tier 4)
- Salamander now deals Corrosive Damage. Additionally, Salamander’s Melt Damage is increased.
Molten Roar (Tier 5)
The Salamander burst-fires 3 projectiles with increased Fuel Drain, the first of which leaves a large Fire area.
Cloud of Lead
- Occasionally, Moze’s and Iron Bear’s shots will deal additional Fire Damage and won’t consume ammo.
- Adds a manned turret to the back of Iron Bear.
- Moze’s currently equipped weapon gains a stacking bonus to Magazine Size and Decreased Heat Per Shot for every piece of Equipped Gear that has a matching manufacturer.
Stoke the Embers
- Increases Moze and Iron Bear’s Fire Damage.
- After Moze scores a Critical Hit, she regenerates ammo for a few seconds.
- Increases Moze’s Handling. While moving, Moze’s Weapon Swap and Mode Switch Speed are increased.
- Moze can sprint and shoot at the same time.
- Moze gains increased Fire Rate and Critical Hit Damage.
The Iron Bank
- Increases Moze’s Magazine Size.
- Equipping two of the same Weapons on Iron Bear increases the damage they deal.
Some for the Road
- Moze gains infinite ammo for a few seconds after exiting Iron Bear.
- Moze gains increased Gun Damage as her magazine empties. The less ammo there is remaining, the greater the increase.
- Moze constantly regenerates ammo for her currently equipped weapon.