There’s a fair bit that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla doesn’t tell you from the jump, and one of these things is Charisma. It’s a hidden statistic that can be used in conversations to win other people over, effectively like the convincing conversation mechanic from Fallout. To increase your Charisma rank, though, you’ll need to participate in an activity called Flytings. In this guide, we’ll explain where to find these, how to prepare yourself properly, and list all of the correct answers that we’ve found.
More Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Skills Guide – Best Skills to Purchase, Earning XP
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Tips Guide – 6 Things the Game Doesn’t Tell You
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Silver Guide – How to Earn Silver Quickly
How to Win Flytings – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Firstly, you can go about finding Flytings by locating the theatre mask-looking icon on the map of Valhalla. They’re glowing bright white/blue, and can typically be found in cities and towns like Norwic and Repton.
A Flyting is basically an ancient rap battle. Yes, you read that correctly. Approaching the person at the location of the Flyting, you’ll speak to them to initiate the ultimate diss battle. The objective of the Flying is to outsmart your opponent with what you say, winning over them with a barrage of witty words.
It’s crucial that you maintain a sense of timing with your responses, and although you might think all your responses have to rhyme, this sometimes isn’t the case. After your opponent has rattled off a line, you’ll be given three responses to choose from, and a limited time in which to make your selection.
We’d say that it doesn’t matter what you choose since you can repeat the Flytings until you’re done, but you’re required to make a bet of 100 Silver minimum every time you undertake a challenge. Always pick the response that rhymes, and if there’s two potential responses that rhymes with your opponent’s line, pick the option that flows best.
Flytings Answers List – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Just below, we’ve outlined all the correct responses for the Flytings that we’ve completed so far in our time with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
This list is still being updated.
- “O, to beat such a braggart will surely be fun.”
- “You’re a weakling, a milksop, a cadger, a louse.”
- “Your pride is appalling, and your rhyming is worse.”
- “Then you’re speaking to fools, and their knowledge is flawed.”
- “And they’re sorely mistaken, I’m known for my might.”
- “Then you’ve surely misheard them, my wit is immense.”
- “You’re the picture of elegance, beauty, and grace.”
- “O, your valor’s the subject of story and song.”
- “It is truly a pleasure, my partner’s sublime.”
Lady Ellette, Colcestre:
- “For they put all who hear them to sleep.”
- “I’ll defeat you and banish all doubt.”
- “Lend a salve, for your words make me ill.”
This is… a bit of an odd one. Fergal the Faceless isn’t quite the wordsmith he would have everyone believe, and you can actually win this Flyting with any available retorts.
- “And your thick little skull’s fit for grinding my axe on.”
- “Test your might against mine and we’ll see how you do.”
- “With words I’ll ensnare you and put you to bed.”
- “I’m as good with my lips as I am with my tongue.”
- “While I doubt you can take me, I’ll give you a go.”
- “O, you’re barely an insect, a fly that I’ll swat.”
- “You’re possessed of a baldness that’s scared of your hair.”
- “You’ve the brains of a donkey, to challenge a Norse.”
Completing a Flyting will increase your Charisma level. After your Charisma level has increased to level two, you’ll be able to select conversation options that you’d normally be locked out of. For example in an early story mission, you’re given an option to have an enemy commander stand down, but only if you’ve attained Charisma rank two. Flytings are undoubtedly a worthwhile endeavour if you want to see a different side to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.