Kazuma Kiryu has left an impressive legacy behind him, and now it’s Ichiban Kasuga’s turn to step in with Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and forge a new path. This entry is the first to present itself as a JRPG that mixes everything we loved from the series in a compelling and ambitious take on the genre, and it’s quite a long introduction to this new character. This guide covers how long it will take you to see the main story in full (without spoilers!) and how many chapters there are.
How Long is Yakuza: Like a Dragon?
Past entries in the series are known for not shying away when it comes to length, and Like a Dragon is not different. You can expect a long main story taking you through different cities, with the main one being Yokohama, as well as over 50 substories, minigames, dungeons, and all sorts of additional tasks.
You May Also Like:
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Tips Guide: 21 Things the Game Doesn’t Tell You
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Bonds Guide – Drink Links Answers, Table Talks, & Bond Levels
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Can Quest Guide – Tips for Max Echo Points & Rewards
If you stick to the main path, you can expect around 40 hours to get to the end. However, as it is the case with previous Yakuza games, you’ll be missing out on a lot of what makes this franchise so interesting by doing so, and we recommend roaming the streets as much as possible. You can expect at least 20 additional hours with this, which includes side activities like substories, minigames such as Can Quest and Seagull Cinema, and just hanging out with your friends in local bars and restaurants. If you want to reach a 100% completion rate and fulfill all orders and challenges from Part-Time Hero, this task can increase it to around 80 to 90 hours of playtime.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon Chapters List
There’s many new features and surprises in Like a Dragon, but it closely follows the tradition of its predecessors by fragmenting the main story in chapters. Some of them are shorter and more story driven than others, and as usual, you’re always given the chance to save a game whenever a new chapter starts, which we highly recommend in case you miss something or just want to revisit a certain point of the story.
Below you can find the full chapters list:
- Chapter 1: Light and Shadow
- Chapter 2: A Bloody Reunion
- Chapter 3: The Town at Rock Bottom
- Chapter 4: The Dragon of Yokohama
- Chapter 5: The Liumang Man
- Chapter 6: Ignition
- Chapter 7: The Spider’s Web
- Chapter 8: Bleached Black
- Chapter 9: House of Cards
- Chapter 10: Justice Tempted By Mercy
- Chapter 11: The Odds
- Chapter 12: The End of the Yakuza
- Chapter 13: Coin Locker Baby
- Chapter 14: Passing the Torch
- Chapter 15: To the Pinnacle
And that’s it! Best of luck on your adventures with Ichiban and his crew! Need some tips? We’ve put together 21 things you should know which the game might not tell you. This being a Yakuza game, trust us, there are plenty of things it doesn’t.