Pokemon Legends: Arceus comes with a lot of changes from other Pokemon games. Perhaps the biggest change is the absence of breeding,a mechanic that allowed you to pair certain Pokemon together and receive an Egg. This would then hatch into the basest evolution of that Pokemon — and in many cases, provide a Baby form of popular ‘mons. Without breeding, how do you find Togepi and other baby forms in Arceus? Read on to find out.
Many Baby forms have made it into Arceus, but without breeding, you’ll have to find them in the wild. The good news is that Baby Pokemon can typically be found nearby their more adult variants. Baby forms don’t have any special characteristics aside from being cute — in fact, they all have lower stats than their evolutions. There is no benefit to catching an evolution versus evolving from their Baby Form either, so you can do whichever is easiest.
Here’s a list of their locations:
- Pichu: This sparky little mouse can be found alongside Pikachu at the Obsidian Fieldlands (Nature’s Pantry) and the Crimson Mirelands (Golden Lowlands).
- Munchlax: This ever-hungry Pokemon can be found alongside Snorlax in both the Obsidian Fieldlands (Deertrack Heights) and Alabaster Icelands (Snowfall Hot Spring).
- Mime Jr.: This clown can be found alongside Mr. Mime at both the Obsidian Fieldlands (Horseshoe Plains and Sandgem Flats).
- Happiny: The happiest Pokemon ever can be found alongside Chansey at the Obsidian Fieldlands (Oreburrow Tunnel and Obsidian Falls), Cobalt Coastlands (Hideaway Bay), and the Alabaster Icelands (Avalanche Slopes).
- Budew: This quiet little bud can be found alongside Roselia in both the Crimson Mirelands (Golden Lowlands and Gapejaw Bog) and the Coronet Highlands (Fabled Spring).
- Bonsly: Don’t freeze when you spot this lil’ guy alongside Sudowoodo in the Crimson Mirelands (Cloudpool Ridge) and Coronet Highlands (Celestica Ruins).
- Togepi: Toge-toge-toge-piiiii! This cute Pokemon can be found in the Crimson Mirelands (Cottonsedge Prairie) and the Cobalt Coastlands (Bathers’ Lagoon and Tranquility Cove) alongside Togetic.
- Mantyke: This lil’ fella can be found with Mantine at the Cobalt Coastlands (Tranquility Cove).
- Magby: Don’t burn yourself out looking for this Pokemon. You can find them nearby Magmar at the Cobalt Coastlands (Firespit Island).
- Elekid: Shockingly, this Pokemon can be found near Electabuzz over by Coronet Highlands (Cloudcap Pass) and Alabaster Icelands (Icebound Falls).
- Cleffa: In the name of the moon, you’ll catch this Pokemon near Clefairy at the Coronet Highlands (Fabled Spring).
- Riolu: Everyone’s favorite, you can find this feisty Pokemon near Lucario at the Alabaster Icelands (Icebound Falls and Snowfall Hot Springs).
- Chingling: Technically a Baby Pokemon, you can find them over at the Coronet Highlands (Sacred Plaza) or Alabaster Icelands (Lake Acuity).
Sadly, other Baby ‘mons such as Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Azurill and Wynaut did not make the cut, and you won’t find them or their evolutions anywhere in Arceus. Still, with the list above, you should have no problem locking on to your favorite Pokemon to fill out that Pokedex!