Not every upcoming Genshin Impact 3.0 character is of the new Dendro element. Sumeru merchant Dori’s Electro Vision may seem a bit less interesting compared to the other newcomers, but make no mistake: her Jinni-summoning Burst will carry your team to victory.
According to rumors, Dori will join the roster in the second half of Version 3.0, which should be halfway through September. As it’s never too early to think about the best Dori builds, here’s a pre-release guide with the best weapons and Artifacts. Note that this information is based on data from HoneyHunter, and some of the details might still change.
Dori Kit & Skills
One look at Dori’s Elemental Burst will tell you that this Electro Claymore wielder makes an excellent Support character. Based on the build you choose, she can either be a specialized healing and Energy Recharge Support or an Electro DPS and Support hybrid. Her base Attack and multipliers seem all right for a 4-Star, but it’s definitely not enough to make Dori a physical damage dealer, unless she’s one of your first Genshin Impact characters.
Note that Dori’s healing ability scales with her HP (also her Ascension stat), while her Energy Recharge boost does not scale. Therefore, if you want a Dori Support build, focus on HP first and Energy second (just for her own Recharge). If you want more of a DPS build, Electro bonus damage is what you’re looking for.
Marvelous Sword-Dance (Normal Attack)
- Normal Attack: Performs up to three consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Uses stamina to perform a continuous spinning attack against all nearby opponents. Ends with an extra powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack: Deals AoE damage on impact.
Spirit-Warding Lamp: Troubleshooter Cannon (Elemental Skill)
Fires a Troubleshooter Shot at opponents. If the shot hits an enemy, two After-Sales Service Rounds will track the opponents and deal extra Electro damage.
Alcazarzaray’s Exactitude (Elemental Burst)
Summons a Support Jinni who will connect to a nearby ally. The connected ally will:
- Continuously restore HP based on Dori’s max HP.
- Continuously regenerate Energy.
- If an opponent touches the link between the Jinni and the connected character, they will take Electro damage.
- The connected character will be affected by Electro.
An Eye for Gold (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
If a character connected to the Jinni (Elemental Burst) creates a certain Elemental Reaction, Dori’s Elemental Skill cooldown is decreased by one second.
- Applies to the following Elemental Reactions: Electro-Charged, Superconduct, Overloaded, Electro Swirl, Crystallize, Quicken, Aggravate, and Hyperbloom.
- This effect can be triggered once every three seconds.
Compound Interest (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
When a Troubleshooter Shot (Elemental Skill) hits opponents, Dori restores five Elemental Energy for every 100% Energy Recharge she possesses. A maximum of 15 Energy per Elemental Skill use can be obtained this way.
Unexpected Order (Passive 3) – Unlocked
Dori has a 25% chance to recover some of the materials used when crafting character and weapon materials.
Best Dori Build
Best Weapon Options for Dori
The best weapon for Dori depends on her combat role. If you want to maximize her role as a healing Support, HP and Energy Recharge are the most important stats. As The Bell grants the largest HP boost and provides an Attack increase (plus a shield), it’s a great option.
If you need more Energy Recharge, the Katsuragikiri Nagamasa is even better, provided that you time your Elemental Skills well before the Energy bar is full. The Favonius Greatsword and Sacrificial Greatsword are also fine, but both come with a major downside: Favonius needs a high Critical Rate and a more active role for Dori, while Sacrificial may be superfluous if you trigger the Eye for Gold passive ability.
If you want to bestow a 5-Star Claymore on Dori, the only suitable option is the Skyward Pride, as it increases Energy Recharge and damage. As triggering the passive ability requires a more active combat role, it’s not the best choice for a passive Support build.
- Skyward Pride (5-Star) – Increases Energy Recharge as its secondary stat. Also increases damage by up to 16% and creates vacuum blades that deal up to 160% of Attack as damage after landing a Normal/Charged Attack or Elemental Burst. This effect lasts for 20 seconds or eight blades.
- The Bell (4-Star) – Increases HP. Taking damage generates a shield which absorbs up to 32% of max HP as damage. This shield lasts for ten seconds or until broken, and can only be triggered once every 45 seconds. The character gains up to 24% increased damage while protected by a shield.
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa (4-Star) – Increases Energy Recharge and boosts Elemental Skill Damage by up to 12%. Furthermore, hitting an opponent with an Elemental Skill results in an Energy loss of three points, but this will be regenerated by 3-5 points per two seconds for the next six seconds. The effect can occur once every ten seconds, even if the character has left the field.
- Favonius Greatsword (4-Star) – Increases Energy Recharge. Critical hits have a 60 to 100% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate six Energy for the character. Can occur once every six seconds at maximum Ascension.
- Sacrificial Greatsword (4-Star) – Increases Energy Recharge. After dealing damage with the Elemental Skill, the Skill has a maximum chance of 80% to end its own cooldown. This effect can occur once every 30 to 16 seconds.
Best Dori Artifacts
The same as with weapons, the best Artifact set for Dori depends on the combat role you’re looking to fill. For a great hybrid Support/Sub DPS build, a combination of Tenacity of the Millelith and Emblem of Severed Fate is perfect. Ocean-Hued Clam will also improve Dori’s damage output, but don’t expect to hit the same numbers as Sangonomiya Kokomi.
For a full healer build, Tenacity combined with Maiden or Ocean-Hued Clam works well, but the Maiden Beloved set is likely the best. If you go for a 4-piece Maiden set, be sure to use HP and Energy Recharge as the main Artifact stats. Although this isn’t the best Dori build, Thundering Fury (perhaps combined with Emblem) works well for the role of Electro DPS.
- Maiden Beloved – (2) +15% Healing effectiveness. (4) If you use an Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst, all teammates receive +20% healing for 10 seconds.
- Ocean-Hued Clam – (2) +15% Healing bonus. (4) When the wearer heals a party member, a Sea-Dyed Foam will appear for three seconds, accumulating the amount of HP recovered from healing. After that, the Foam will explode, dealing damage based on 90% of the accumulated health.
- Tenacity of the Millelith – (2) Increases HP by 20%.
- Emblem of Severed Fate – (2) Energy Recharge +20%.
- Thundering Fury – (2) Grants an Electro damage bonus of 15%. (4) Damage from Overloaded, Electro-Charged and Superconduct Elemental Reactions is increased by 40%. Triggering such effects also decreases the Elemental Skill cooldown by one second (no more than once every 0.8 seconds).
Best Team for Dori
This is an easy one, as Dori’s Support abilities should be a welcome addition to almost any Genshin Impact team. As Dori needs a high Energy Recharge rate, a combo with another battery like Raiden Shogun makes her especially strong. For that same reason, a Sub DPS like Fischl is a good free-to-play alternative.
If the Jinni’s healing ability isn’t strong enough to carry the team, you might want to use two hybrid Supports. Diona or Bennett are ideal candidates for that position. As for the main DPS, go with someone who can benefit from Dori’s HP and Energy boosts, like Xiao or Eula. Any remaining slots can go to a Sub DPS with a strong Elemental Burst, such as Aloy.
Top Tier Team
- Main DPS/Sub DPS: Eula, Xiao
- Sub DPS: Aloy, Fischl
- Sub DPS/Support: Dori, Bennett, Raiden Shogun
- Support: Diona, Kokomi
- Main DPS: Kaeya
- Sub DPS: Fischl, Xiangling
- Sub DPS/Support: Dori, Bennett
- Support: Barbara, Noelle
Dori Talent Materials
- Talent Level-Up Material: Not yet known
- Common Ascension Material: Faded Red Satin/Trimmed Red Silk/Rich Red Brocade
- Weekly Material: Bloodjade Branch (Dragon-Queller Trounce Domain, Liyue)
None of Dori’s Constellations is essential, but Constellation Level 4 is great for Support builds. If you’re set on strengthening Dori’s DPS role, it’s worth maxing out her full Constellation. Here’s an overview:
- Level 1 – Additional Investment: The number of After-Sales Service Rounds created by Troubleshooter Shots (Elemental Skill) is increased by one.
- Level 2 – Special Franchise: When the Jinni heals a connected character during combat, it will fire a Jinni Toop from that character’s position, dealing 50% of the Troubleshooter Shot damage.
- Level 3 – Wonders Never Cease: Increases the Elemental Burst level by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Level 4 – Discretionary Supplement: The character connected to Jinni will obtain the following buffs based on their current HP and Energy: when their HP is lower than 50%, they gain a 50% incoming healing bonus. And when their Energy is lower than 50%, they gain an 30% Energy Recharge bonus.
- Level 5 – Value for Mora: Increases Elemental Skill level by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Level 6 – Sprinkling Weight: After using her Elemental Skill, Dori gains Electro Infusion for a duration of three seconds. On top of that, when her Normal Attacks hit opponents, all nearby party members will heal for 4% of Dori’s max HP. This effect also lasts for three seconds.
Dori Ascension Information
Here’s an overview of the materials needed to Ascend Dori. Most of these are found in the new Sumeru region.
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20) – 1 Vajrada Amethyst Sliver, 3 Kalpalata Lotus, 3 Faded Red Satin
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40) – 3 Vajrada Amethyst Fragments, 2 Thunderclap Fruitcore, 10 Kalpalata Lotus, 15 Faded Red Satin
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50) – 6 Vajrada Amethyst Fragments, 4 Thunderclap Fruitcore, 20 Kalpalata Lotus, 12 Trimmed Red Silk
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60) – 3 Vajrada Amethyst Chunks, 8 Thunderclap Fruitcore, 30 Kalpalata Lotus, 18 Trimmed Red Silk
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70) – 6 Vajrada Amethyst Chunks, 12 Thunderclap Fruitcore, 45 Kalpalata Lotus, 12 Rich Red Brocade
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80) – 6 Vajrada Amethyst Gemstones, 20 Thunderclap Fruitcore, 60 Kalpalata Lotus, 24 Rich Red Brocade
Do you plan on using your Wishes for this upcoming Sumeru character? Share your thoughts on Jinni-summoner Dori in the comments!