The Fortnite Refer a Friend program is finally back during 2022, relaunching on Tuesday, July 19 for all players. If you’ve been waiting to tell a friend or foe to join you in your ventures in hopes to see the program going live again, well, this is your moment. The new season presents massive changes on the battle royale map, returning mechanics, and some interesting additions, from weapons to quests to follow on a weekly basis. This guide explains how to refer a friend and the rewards that both parties involved can get for doing so.
If you’re looking for more help, we have a dedicated hub that includes coverage around Indiana Jones quests, how to plant Reality Saplings, weekly quests, character locations, all current bugs and known issues, how to cure Storm Sickness, all Tover Tokens to complete Snap Quests, and the best weapons ranked in a tier list.
How to Refer a Friend in Fortnite and When it Ends
To take part in the Refer a Friend program, here’s a handy link, but you can also scan the QR code down below.
In essence, here are the basic steps of how the program works:
- Sign up on the Refer a Friend website with your Epic account
- Invite up to five friends (with a few conditions) via the website to play Fortnite
- Complete in-game tasks together
- You will both earn rewards including the new Xander Outfit
That’s the gist — keep in mind that the Refer a Friend program in Fortnite is available from July 19, 2022 at 2 a.m. PT/5 a.m. ET to January 10, 2023 at 6:59 p.m./11:59 ET. In addition, the rewards that can be earned by completing tasks together run until February 19, 2023 at 6:59 p.m./11:59 ET.
How to Earn Points With the Refer a Friend Program
Let’s get into the specifics of the program. Once you’re logged in on the website, you can invite up to five people who meet the following requirement:
- They must have played less than two hours of a Fortnite Battle Royale or Zero Build Playlist within the past 30 days before the invite — this includes Solos, Duos, Trios, or Squads
That’s pretty much it! If your friend meets the requirement, just go ahead and invite them over from the website (you both should be in-game friends in order for the program to be active, of course). Now, there are five tasks to complete with each one of the friends that you add, which you can find below:
- Task 1: Create a connection by adding a Fortnite friend — rewards a spray
- Task 2: Play 1 game in Fortnite with a referee — rewards a wrap
- Task 3: Place top 10 six times with your referee — rewards a back bling
- Task 4: Eliminate 45 opponents with your referee — rewards a pickaxe
- Task 5: Gain plus 60 levels on your own and wait for your referee to gain plus 60 levels too — rewards the Xander outfit
Note that only the person who invites friends over to the program needs to register on the site, but referees can do so as well if they want to check their progress. It goes without saying that a referrer cannot be a referee in the future and vice versa.
You May Also Like:
- Fortnite Weapons Tier List – Best Fortnite Weapons (July 2022)
- I’m Glad Fortnite is So Chill in 2022
- Returning to Fortnite on Switch Can Indeed Be a Vibe
That’s all you need to know to take part in the program!