Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 weapons are a mix between old and new. If you’ve fallen in love with some of the weapons featured in the previous season, a ton of them are returning. The new season introduces massive changes on the battle royale map, returning mechanics, and some interesting additions, from weapons to quests to follow on a weekly basis. This guide showcases all new and returning weapons in Chapter 3 Season 3 of Fortnite, including the DMR, Two-Shot Shotgun, and Hammer Assault Rifle.
If you’re looking for more help, we have guides covering new and returning weapons, how to plant Reality Saplings, all Battle Pass skins including Darth Vader, weekly quests, how to ride animals, all current bugs and known issues, how to cure Storm Sickness, and all Tover Tokens to complete Snap Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 Weapon Balance Changes Patch
Last updated on Tuesday, July 11
Here are all balance changes done to weapons in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3:
July 11 update
- Striker Pump Shotgun: Body damage slightly reduced
- Striker Burst AR: Deals less damage at maximum range
- Port-A-Forts: Stack size reduced from 5 to 2
- Two-Shot Shotgun: Fires its second shot faster
July 7 update
- Two-Shot Shotgun: Increased the pellet damage, minimum pellet count, accuracy, and max damage cap
- Hammer Assault Rifle: Reduced the recoil
- Combat SMG: Reduced the damage
- Striker Burst Rifle: Increased the first-bullet recoil, reduced the damage to the weapon
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 Weapons Including the DMR, Two-Shot Shotgun, and Hammer Assault Rifle
Right off the bat, the new Fortnite season introduces three new weapons. If you thought that there were enough assault rifles out there already, well, I have some sour news for you. Two of the new weapons fall in the AR category, while there is another shotgun that is quite different from the ones we’ve seen so far.
Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR)
This is a scoped assault rifle that feels like the perfect in-between of an assault rifle and a sniper. It may not be as fast-paced as you’re used to, but if you have the required precision, it can be deadly.
Hammer Assault Rifle
The second assault rifle (at least for the time being). The Hammer Assault Rifle promises to be a solid option for different range distances, but it has quite the kick, so be wary of its recoil.
Yes, another shotgun! This is a burst pump shotgun that, as its name implies, has two shots each time and can deal quite the punch within the right range.
You May Also Like:
- With Fortnite’s New Traversal Options, I’m Saying Goodbye to Building
- Fortnite Shared Wallet Guide – How to Share V-Bucks Across Platforms
- From Buzz Lightyear To Sonic, Here Are Crossovers We’d Love To See in Fortnite
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 Returning Weapons
In case you’re curious, here are all the weapons from the previous season available in Chapter 3 Season 3 of Fortnite:
- Ripsaw Launcher (returned as of June 28)
- Firework Flare Gun (returned as of June 28, but it carries fireworks now)
- Sidearm Pistol
- Auto Shotgun
- Striker Pump Shotgun
- Stinger SMG
- Combat SMG (vaulted)
- Charged SMG (added in July 6)
- Combat Assault Rifle (returned as of July 12)
- Ranger Assault Rifle
- Striker Burst Rifle
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Firefly Jar
- Harpoon Gun
- Shadow Tracker (Exotic weapon)
- Marksman Six Shooter (Exotic weapon)
- The Dub (Exotic weapon)
- Boom Sniper Rifle (Exotic weapon)
- Shockwave Grenades
In addition, the Repair Tool and Cow Catcher are still going to be around, and most likely play a part in many of the weekly challenges to come.
That is all you need to know about the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 weapons! I’m glad that some of the ones I’ve gotten used to will still be available, even though some of them like the Auto Shotgun don’t quite feel the same. I’m more worried about the Boom Sniper Rifle, however, as that gun can be deadly. As for the latest additions, I’m excited to see how they mix with the current roster, and whether or not they’re going to become my go-to from now on. Considering everything new this season, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to try them out in different situations.