Offering CM Punk a Drink
CM Punk went into the crowd before taking up headphones at AEW Rampage last night. While in the front row, a dude offered him a sip of his rum and Coke or Jack and Coke, whatever kinda watered-down, overpriced mixed beverage one can drink at an arena.
- Nobody has claimed that it looks like a Renaissance painting yet, which is good because that's what usually happens when there's a lot of people standing around making faces.
- Everyone's faces are really good.
- Maybe the guy mistook CM Punk for noted crowd wandering beer drinker The Sandman.
- Maybe the guy assumed that Punk's public life, much of which involved espousing his straight edge lifestyle, was in fact kayfabe, and he was just testing them.
- Everyone played it off like it was really fun! Which it kinda was!
- No masks. None. None dangling from ears, hanging under chins, clutched in hands, at least in the general vicinity of Punk. I've given up on the subject, but every time I see an AEW crowd I'm like, uhh, I'm going to have to quarantine. I was already going to, but I *have* to, you know?
- Guy probably went home that night and remembered that Punk's catchphrase used to be "I'm straight edge and I'm better than you" and felt a slight tinge of "aww, fuck, I really boned that one." I know the feeling.