The Vampire Survivors Ars Gouda is one of the new items introduced in the latest update. The reverse bullet hell, which continues to morph and evolve during Early Access, has just received its latest update that introduced a couple new features. In addition, you can finally battle the final boss, but there are still ways to go until the game hits 1.0 and we get to see the final version of it. This guide explains where to find the Ars Gouda in Vampire Survivors in order to unlock access to the Bestiary.
Where to Find the Ars Gouda Location in Vampire Survivors to Unlock the Bestiary
Introduced in patch 0.8.0 (also called The Winged One) the game presents a new relic to find, which unlocks the Bestiary. In there, you can get access to details from enemies you’ve encountered, such as resistances and other general information.
In order to unlock the Bestiary in Vampire Survivors, you first need to find the Ars Gouda relic by following these steps:
- Pick any character and select the Dairy Plant stage (if you haven’t unlocked it yet, you just need to reach level 40 during any run regardless of stage)
- Now, the goal is to head south and slightly towards the right for a few minutes following the green arrow
- Eventually (it took me around three minutes on my run) you’ll stumble upon the Ars Gouda item towards a path slightly to the right
- If you have previously grabbed the Milky Way Map, it’s in that same spot (but if you haven’t, you can grab the Milky Way Map, finish/lose the run, and then repeat the process to find the new relic in the same place)
That is pretty much it! From here, you’re free to continue with the run or just leave to the main menu. The relic is unlocked automatically after you grab it, so you shouldn’t have to worry about losing it. Keep in mind that the surrounding area is going to fill up with Knights that have tons of HP, especially if you just rushed to the location without bothering to leveling up much (which was my case as well), so the run may end sooner than later as a result.
You May Also Like:
- Vampire Survivors Dev Talks Scrapped Story Mode And NFT Jokes
- Why Are Vampires Having Such a Moment in Games Right Now?
- Nuts & Bolts: How ‘Hunger’ Drives Vampire: the Masquerade
The Bestiary can be found in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen, and it’s likely that you won’t see every single enemy you’ve met in there at first, or all the details about them. As you continue to play through the game the Bestiary will start to fill up the blanks. As of now there isn’t any particular use to it, but it’s cool to have a closer look to the enemies we often kill from afar and without much consideration.