The end of Teamfight Tactics Set 1 is near! With TFT Patch 9.22, Riot will officially launch Set 2: Rise of the Elements. There are a ton of changes in store including an entirely new batch of champions, classes, and origins. Alongside that we’ve also got some important item and recipe changes. Below we’ve summarized them all including the official patch notes from Riot at the bottom of this post!
You May Also Like
- Teamfight Tactics TFT Set 2 Announcement – Rise of the Elements Set Champions, Classes
- Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.21 TFT Patch Notes – Class Adjustments
- TFT Mobile Guide – How to Play Teamfight Tactics on iOS & Android
TFT 9.22 Patch Summary
- Classes: Crystal, Steel, Woodland, Alchemist, Druid, Desert, Mountain, Mystic, Predator, Electric, Ocean, Berserker, Inferno, Poison, Warden, Avatar, Shadow, Summoner, Light, Cloud
- Items: Inferno Cinder, Talisman of Light, Berserker Axe, Mage’s Cap, Warden’s Mail
- Features: Elemental Hexes
- Champions: Too Many! Check out the graphic below!
TFT Set 2 New Features
Element of the Game
Each game now has a random Element of the Game: Ocean, Inferno, Wind, or Mountain. This determines Qiyana’s element. The Dragon is now of the same element as well.
Elemental Hexes: Every game there will be two elemental hexes randomly on the board. Putting units on them provides them with a buff. They take up an item slot and provide:
- Ocean: +30 starting mana.
- Inferno: +30% attack speed.
- Wind: +30% dodge.
- Mountain: +30 permanent HP per round for the rest of the game.
TFT Set 2 Origins
- Desert (Renekton, Sivir, Azir, Kha’Zix): Reduces each enemy’s armor by 50/90% (2/4).
- Inferno (Zyra, Diana, Varus, Qiyana, Kindred, Annie, Brand):Inferno spell damage burns the ground beneath the target, dealing 80/175/275% (3/6/9) of that spell’s pre-mitigation damage as magic damage over 5 seconds.
- Poison (Kog’Maw, Dr. Mundo, Twitch, Singed):Poison champions apply Neurotoxin when they deal damage, increasing the target’s mana cost by 50%.
- Steel (Rek’Sai, Nocturne): Steel champions gain 2/3/4 (2/3/4) seconds of damage immunity when they are reduced below 50% health.
- Ocean (Vladimir, Thresh, Syndra, Qiyana, Nautilus, Nami): All allies restore +10/20/40 (2/4/6) mana every 4 seconds.
- Shadow (Malzahar, Kindred, Veigar, Sion, Master Yi): Shadow units deal 50/100% (2/4) increased damage for 5 seconds at the combat start, refreshed on self takedown/any takedown.
- Light (Nasus, Vayne, Jax, Aatrox, Soraka, Yorick): When a Light champion dies, all other Light champions gain +10/25/50% attack speed and are healed for 25% of their maximum health.
- Woodlands (Maokai, Ivern, Neeko, LeBlanc): At the beginning of combat, a random Woodland champion makes a copy of themselves. (3)
- Electric (Ornn, Volibear, Zed): Electric champions shock nearby enemies whenever they deal or receive a critical strike for 60/200/500 (2/3/4) damage.
- Mountain (Taliyah, Qiyana, Malphite): At the start of combat, a random ally gains a 1500 health Stoneshield. (2)
- Wind (Yasuo, Qiyana, Janna): All allies gain 25/40/60% (2/3/4) dodge chance.
- Glacial (Warwick, Volibear, Braum, Ezreal, Olaf): Basic attacks from Glacials have a 20/40/60% (2/4/6) chance to stun their target for 1.5 seconds.
- Crystal (Skarner, Taric, Ashe): Crystal champions can only take 100/60 (2/4) maximum damage from a single hit.
TFT Set 2 Classes
- Summoner (Zyra, Malzahar, Azir, Annie, Yorick, Zed): Summoned units have 40/100% (3/6) increased health and duration.
- Mystic (Soraka, Janna, Master Yi, Nami): All units gain 70/150 (2/4) magic resistance.
- Mage (Vladimir, Taliyah, Syndra, LeBlanc, Veigar, Brand): After casting a spell, Mages have a 50/100% (3/6) chance to double cast.
- Alchemist (Singed): Alchemists ignore collision and never stop moving.
- Warden (Ornn, Nasus, Thresh, Braum, Nautilus, Malphite, Taric): Wardens gain 100/250/400 (2/4/6) armor.
- Assassin: At the start of combat, Assassins leap to the farthest enemy. Increase crit strike chance by 75/150% and crit damage by 10/20% (3/6).
- Druid (Ivern, Maokai, Neeko): Druids heal 40 HP per second. (2)
- Blademaster (Yasuo, Sivir, Aatrox, Master Yi): Blademasters have a 40% chance for 1/2/3 (2/4/6) additional attacks.
- Ranger (Vayne, Varus, Ezreal, Kindred, Ashe, Twitch): Every 3 seconds, Rangers have a 30/65/100 (2/4/6) chance to double attack speed for the next 3 seconds.
- Berserker (Renekton, Jax, Volibear, Dr. Mundo, Sion, Olaf): Berserkers jump to the nearest enemy. They have a 40/80% (3/6) chance to hit all units in a cone in front of them with their attacks.
- Predator (Warwick, Kog’Maw, Skarner, Rek’Sai): Any damage a Predator deals to an enemy below 20% HP will execute them for an instant kill.
- Avatar (Lux): An Avatar’s Origin Element is counted twice for trait bonuses.
TFT Set 2 Champions
1 Cost Champions
- Vladimir (Ocean, Mage): Vladimir damages a target enemy, healing himself for the damage health.
- Zyra (Inferno, Summoner): Summon two untargetable Flame Spitters on the corners of the arena. Attacks closest enemies.
- Nasus (Light, Warden): Nasus temporarily enrages, gaining bonus health and damaging adjacent enemies for each second of the duration.
- Ivern (Woodlands, Druid): Gives the lowest health champion a 200/400/600 shield that lasts for 5 seconds.
- Renekton (Desert, Berserker): Renekton swings his blade, dealing 150/275/400 physical damage to nearby enemies and restores 150/250/350 health on hit.
- Maokai (Woodlands, Druid): Gives the lowest health champion a 200/400/600 HP shield that lasts for 5 seconds.
- Ornn (Lightning, Warden): Ornn unleashes lightning bolts in a cone in front of him, dealing 100/200/300 magic damage to all enemies hit and increasing critical strike chance against them by 20% for 4 seconds.
- Taliyah (Mountain, Mage): Taliyah causes the ground to rise under the enemy with the most Mana, inflicting 150/325/500 magic damage and throwing it toward her (if ranged) or away from her (if melee).
- Vayne (Light, Ranger): When Vayne hits the same target three times with basic attacks, it deals true damage equal to 8/12/16% of the target’s maximum health.
- Warwick (Glacial, Predator): Warwick pounces onto the lowest health enemy, stunning and damaging them while healing himself.
- Kog’Maw (Poison, Predator): Kog’Maw shoot a projectile. After a short delay, it lands on a random enemy dealing 125/275/425 damage.
2 Cost Champions
- Syndra (Ocean, Mage): Syndra conjures a Hydro Sphere at a target location that damages enemies.
- Diana (Inferno, Assassin): Diana creates three orbs that rotate around her and explode when she hits an enemy, dealing 60/100/140 magic damage. In addition, Diana generates a shield that lasts 3 seconds and absorbs the next 150/250/350 of damage she receives.
- LeBlanc (Woodlands, Mage, Assassin): LeBlanc launches an ethereal current towards a random enemy, inflicting 200/450/700 damage and stunning them for 1.5s after a brief interval.
- Braum (Glacial, Warden): Braum raises his shield toward the furthest enemy, reducing incoming damage from that direction and blocking projectiles.
- Jax (Light, Berserker): Jax dodges for 2 seconds then strikes nearby enemies for 150/250/350 damage and stuns them for 1.5 seconds.
- Thresh (Ocean, Warden): Thresh throws his lantern to the lowest-health ally, shielding them and nearby allies for a few seconds.
- Yasuo (Wind, Blademaster): Yasuo blinks to and knocks up the enemy with the most items for 1 second, attacking the target 3/5/7 times.
- Varus (Inferno, Ranger): Varus channels his spell for 1.5 seconds, then fires a piercing arrow that deals 225/450/675 magic damage to all enemies on the way.
- Rek’Sai (Steel, Predator): Rek’Sai deals 200/550/900 damage to an enemy.
- Malzahar (Shadow, Summoner): Malzahar opens a dark gate, summoning 2/3/4 dark spirits to fight alongside him. They deal 60/100/140 spirit damage.
- Skarner (Crystal, Predator): Gains 150/450/750 HP shield that lasts for 8 seconds. Skarner has +30/65/100% attack speed while the shield is active.
- Neeko (Woodlands, Druid): Neeko propels a seed at a random target. The seed will blossom 3 times, each time with a larger radius, dealing 100/200/300 damage to enemies within.
- Volibear (Electric, Glacial, Berserker): Volibear bites the target, dealing 200/450/700 damage. If the target has less than 35% HP, it’s killed instantly and Volibear fully restores his mana.
3 Cost Champions
- Veigar (Shadow, Mage): Veigar blasts an enemy with magical energy, dealing damage. Instantly kills enemies at lower star levels than Veigar.
- Kindred (Shadow, Inferno, Ranger): Wolf rushes at the target of Kindred inflicting 150/325/500 magic damage, while Lamb jumps away from the target.
- Azir (Desert, Summoner): Azir summons a Sand Soldier for 6 seconds. Whenever Azir attacks, Sand Soldiers attqack too. They damage enemies in a line.
- Aatrox (Light, Blademaster): Aatrox cleaves the area in front of him, dealing damage to enemies inside it.
- Dr. Mundo (Poison, Berserker): Dr. Mundo creates a toxic cloud around him for 8 seconds. It deals 40/110/160 + 1.25% of his maximum health to all nearby enemies every second and heals him by 100/150/200% of this value.
- Nocturne (Machine, Assassin): Every third hit, Nocturne is strengthened and inflicts damage on all nearby enemies. Restores 75/100/125% of the inflicted damage as health.
- Ezreal (Glacial, Ranger): Fires a frozen shot at the lowest HP enemy, applying on-hit effects.
- Nautilus (Ocean, Warden): Nautilus sends out a depth charge that seeks out the furthest enemy champion, knocking them up and stunning them for a really long time.
- Sivir (Desert, Blademaster): For 5 seconds, each of Sivir’s auto attacks bounces up to 10 times. Each bounce deals 100/125/150% damage and applies on-hits.
- Qiyana (Variable, Assassin): Qiyana dashes to the side of her target and throws a blast of wind through them, damaging and stunning enemies it passes through.
- Variable: Changes every game. Randomly Wind, Inferno, Oceans, or Woodlands.
- Soraka (Light, Mystic): Soraka creates a zone at a random enemy’s location, dealing 150/300/450 magic damage and preventing mana from being restored to enemies inside for 3/5/7 seconds.
- Sion (Shadow, Berserker): Sion smashes an area in front of him after a delay, knocking up and damaging enemies.
4 Cost Champions
- Annie (Inferno, Summoner): Summon Tibbers to deal area damage, Tibbers deals a lot of magic damage with his auto attacks.
- Twitch (Poison, Ranger): For 8 seconds, Twitch gets unlimited range and 100/125/150% AD. All of his attacks will pierce targets and apply on-hit effects to each target.
- Kha’Zix (Desert, Assassin): Kha’Zix takes stealth and attacks the enemy with the lowest health after 2/1.5/1 seconds, causing critical strike damage automatically and restoring 5/10/15 mana.
- Janna (Wind, Mystic): Janna casts a wind blast that last 3 seconds. It heals allies for 30/40/80% of their max HP and stuns nearby enemies for 1 second.
- Malphite (Mountain, Warden): Malphite advances toward a random enemy, dealing 125/200/275 damage and knocking all nearby enemies into the air, stunning them for 2/2.5/3 seconds.
- Ashe (Crystal, Ranger): For 5 seconds, Ashe gains 50/75/100% attack speed. While active, her basic attacks fire a 5-arrow burst that deals 50/85/120 physical damage.
- Yorick (Light, Summoner): Yorick blesses up to 3/5/10 with the lowest health, not including Light Walkers. When they die, they resurrect as Light Walkers and benefit from the effects of the Light origin. They Walkers have 500/900/2000 health and deal 75/150/225 damage.
- Olaf (Glacial, Berserker): Increases attack speed by 75/100/125% and gains lifesteal for 20/40/60%.
- Brand (Inferno, Mage): Brand launches a bouncing fireball, damaging enemies hit.
5 Cost Champions
- Singed (Poison, Alchemist): Singed leaves a poison trail wherever he walks, dealing 400/800/1200 damage over 4 seconds.
- Zed (Electric, Assassin, Summoner): Zed creates a clone identical to him behind his current target. This clone can also conjure up flash, and inherit the items, attributes, and current HP of Zed.
- Taric (Crystal, Warden): After a delay, Taric and all nearby allies become invulnerable for a few seconds.
- Nami (Ocean, Mystic): Nami sends a massive wave towards a random enemy, damaging and knocking up enemies it passes through. Grants allies it passes through bonus magic damage on hit.
- Master Yi (Shadow, Mystic, Blademaster): Master Yi recovers 25/50/75% health and becomes untargetable for 1.5 seconds. After that, he gains 100/150/200 magic damage on-hit for 6 seconds.
7 Cost Champions
- Lux (Variable, Avatar): Lux fires a dazzling beam that deals 600/900/1200 magic damage to all enemies in a line. Killing a target with Final Spark grants her 50 mana.
- Elemental Origins: Crystal, Electric, Light, Wind, Inferno, Steel, Ocean, Glacial, Forest, Shadow
TFT 9.22 Patch Notes
The Elements are here, and they are rising. The All-new Elemetal Hex system, new champions, Origins, Classes, and Abilities are shaking up the Convergence. The new set also brings a new ranked season to Teamfight Tactics, study up and get ready to climb on patch 9.23. Last, but certainly not least, we’ve decreased the number of each champion in the pool making forced team compositions more difficult and opening more paths to victory.
Take this portal if you’re looking for League’s patch notes!
Let’s get into it!Blake “Riot Beernana” EdwardsWe made a few systemic changes in preparation for Rise of the Elements. The board size change will allow for additional options and decisions to make the optimal formation for any given situation. Many of the other changes account for the champions and synergies in the new set.
- Board size: 3 rows of 7 hexes ⇒ 4 rows of 7 hexes.
- Player Damage: 3/3/3/4/5/6 ⇒ 2/3/4/5/6/7
- Summoned units don’t deal player damage by themselves, but they count as as if their Summoner was alive if at least 1 of them survives the round.
- Level 8 Champion drop chances per Tier level: 15/20/35/22/8 ⇒ 15/20/35/24/6
- Once you pick up a champion from the carousel, your Little Legend will no longer collide with your opponents.New season, new rules.
- Ranked is off during patch 9.22, it will return with patch 9.23.
- Placing 4th or better will never deduct LP. Placing 5th or lower will never reward LP.
- We’re slightly decreasing the number of challenger and grandmaster slots in many regions in order to make sure that the master to challenger ranks have the appropriate distribution of players.
- Korea, Vietnam, China: 300 Challengers, 700 Grand Masters.
- EU West and North America: 200 Challengers, 500 Grand Masters.
- All other regions: 50 Challengers, 100 Grand Masters.We’re decreasing the number of each champion in the pool. It will be much more difficult for multiple players to build similar teams. Keep an eye on what your opponents are building and find the open synergies for maximum success.
- Tier 1: 39 ⇒ 29
- Tier 2: 26 ⇒ 22
- Tier 3: 18 ⇒ 16
- Tier 4: 13 ⇒ 12
- Tier 5: 10
- 1 Star Champions: 6-10 Mana per attack ⇒ 8 Mana per attack
- 2 star champions: 10 Mana per attack
- 3 star champions: 10 Mana per attack ⇒ 12 Mana per attack
- Mana generated from taking damage reduced by 15%.
- Cursed Blade has been removed
- Negatron Cloak + Recurve Bow = Ruunan’s Hurricane
- Spatula + Needlessly Large Rod = Inferno’s Cinder
- Spatula + Tear of the Goddess = Mage’s Cap
- Spatula + Chain Vest = Warden’s Mail
- Spatula + Negatron Cloak = Talisman of Light
- Spatula + Sparring Gloves = Berserker’s Axe
- All Spatula Items: No longer give double stats
- Chain Vest Armor: 20 ⇒ 25
- Deathcap Ability Power: +50% ⇒ +75%
- Dragon’s Claw Magic Reduction: 75% ⇒ 50%
- Giant’s Slayer: 5% Max Health True Damage ⇒ 8% Current Health Physical Damage
- Guardian’s Angel: 500 Health on revive ⇒ 400 Health on revive
- Hand of Justice Damage and life on hit: 40% or 40 ⇒ 50% or 50
- Ionic Spark True Damage: 125 ⇒ 100
- Luden’s Echo Damage: 180 ⇒ 150
- Luden’s Echo now always goes off once per spell cast
- Negatron Cloak Magic Resist: 20 ⇒ 25
- Recurve Bow Attack Speed: 20% ⇒ 15%
- Runaan’s Hurricane Bonus Damage: 75% ⇒ 60%
- Runaan’s Hurricane now grants one extra bolt per copy on a Champion.
- Thieves Gloves: Increased Average value of items at Level 8 & 9.
- Uncommon orbs average gold value reduced very slightly.
- Gold orbs average gold value reduced very slightly.
- Spatula drop rates reduced.
- Reduced the chances of getting combined items slightly.
- Dragons now drop two common orbs in addition to their carried item.
- Elder Dragon and Rift Herald drop a common and an uncommon orb in addition to their carried item.
- Champions that contribute to a Trait will have their portraits and tier information displayed inside the tooltip.
- Champions that are active on the battlefield will have their portraits highlightedBring your armies to the frozen lands of the Freljord with three all-new arena skins.
- Find out more about the three new boards and potential future boards here!.
- Red Buff & Morellonomicon tooltips are now correct.
- Fixed a bug where 3-Star Tier 3 units were doing 1 more player damage than intended.