Today marks the first ever off-week patch for Teamfight Tactics which Riot is calling TFT Patch 9.14b. Unlike the full-fledged patches which come longside updates for League of Legends, these are full of smaller changes like bugfixes and balance changes. TFT Patch 9.14b is now out and it addresses some overpowered compositions like Assassins, Volibear, and Cursed Blade. The full notes can be found below.
You May Also Like
- Teamfight Tactics Comps Guide – 5 of the Best TFT Team Builds
- Teamfight Tactics Strategy Tips: 13 Things TFT Doesn’t Tell You
- Teamfight Tactics Classes Cheat Sheet – All TFT Class Buffs
Hey Tacticians, welcome to the Teamfight Tactics patch 9.14B notes.
In these B-side patches we’ll be making changes focused on balance and bugfixes. This week, the biggest change is to critical strike modifiers with the aim of toning down the damage Assassins bring to the table. Additional highlights include: Volibear and Cursed Blade getting nerfs, while Sorcerer and Wild get buffs.
Let’s get into it.
TFT Patch 9.14b Patch Changes
Looking for a quick rundown? Here’s what’s been buffed and nerfed:
- Sorcerer Class
- Wild Class
- Infinity Edge
- Guardian Angel (via bugfix)
- Guardian Class (via bugfix)
- Raptors (via bugfix)
- Assassin Class
- Elementalist Class
- Cursed Blade
- Locket of the Iron Solari
- Redemption (via bugfix)
Now here are the detailed patch changes from Riot including information on the critical damage changes. In general, this is a pretty conservative patch. Riot certainly adjusted the biggest offenders more so than anything that needs more power. With champions like Mordekaiser, for example, the developers were pretty restrained in their buffs compared to what we saw on the public beta environment. Poppy, on the other hand, continues to get buff after buff as Riot hopes to make her relevant.
Critical Damage Changes
According to Riot, this change in combination with adjustments to the Assassins class and Infinity Edge, will cause Assassins as a whole to deal about 25% less damage. Infinity Edge will apparently end up neutral.
- Critical damage is now additive rather than multiplicative.
TFT Classes / Origins Changes
- Assassins Buff – Critical Strike Damage: 150/350% ⇒ 125/350%
- Sorcerers Buff – Bonus Ability Power: 35/100 ⇒ 45/100
- Wild Buff – Attack Speed per Stack: 8% ⇒ 10%
- Elementalist Buff – Golem HP: 2500 ⇒ 2200
TFT Champion Changes
- Ability Damage: 100/175/250 ⇒ 100/200/300
- Health: 700 ⇒ 650
- Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- 1 Star Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 60
- Health: 600 ⇒ 550
- 1 Star Health: 500 ⇒ 550
- Ability Damage: 300/400/500 ⇒ 300/500/700
- Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 65
- Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.65
- Armor: 35 ⇒ 30
- Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.55
TFT Item Changes
- Trigger Chance: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Side Note: Swordbreaker has a 25% chance, Hush has a 50% chance.
- Critical Strike Damage: 100% ⇒ 150%
Locket of the Iron Solari
- Shield Amount: 300 ⇒ 200 (This was micropatched last week)
- Percent Max Health Damage: 3% ⇒ 5%
- Raptors will now always properly drop a loot box.
- The Guardian trait no longer fades when a guardian dies.
- Redemption will now properly heal 1000HP.
- Guardian Angel will now trigger in all cases.
And that’s it! We’ll be updating all of our Teamfight Tactics guides today to reflect this new information. We’ll also be bringing you more important coverage throughout this entire patch! The meta will surely be shaken up and we wouldn’t want you not knowing what’s changed.