If you play Destiny 2, or even just the first game, you probably know Xur. The “snake-faced bastard” is a special vendor that only appears on weekends. But when he does, he sells Destiny 2 Exotic weapons and armor for an awfully reasonable price. It’s a great way to fill out your collection of the best gear in the game.
Except, starting with the Destiny 2: Forsaken expansion, Xur stopped keeping his stock up to date. Which is to say the mysterious merchant only sold items from the first, pre-expansion year of Destiny 2. This… was what you might call a huge bummer. It meant that the most exciting stuff in the game was entirely locked behind random drops, with no eventual guaranteed method of acquisition.
- How to Get Season of the Drifter Pinnacle Weapons in Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 Thorn Quest Guide: Independent Study Quest
- Destiny 2 Exotics: Titan, Hunter, & Warlock Armor
That just changed with Destiny 2: Season of the Drifter, however! Xur is back again this weekend (as well all expected). But developer Bungie has blown the locks off his stock. From now on, you can finally buy Year Two Exotics from Xur in Destiny 2. And he’s kicking off the first week with some genuine doozies (as long as you’re not playing a Warlock).
This weekend, you can buy the following items from Xur in Destiny 2.
- Trinity Ghoul – An Exotic bow that fires multiple arrows in a spread. It triggers chain lightning on any shot after you land a precision kill.
- Ursa Furiosa – Exotic Titan gauntlets. They let you move faster while Sentinel Shield is active. They also convert damage blocked by Sentinel Shield into more Super energy after the original Super ends.
- Oathkeeper – More gauntlets, but for the Hunter class this time. They allow you to draw arrows on any bow indefinitely. That should make it a great fit for the Trinity Ghoul!
- Ophidian Aspect – Even more Exotic gauntlets, but for the Warlock. Sadly, this is the only Exotic item this week that isn’t from Year Two. They do extend your melee range, as well as improve weapon ready and reload speeds, however.
- Fated Engram – For the relatively low price of 97 Legendary Shards, you can buy this once-per-week Engram. It’s guaranteed to drop some kind of Destiny 2 Exotic that you don’t already have. Other than that, though, it’s totally random!
All in all, this sums up to a pretty impressive week for Xur Exotics. The Ursa Furiosa is a particularly fun Exotic, in my opinion. Although I might be biased. I do love to play the Titan and prefer the Sentinel sub-class whenever possible. Anything that gives you faster Super recharges is A-okay in my book as well. Although it’s a real shame that Warlock players will have to wait another week — bare minimum —for a guaranteed Year Two Exotic.
Obviously, we don’t know what will be in Xur’s random bag of Destiny 2 goodies next week. But we can only hope it’s as impressive as this first batch. Season of the Drifter seems like it’s off to a great start, anyway, so it’s exciting to see what the second week of the season’s new content will bring. And we’ll be sure to update you of any major changes like this one as they develop!