Full disclosure: I’ve not played Borderlands 3. In fact, my most vivid memories of the Borderlands franchise are from Telltale’s Tales from the Borderlands (secretly the studio’s best game). But based on what I know, a wedding being punctuated by a lot of looting and shooting sounds about right for Borderlands 3’s next DLC titled “Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock.”
Gearbox and 2K announced the add-on at PAX East this weekend, and it’s bringing new locations, weapons, and stories with it. The main plot of Guns, Love, and Tentacles will surround the wedding of Sir Alistair Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs, who were originally just boyfriends in the main game, but will be tying the knot in the DLC. As delightful as the prospect of attending a gay wedding sounds, it wouldn’t be Borderlands if there weren’t things to shoot and things to shoot them with, so there’s also a group of occultists to deal with. Here’s the full rundown from Gearbox:
- Reunite with old friends and team up with some eerie new characters to help true love triumph over eldritch horror;
- Confront bloodthirsty enemies and formidable bosses, including alien beasts, hideously mutated occultists, and a clan of cold-blooded bandits;
- Delve into the disturbing and occasionally daft backstories of cursed townfolk in a host of spine-tingling side missions;
- Arm your Vault Hunter with some of the deadliest gear in the galaxy, including a trove of additional Legendaries and some supremely powerful Class Mods; and,
- Flaunt your sense of style with a slew of new cosmetic items, from Vault Hunter Heads & Skins to interactive Room Decorations and all-new Vehicle Skins.
Check out the trailer below:
Guns, Love, and Tentacles will launch on March 26. And who knows, maybe we’ll see these two lovebirds together in the rumored Tales from the Borderlands sequel if and when that comes to be.
In other Borderlands news:
- Borderlands 3 February Patch Brings Level Cap Raise, Endgame Tweaks
- Borderlands 3’s First Story DLC Lets You Wreck Handsome Jack’s Casino
- An Awful Borderlands 3 Glitch Ruins the Best Boss Fight in the Game
Along with the DLC reveal, Gearbox had more Borderlands 3 news to give, including a Steam release date, as the game has been an Epic Games Store exclusive on PC since it launched. Those who want to use a different launcher for Borderlands 3 will be able to do so on March 13, about two weeks before the launch of Guns, Love, and Tentacles.
Looking forward, Gearbox also laid out its content plan up to May. This will include several free updates that will bring additional end game missions, cosmetics, and a new story scenario.
Outside of the video game realm, Borderlands is making strides with its film adaptation as well, with Hostel director Eli Roth on board to direct the movie. If the Uncharted movie is any indication, getting a director attached to the project doesn’t mean the thing is gonna get off the ground any time soon, but hopefully it’s close to seeing the end of its neverending development hell.