A major Teamfight Tactics update is right around the corner! Riot Games has announced that TFT Set 2 is on its way, marking the start of a broader initiative to rotate the set of available TFT champions every few months.
“To utilize the wide breadth of lore, champions, and thematics in the LoL universe, TFT on both PC and mobile will release new sets of champions and abilities every three to four months,” according to Riot. “The second set to launch in TFT for PC will be called Rise of the Elements and will feature content themed around the elementals, giving players opportunities to create new and interesting strategies with other, not-yet-seen, characters and items.”
Read on to find out everything we know so far about Rise of the Elements, like when said elements will rise, and who we can expect to show up for the party.
More Teamfight Tactics:
- TFT Mobile Guide – How to Play Teamfight Tactics on iOS & Android
- Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.21 TFT PBE Patch Notes – Class Adjustments
- Teamfight Tactics TFT Economy Guide – Tips for Earning and Spending Gold
When Does TFT Set 2 Come Out?
It’s available now! Log into League to play.
What’s Included in Rise of the Elements?
New Origins, Classes, Champions, and Items for TFT. You can also earn more cosmetics — including Little Legends and Arena Skins. You better believe Riot will happily have you compete for more rewards like these for as long as you’re interested in playing.
The set is also coming with a bigger board with four rows instead of three.
Will the Ranked Ladder be Reset?
Yes! Sometime during the release day the ladder will be reset.
TFT Set 2 New Features
Element of the Game
Each game now has a random Element of the Game: Ocean, Inferno, Wind, or Mountain. This determines Qiyana’s element. The Dragon is now of the same element as well.
Elemental Hexes: Every game there will be two elemental hexes randomly on the board. Putting units on them provides them with a buff. They take up an item slot and provide:
- Ocean: +30 starting mana.
- Inferno: +30% attack speed.
- Wind: +30% dodge.
- Mountain: +30 permanent HP per round for the rest of the game.
TFT Set 2 Classes & Origins
Innate: Alchemists ignore collision and never stop moving.
Innate: At the start of combat, Assassins leap to the farthest enemy.
Assassins gain bonus Critical Strike Damage and Chance.
- 3 Assassins – 75% Crit Damage & 10% Crit Chance for your Assassins.
- 6 Assassins – 150% Crit Damage & 20% Crit Chance for your Assassins.
Champions: Diana, Kha’Zix, LeBlanc, Nocturne, Qiyana, Zed
An Avatar’s Origin Element is counted twice for Trait bonuses.
Innate: At the start of combat, Berserkers leap to the nearest enemy.
- 3 Berserkers – Berserkers have a 40% chance to hit all units in a cone in front of them with their attacks.
- 6 Berserkers – Berserkers have a 80% chance to hit all units in a cone in front of them with their attacks.
Champions: Dr. Mundo, Jax, Olaf, Renekton, Sion, Volibear
Blademaster Basic Attacks can trigger additional attacks. These deal damage like Basic Attacks and trigger on-hit effects.
- 3 Blademasters – Blademaster Basic Attacks have a 40% chance to trigger one additional attack against their target.
- 6 Blademasters – Blademaster Basic Attacks have a 40% chance to trigger two additional attacks against their target.
- 9 Blademasters – Blademaster Basic Attacks have a 40% chance to trigger three additional attacks against their target.
Champions: Aatrox, Master Yi, Sivir, Yasuo
Cloud champions have a similar buff to what Yordles had in TFT Set 1.
- 2 Clouds – All allies gain 25% dodge chance.
- 3 Clouds – All allies gain 40% dodge chance.
- 4 Clouds – All allies gain 60% dodge chance.
Champions: Janna, Yasuo
Crystals are hard to crack. You have to chip away at them. Their class buff reflects this.
- 2 Crystals – Crystal Champions can only take 100 damage from a single hit.
- 4 Crystals – Crystal Champions can only take 60 damage from a single hit.
Champions: Ashe, Skarner, Taric
The Desert origin is there for when the enemy has too much armor.
- 2 Deserts – Reduces each enemy’s armor by 50%.
- 4 Deserts – Reduces each enemy’s armor by 90%.
Champions: Azir, Kha’Zix, Renekton, Sivir
Druids can regenerate health more quickly.
- 2 Druids – Druids regenerate 40 health each second.
Champions: Ivern, Maokai, Neeko
Electric champions are pro-crit strikes in both directions!
- 2 Electrics – Electric Champions shock nearby enemies for 60 damage whenever they deal or receive a critical strike.
- 3 Electrics – Electric Champions shock nearby enemies for 200 damage whenever they deal or receive a critical strike.
- 4 Electrics – Electric Champions shock nearby enemies for 500 damage whenever they deal or receive a critical strike.
Champions: Ornn, Volibear, Zed
You’re likely familiar with the Glacial class buff if you’ve played since the launch of Teamfight Tactics. It has a chance to freeze enemies for a shot amount of time.
- 2 Glacials – Basic Attacks from Glacials have a 20% chance to stun their target for 1.50 seconds.
- 4 Glacials – Basic Attacks from Glacials have a 40% chance to stun their target for 1.50 seconds.
- 6 Glacials – Basic Attacks from Glacials have a 60% chance to stun their target for 1.50 seconds.
Champions: Braum, Ezreal, Olaf, Volibear, Warwick
While Glacial champions freeze champions in place, Inferno champions put a burn effect on the ground beneath them.
- 3 Infernos – Inferno spell damage burns the ground beneath the target, dealing 80% of that spell’s pre-mitigation damage as magic damage over 5 seconds.
- 6 Infernos – Inferno spell damage burns the ground beneath the target, dealing 175% of that spell’s pre-mitigation damage as magic damage over 5 seconds.
- 9 Infernos – Inferno spell damage burns the ground beneath the target, dealing 275% of that spell’s pre-mitigation damage as magic damage over 5 seconds.
Champions: Annie, Brand, Diana, Kindred, Varus, Zyra
Light champions buff other Light champions when they die.
- 3 Lights- When a Light Champion dies, all other Light Champions gain 10% Attack Speed and are healed for 25% of their Maximum Health.
- 6 Lights – When a Light Champion dies, all other Light Champions gain 25% Attack Speed and are healed for 25% of their Maximum Health.
- 9 Lights – When a Light Champion dies, all other Light Champions gain 50% Attack Speed and are healed for 25% of their Maximum Health.
Champions: Aatrox, Jax, Nasus, Soraka, Vayne, Yorick
Mages can Doublecast their spells.
- 3 Mages – Mages have a 50% chance on cast to instead Doublecast.
- 6 Mages – Mages have a 100% chance on cast to instead Doublecast.
Champions: Brand, LeBlanc, Syndra, Taliyah, Veigar, Vladimir
If you run both of the Mountain champions you get a strong shield.
- 2 Mountains- At the start of combat, a random ally gains a 1500 health Stoneshield.
Champions: Malphite, Taliyah
Mystics provide your team with Magic Resistance.
- 2 Mystics – All allies gain 70 Magic Resist.
- 4 Mystics – All allies gain 150 Magic Resist.
Champions: Janna, Master Yi, Nami, Soraka
Ocean champions help your entire team generate mana.
- 2 Oceans – All allies restore 10 mana every 4 seconds.
- 4 Oceans – All allies restore 20 mana every 4 seconds.
- 6 Oceans – All allies restore 40 mana every 4 seconds.
Champions: Nami, Nautilus, Syndra, Thresh, Vladimir
Rather than dealing damage over time, Poison champions can increase the mana cost of abilities.
- 3 Poisons – Poison Champions apply Neurooxin when they deal damage increasing the target’s mana cost by 50%.
Champions: Dr. Mundo, Kog’Maw, Singed, Twitch
Predators can assassinate enemies at low health.
- 3 Predators – Predators instantly kill enemies they damage who are below 20% health.
Champions: Kog’Maw, Rek’Sai, Skarner, Warwick
Just like last season, Rangers can double their attack speed.
- 2 Rangers – Every 3 seconds, Rangers have a 30% chance to double their Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
- 4 Rangers – Every 3 seconds, Rangers have a 65% chance to double their Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
- 6 Rangers – Every 3 seconds, Rangers have a 100% chance to double their Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
Champions: Ashe, Ezreal, Kindred, Twitch, Varus, Vayne
Shadow champions can quickly takeover the game with rapid kills.
- 2 Shadows – Shadow units deal 50% increased damage for 5 seconds at the combat start, refreshed on self takedown.
- 4 Shadows – Shadow units deal 100% increased damage for 5 seconds at the combat start, refreshed on any Shadow takedown.
Champions: Kindred, Malzahar, Master Yi, Sion, Veigar
When Steel champions get low on health they gain temporary immunity.
- 2 Steels – Steel Champions gain 2 seconds of damage immunity when they are reduced below 50% health.
- 4 Steels – Steel Champions gain 3 seconds of damage immunity when they are reduced below 50% health.
- 6 Steels – Steel Champions gain 4 seconds of damage immunity when they are reduced below 50% health.
Champions: Kindred, Malzahar, Master Yi, Sion, Veigar
With the Summoner buff, Summoners’ minions with have increased health and duration.
- 3 Summoners – Summoned units have 40% increased health and duration.
- 6 Summoners – Summoned units have 100% increased health and duration.
Champions: Annie, Azir, Malzahar, Yorick, Zed, Zyra
Changes every game. Randomly Wind, Inferno, Oceans, or Woodlands.
Wardens increase their strength in numbers.
- 2 Wardens – Wardens gain +100% Armor.
- 4 Wardens – Wardens gain +250% Armor.
- 6 Wardens – Wardens gain +400% Armor.
Champions: Braum, Malphite, Nasus, Nautilus, Ornn, Taric, Thresh
With the Summoner buff, Summoners’ minions with have increased health and duration.
- 3 Woodlands – At the beginning the round, a random Forest champion clones themselves.
Champions: Ivern, LeBlanc, Maokai, Neeko
TFT Set 2 Champions
1 Cost Champions
- Vladimir (Ocean, Mage): Vladimir damages a target enemy, healing himself for the damage health.
- Zyra (Inferno, Summoner): Summon two untargetable Flame Spitters on the corners of the arena. Attacks closest enemies.
- Nasus (Light, Warden): Nasus temporarily enrages, gaining bonus health and damaging adjacent enemies for each second of the duration.
- Ivern (Woodlands, Druid): Gives the lowest health champion a 200/400/600 shield that lasts for 5 seconds.
- Renekton (Desert, Berserker): Renekton swings his blade, dealing 150/275/400 physical damage to nearby enemies and restores 150/250/350 health on hit.
- Maokai (Woodlands, Druid): Gives the lowest health champion a 200/400/600 HP shield that lasts for 5 seconds.
- Ornn (Lightning, Warden): Ornn unleashes lightning bolts in a cone in front of him, dealing 100/200/300 magic damage to all enemies hit and increasing critical strike chance against them by 20% for 4 seconds.
- Taliyah (Mountain, Mage): Taliyah causes the ground to rise under the enemy with the most Mana, inflicting 150/325/500 magic damage and throwing it toward her (if ranged) or away from her (if melee).
- Vayne (Light, Ranger): When Vayne hits the same target three times with basic attacks, it deals true damage equal to 8/12/16% of the target’s maximum health.
- Warwick (Glacial, Predator): Warwick pounces onto the lowest health enemy, stunning and damaging them while healing himself.
- Kog’Maw (Poison, Predator): Kog’Maw shoot a projectile. After a short delay, it lands on a random enemy dealing 125/275/425 damage.
- Diana (Inferno, Assassin): Diana creates three orbs that rotate around her and explode when she hits an enemy, dealing 60/100/140 magic damage. In addition, Diana generates a shield that lasts 3 seconds and absorbs the next 150/250/350 of damage she receives.
2 Cost Champions
- Syndra (Ocean, Mage): Syndra conjures a Hydro Sphere at a target location that damages enemies.
- LeBlanc (Woodlands, Mage, Assassin): LeBlanc launches an ethereal current towards a random enemy, inflicting 200/450/700 damage and stunning them for 1.5s after a brief interval.
- Braum (Glacial, Warden): Braum raises his shield toward the furthest enemy, reducing incoming damage from that direction and blocking projectiles.
- Jax (Light, Berserker): Jax dodges for 2 seconds then strikes nearby enemies for 150/250/350 damage and stuns them for 1.5 seconds.
- Thresh (Ocean, Warden): Thresh throws his lantern to the lowest-health ally, shielding them and nearby allies for a few seconds.
- Yasuo (Wind, Blademaster): Yasuo blinks to and knocks up the enemy with the most items for 1 second, attacking the target 3/5/7 times.
- Varus (Inferno, Ranger): Varus channels his spell for 1.5 seconds, then fires a piercing arrow that deals 225/450/675 magic damage to all enemies on the way.
- Rek’Sai (Steel, Predator): Rek’Sai deals 200/550/900 damage to an enemy.
- Malzahar (Shadow, Summoner): Malzahar opens a dark gate, summoning 2/3/4 dark spirits to fight alongside him. They deal 60/100/140 spirit damage.
- Skarner (Crystal, Predator): Gains 150/450/750 HP shield that lasts for 8 seconds. Skarner has +30/65/100% attack speed while the shield is active.
- Neeko (Woodlands, Druid): Neeko propels a seed at a random target. The seed will blossom 3 times, each time with a larger radius, dealing 100/200/300 damage to enemies within.
- Volibear (Electric, Glacial, Berserker): Volibear bites the target, dealing 200/450/700 damage. If the target has less than 35% HP, it’s killed instantly and Volibear fully restores his mana.
3 Cost Champions
- Veigar (Shadow, Mage): Veigar blasts an enemy with magical energy, dealing damage. Instantly kills enemies at lower star levels than Veigar.
- Kindred (Shadow, Inferno, Ranger): Wolf rushes at the target of Kindred inflicting 150/325/500 magic damage, while Lamb jumps away from the target.
- Azir (Desert, Summoner): Azir summons a Sand Soldier for 6 seconds. Whenever Azir attacks, Sand Soldiers attqack too. They damage enemies in a line.
- Aatrox (Light, Blademaster): Aatrox cleaves the area in front of him, dealing damage to enemies inside it.
- Dr. Mundo (Poison, Berserker): Dr. Mundo creates a toxic cloud around him for 8 seconds. It deals 40/110/160 + 1.25% of his maximum health to all nearby enemies every second and heals him by 100/150/200% of this value.
- Nocturne (Machine, Assassin): Every third hit, Nocturne is strengthened and inflicts damage on all nearby enemies. Restores 75/100/125% of the inflicted damage as health.
- Ezreal (Glacial, Ranger): Fires a frozen shot at the lowest HP enemy, applying on-hit effects.
- Nautilus (Ocean, Warden): Nautilus sends out a depth charge that seeks out the furthest enemy champion, knocking them up and stunning them for a really long time.
- Sivir (Desert, Blademaster): For 5 seconds, each of Sivir’s auto attacks bounces up to 10 times. Each bounce deals 100/125/150% damage and applies on-hits.
- Qiyana (Variable, Assassin): Qiyana dashes to the side of her target and throws a blast of wind through them, damaging and stunning enemies it passes through.
- Variable: Changes every game. Randomly Wind, Inferno, Oceans, or Woodlands.
- Soraka (Light, Mystic): Soraka creates a zone at a random enemy’s location, dealing 150/300/450 magic damage and preventing mana from being restored to enemies inside for 3/5/7 seconds.
- Sion (Shadow, Berserker): Sion smashes an area in front of him after a delay, knocking up and damaging enemies.
4 Cost Champions
- Annie (Inferno, Summoner): Summon Tibbers to deal area damage, Tibbers deals a lot of magic damage with his auto attacks.
- Twitch (Poison, Ranger): For 8 seconds, Twitch gets unlimited range and 100/125/150% AD. All of his attacks will pierce targets and apply on-hit effects to each target.
- Kha’Zix (Desert, Assassin): Kha’Zix takes stealth and attacks the enemy with the lowest health after 2/1.5/1 seconds, causing critical strike damage automatically and restoring 5/10/15 mana.
- Janna (Wind, Mystic): Janna casts a wind blast that last 3 seconds. It heals allies for 30/40/80% of their max HP and stuns nearby enemies for 1 second.
- Malphite (Mountain, Warden): Malphite advances toward a random enemy, dealing 125/200/275 damage and knocking all nearby enemies into the air, stunning them for 2/2.5/3 seconds.
- Ashe (Crystal, Ranger): For 5 seconds, Ashe gains 50/75/100% attack speed. While active, her basic attacks fire a 5-arrow burst that deals 50/85/120 physical damage.
- Yorick (Light, Summoner): Yorick blesses up to 3/5/10 with the lowest health, not including Light Walkers. When they die, they resurrect as Light Walkers and benefit from the effects of the Light origin. They Walkers have 500/900/2000 health and deal 75/150/225 damage.
- Olaf (Glacial, Berserker): Increases attack speed by 75/100/125% and gains lifesteal for 20/40/60%.
- Brand (Inferno, Mage): Brand launches a bouncing fireball, damaging enemies hit.
5 Cost Champions
- Singed (Poison, Alchemist): Singed leaves a poison trail wherever he walks, dealing 400/800/1200 damage over 4 seconds.
- Zed (Electric, Assassin, Summoner): Zed creates a clone identical to him behind his current target. This clone can also conjure up flash, and inherit the items, attributes, and current HP of Zed.
- Taric (Crystal, Warden): After a delay, Taric and all nearby allies become invulnerable for a few seconds.
- Nami (Ocean, Mystic): Nami sends a massive wave towards a random enemy, damaging and knocking up enemies it passes through. Grants allies it passes through bonus magic damage on hit.
- Master Yi (Shadow, Mystic, Blademaster): Master Yi recovers 25/50/75% health and becomes untargetable for 1.5 seconds. After that, he gains 100/150/200 magic damage on-hit for 6 seconds.
7 Cost Champions
- Lux (Variable, Avatar): Lux fires a dazzling beam that deals 600/900/1200 magic damage to all enemies in a line. Killing a target with Final Spark grants her 50 mana.
- Elemental Origins: Crystal, Electric, Light, Wind, Inferno, Steel, Ocean, Glacial, Forest, Shadow
- There are ten copies of Lux in each game, one of each of the above elements.
- Once you purchase one Lux, the other Luxes will become that element when you see them in your shop.
- Warden’s Mail (Spatula + Chain Vest): Wearer is also a Warden. (Provides +25 Armor)
- Mage’s Cap (Spatula + Tear of the Goddess): Wearer is also a Mage.
- Berserker Axe (Spatula + Sparring Gloves): Wearer is also a Berserker.
- Talisman of Light (Spatula + Negatron Cloak): Wearer is also a Light Champion.
- Inferno Cinder (Spatula + Needlessly Large Rod): Wearer is also a Inferno.
TFT Set 2 Infographics