What does it mean to “Beyoncé” something? If you’re unfamiliar with how the singer became a verb, this is in reference to her releasing her self-titled album in 2013 without any teases, press, or promotion whatsoever. So to Beyoncé something means to release it without any promotion beforehand. This is what Nintendo did with a Nintendo Direct Mini, although given the length of it, it’s about as long as several Direct presentations have been in the past, clocking in at just under 30 minutes.
But what announcements did it bring with it? If you can’t watch the full presentation (embedded below), here’s the bullet points for you:
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is coming to Switch on May 29, and will include an epilogue story called Future Connected. There will also be a special edition called Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Works Set, which includes a 250-page art book.
- 2K is bringing the Bioshock Collection, Borderlands Legendary Collection, which features the original Borderlands, its sequel, and The Pre-Sequel (sorry to those hoping for Borderlands 3), as well as the XCOM Collection to Switch. All three collections are coming on May 29.
- The third DLC pack for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order features the Fantastic 4, and is available now.
- Shinsekai: Into the Depth, an underwater sidescroller, is available now.
- Good Job!, a slapstick workplace sim, is available now.
- Confirming previous rumors, Catherine: Full Body is coming to Switch on July 7.
- Ring Fit Adventure is getting a rhythm game mode featuring tracks from from Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, and The Legend of Zelda. Also, the Ring is getting a female voice option? That’s dope.
- King’s Bounty II is coming to Switch in 2020.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate‘s next DLC fighter will be from Arms, and will be announced and released in June.
- Speaking of Arms, Nintendo is releasing a trial version of the game available from March 26 until April 6.
- A lengthy trailer for Bravely Default II broke down the new characters, conflicts, and systems of the sequel. A demo for the game is launching today, and includes a survey for Square-Enix to reference during development.
- 51 board games are coming to Switch on June 5 by way of Club House Games 51 Worldwide Classics.
- Ninjala, an 8-player, free-to-play brawler, is coming to Switch on May 27.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is available on Switch today, and Star Wars Racer is on the way.
- Panzer Dragoon: Remake, a timed console exclusive on Switch, is available today.
- Then montage of several games coming to the Switch in 2020.
- To wrap up the Direct Mini, Nintendo showed more footage of Pokemon Sword & Shield DLC The Isle of Armor, but gave no release date beyond the already known June window.
At the very beginning of the presentation, Nintendo said the coronavirus may result in changes to these release dates and windows, as well as offered its condolences to those affected by the pandemic. The company has already been affected by the spread of the virus, having just yesterday announced it would be closing its repair services for the time being.
Check out the full presentation below: