Have y’all ever wanted to watch elementary school student Helga Pataki face grown-ass man Nigel Thornberry or fire-breathing dinosaur Reptar in heated combat? Well, now you can, as Nickelodeon is making a Super Smash Bros-style brawler called Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl that pits the channel’s animated stars against each other.
The game was revealed through IGN, and so far features the following playable characters:
- Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
- Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
- Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
- Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
- Helga (Hey Arnold!)
- Reptar (Rugrats)
- Zim (Invader Zim)
- Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
As most crossover brawlers do, the game will feature 20 stages from different Nickelodeon shows to watch all these characters fight on. According to IGN’s write-up, there will be a handful of single and multiplayer modes, alongside the standard four-player matches. You’ll also apparently be able to unlock new moves for different fighters, as well as bonus content viewable in the game’s gallery.
You may also like:
- SpongeBob SquarePants Has Always Been Anti-Capitalist
- What the Rocko’s Modern Life Special Does That Invader Zim’s Doesn’t
- Netflix and Nickelodeon to Collab on More Movies and Shows
Admittedly, I’m surprised by how far back some of these characters go. Aaahh!!! Real Monsters has been off the air for over 20 years, and I’d be surprised if a lot of younger kids have any attachment to those characters. But this is probably also aiming at adults who grew up with Nickelodeon shows, so some of these pulls make sense. When will CatDog and Timmy Turner show up though, Nick?
Check out the reveal trailer below:
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will come to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One this fall.