Today’s New Game+ Expo presentation was an hour-long look at upcoming projects from a lot of Japanese studios, including previews of new games from companies like Spike Chunsoft, Atlus, Sega, and Natsume. Here’s an easy, bulleted listed of everything we saw today:
- Natsume showed off Harvest Moon: One World, which is coming in Fall 2020 to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
- Aksys showed off Tin & Kuna, which is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in the fall.
- Some big Giant Enemy Crab energy from Fight Crab, a ridiculous looking crab vs. crab action game where crabs wield a myriad of weapons like…chainsaws, and lightsabers, and chain whips….and it’s coming to Steam on July 30, as well as Switch “soon.”
- Samurai Shodown is getting a For Honor crossover on June 24 in the form of a The Warden joining the roster as a playable character.
- Visual novel/tactical RPG Re: Zero – Staring Life in Another World- The Prophecy of the Throne is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Switch this winter.
- Fallen Legion Revenants, is coming to PlayStation 4 and Switch in early 2021.
- Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection is coming to Nintendo Switch, and brings multiple games from SNK’s Neo Geo era to modern systems.
- The Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV is coming to PlayStation 4 on October 27, and will come to PC and Switch in PC.
- Death End Re: Quest 2, a horror RPG written by Corpse Party’s writer is coming to PS4 and PC on August 25.
- Idol Manager, which is a management sim that is exactly what it sounds like, is coming to PC this year.
- For some reason, we got the announcement that the Danganronpa mobile ports are coming this year. Which we already knew. So, that’s uh. a Fun thing. They’re good, though!
- Cafe Enchante, an otome dating sim about a multidimensional coffee shop, is coming to Switch this fall.
- Escape from Asura is coming to PlayStation 4 and Switch in 2021.
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch “soon.”
- Guilty Gear: Strive is coming to PlayStation 4 in early 2021, with new characters and “innovative netcode.”
- Fairy Tail is coming to PlayStation 4 and Switch on July 21.
- The Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection, including seven games from the series’ Neo Geo era will come to PS4 and Switch on July 28, with Limited Run Games bringing limited collector’s edition out later this year.
- Piofiore Fated Memories is coming to Switch on Fall 2020.
- Neptunia Virtual Star, a “music-based hack and slash” spin-off in the typically RPG franchise is coming in 2021.
- Pretty Princess Party is coming to Switch this fall.
- Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate, a roguelike dungeon crawler is coming from Spike Chunsoft is coming to Switch and Steam later this year.
- Time for the “one more thing…”
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Switch in the west in 2021.
More E3 replacement event recaps:
- ICYMI: Everything That Happened During EA Play 2020
- The Third Day of Guerrilla Collective Was Mercifully Concise
- The Best Games Shown in the 2020 PC Gaming Show
A lot of interesting games coming from Japanese developers here, but I can’t deny that I’m a little bummed we didn’t hear anything about Persona 5 Scramble somewhere in all of that after seeing Atlus’ name on the roster. Yeah, Persona 5 Royal did just launch in the west, so Atlus might want to let that breath for a bit, so the Dynasty Warriors-styled spin-off will have to wait a little bit longer, I suppose. Check out the full presentation below: