Annapurna Interactive, the game-publishing wing of the indie movie studio, held their first-ever stream today showing off new and announced games and partnerships. The studio is well known for their largely narrative-driven and aesthetically bold game releases and this stream was no different.
- The Artful Escape, which was seen a few years ago in an Xbox E3 sizzle reel, gets a September 9 release date for Xbox consoles (Game Pass) and PC.
- Neon White, which was seen at a recent Nintendo presentation, comes from Donut County creator Ben Esposito. Players discard cards to move faster with new powers, making it a creative speedrunning game, with side quests, dating sim aspects, and visual novel portions to become the number one demonslayer. It hits Switch and PC this winter.
- The creators of Falcon Age Outerloop Games have a collaboration with Annapurna that remains unnamed but focuses on skateboarding and personal cultural experiences.
- A Memoir Blue is revealed, coming to…basically everything under the sun, including iOS.
- Jessica Mak, who was part of games like Sound Shapes, is collaborating with Annapurna Interactive on a music-focused adventure game that remains untitled.
- Storyteller is revealed, a game in which players pick a title, themes, and characters of a storybook and have to make it work by dragging and dropping the elements into panels. From the trailer, it seems like a somewhat restrained Scribblenauts. Coming soon to Switch and Steam, with Steam having a playable demo available now.
- Solar Ash, a new game from the Hyper Light Drifter developer Heart Machine, is seen once again for yet another update trailer. The action-adventure game continues to look absolutely gorgeous, but now comes with an October 26 release date for PC, PS4, and PS5.
- Ivy Road, a studio from the creators of The Stanley Parable and Gone Home, is making an unnamed title in collaboration with Annapurna Interactive.
- Skin Deep, a sci-fi comedy immersive sim, gets an update trailer that shows off some of the creative ways players can solve problems like throwing themselves or enemies out the airlock.
- The Pathless, last year’s critical hit, is coming to Steam November 16; What Remains of Edith Finch comes to iOS on August 16; I Am Dead comes to Xbox and PS4 on August 9; Telling Lies and Goroagoa are coming to Game Pass.
- Stray, that game about the cat, gets a guided update trailer and the cat is a good baby. Coming early 2022 for PS4, PS5, and Steam.
- No Code Entertainment, a Glasgow-based studio with horror game lineage dating back to Alien: Isolation but is known for games like Stories Untold and Observation, announces a new collaboration with Annapurna Interactive.
- Outer Wilds, sometimes considered one of the best games of the generation, is coming to Nintendo Switch. A new expansion titled Echoes of the Eye is also announced that will weave into the game, but the developers are purposely not explaining how. Echoes of the Eye will launch September 28.
What did you think of Annapurna Interactive’s show? Were there any games on the list that will be on your radar?