Nintendo held an Indie World presentation today, where the platform holder spotlighted a number of new indie games and updated some others with release dates for the Switch. Previous shows have unveiled games like Hollow Knight: Silk Song and Axiom Verge 2 but also host a number of really cool looking games.
If you didn’t get the chance to watch the 20-minute presentation, here’s what Nintendo had to show off this time around.
- Road 96 is a procedurally-generated adventure game portraying a road trip gone awry releasing later this year.
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield is runner with parkour-focus taking place in a Tokyo-style Detroit with an actual Detroit DJ providing the music. Releasing surprisingly soon on May 19.
- Last Stop and Hindsight are two dramatic Annapurna titles, with Last Stop coming July 2021 and Hindsight later this year.
- OlliOlli World, the newest in the 2D skateboarding series, goes open this time around with NPCs, side quests, chill vibes, and plenty of tricks. Releasing this Winter.
- The Longing is a game about waiting 400 days in isolation to wake up a king and the dread surrounding your daily life. It releases later today.
- There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension is a point-and-click comedy game that is about solving puzzles and figuring out the broader story, also out today!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge gets a new gameplay trailer and an announcement that Tee Lopes from Streets of Rage 4 and Sonic Mania fame is composing the soundtrack. The game releases later this year.
- Cris Tales, a beautiful-looking time-traveling JRPG releases on Switch on July 20.
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is rogue-like action game from Konami who is apparently now an indie publisher, I don’t know. It releases next year.
- Aztech: Forgotten Gods is a stylish 3D action game about taking down huge enemies, releasing this Fall.
- Skul: The Hero Slayer is a 2D action platformer roguelike where you gain different powers by replacing the skeleton protagonist’s head, out this Summer.
- A quick montage includes Art of Rally, popular puzzle-platformer Fez releasing today, a House of the Dead Remake, and more.
- Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals is the big announcement at the end, releasing later this year. It is Nightschool’s newest project after 2019’s Afterparty.