Bugsnax is officially a PlayStation 5 launch title. The game will be coming out on November 12 on Sony’s new console, as well as on PlayStation 4 and the Epic Games Store. Whether it’s a weird Mandela Effect thing or I just assumed, I thought we’d already know this for awhile now, but it’s good to have confirmation.
But alongside this announcement, developer Young Horses also released a post on the PlayStation Blog talking about the process of casting all the citizens of Snacktooth Island, and looking at the cast list, there’s some pretty big names in video game voice acting attached to the project. So you’re bound to know at least a handful of them from your favorite games.
The full cast includes:
- Elizabert Megafig – Helen Sadler (Jyn Erso in Star Wars Battlefront II)
- Clumby Clumbernut – Barbara Goodson (Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers)
- Filbo Fiddlepie – Max Mittelman (Ryuji Sakamoto in Persona 5 and Saitama in One Punch Man)
- Gramble Gigglefunny – Sam Riegel (Scanlan Shorthalt in Critical Role)
- Wiggle Bigglebottom – Kenna Ramsey
- Cromdo Face – Rick Zieff (Spike in Tom and Jerry)
- Eggabell Batternugget – Fryda Wolff (Loba Andrade from Apex Legends and Sara Ryder in Mass Effect: Andromeda)
- Snorpy Fizzlebean – Roger Craig Smith (Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog and Captain America in several Marvel animated shows)
- Floofty Fizzlebean – Casey Mongillo (Shinji Ikari from the Netflix dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Shelda Smellywag – Debra Wilson (Various in Mad TV)
- Wambus Troubleham – Fred Tatasciore (Soldier: 76 in Overwatch and…wow there’s a lot of credits under this guy’s belt)
- Triffany Lottablog – Haviland Stillwell (Patty in Devil May Cry 5)
- Chandlo Funkbun – Yuri Lowenthal (Peter Parker in Marvel’s Spider-Man and Yosuke Hanamura in Persona 4)
- Beffica Winklesnoot – Cassandra Lee Morris (Morgana in Persona 5 and Aoi Asahina in Danganronpa)
Alongside the citizens of Snacktooth Island, there’s also the voices behind the titular Bugsnax. And while they’re not exactly speaking in full sentences, odds are you’ll still recognize several of them.
- Julie Nathanson (Chocolina in the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy)
- Robbie Daymond (Goro Akechi in Persona 5 and Hunter the Cheetah in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy)
- Tom Taylorson (Scott Ryder in Mass Effect: Andromeda and Octodad in Octodad: Dadliest Catch)
- Courtenay Taylor (Jack from the Mass Effect trilogy and Ada Wong from the Resident Evil series)
- Cristina Vee (Monaca from Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls)
- Abby Trott (Tae Takemi from Persona 5 Royal)
- Jeannie Tirando (Byleth in Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
- Todd Haberkorn (Android 19 in Dragon Ball)
- Michael Schwalbe (Tokk and Lupo from Ori and the Will of the Wisps)
Check out this new video to hear each of the actors as their Bugsnax character:
In other news:
- Mortal Kombat 11 Is Coming to Next-Gen Consoles, Rambo is Here For Some Reason
- Resident Evil’s Film Series is Getting Rebooted with A New Cast
- Overwatch’s Next Novel Will Be a Prequel Starring Ashe and McCree
Now that Bugsnax is officially on the docket for the PlayStation 5’s launch, the system’s launch titles are filling out pretty nicely. Between Demon’s Souls, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sony’s personal stable of games is pretty strong with games like Bugsnax and Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla bolstering things on the third-party front. As is typical for most console launches, there’s not really a huge “killer app,” but anyone who decides to take the plunge on the console next month probably won’t be left wanting for anything to play right out the gate.