Was Borderlands 3 more like buggy-lands to you? 2K is hoping their first major patch, or their “Day 15” patch, as they’re calling it, will make your experience more rad. And just in time, because their Bloody Harvest event is just around the corner.
For instance, Borderlands 3 was struggling to keep along for many launch-day players. 2K mentions some “general stability improvements,” so hopefully some players get a little relief from that. Split-screen had plenty of issues, too, and they started addressing them here.
There are also some interesting gameplay bugs that got addressed in this patch. The Porcelain Pipe Bomb, for instance, infamously went off multiple times when you threw it. For better or worse, they tried to fix it here. There’s also the KillaVolt situation, where the boss activated the entire floor around him instead of just a small area. Hopefully you can beat him up a little better now.
More Borderlands 3:
- Breaking Down the 9 Weapon Manufacturers of Borderlands 3
- An Awful Borderlands 3 Glitch Ruins the Best Boss Fight in the Game
- Borderlands 3 Tips – 15 Things the Game Doesn’t Tell You
This patch also throws in a ton of quality-of-life and minor, but obnoxious, bug fixes. Missing opening scene subtitles? Should be back. Cursor snapping? Not anymore. Notifications sticking around on your screen? Bye-bye. Losing Guardian Rank tokens into the negatives? Whoops.
Everything should be live before 3 PM PT today, according to an emailed press release. If you want to see what got fixed, we’ve got the full list of patch notes:
- [PC Only] Reduced the amount of texture streaming that was occurring when aiming down sights.
- Addressed a reported concern where certain users with a lot of people in their friend’s list saw more frequent hitching.
- Implementing General stability improvements.
General Fixes and Improvements
- Addressed a reported issue where KillaVolt’s Shield Storm attack does not disable the tiles around KillaVolt, resulting in the entire floor being activated (oops).
- Addressed a potential progression blocker in the mission “Footsteps of Giants”.
- Addressed a reported issue where Guardian Rank had the potential to become non-functional and/or the player could potentially lose Guardian Rank tokens into the negatives.
- Modified vending machines so it will now sort items by rarity.
- Console FOV is now set to 75 by default. This will not affect players who have already started the game.
- Special prompts for particle text (Tediore guns, “critical”, “immune”) are now properly localized.
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced where their vehicle’s boost could continue into the next map.
- Addressed a reported concern with “Porcelain Pipe Bomb” where it set off multiple explosions when colliding with objects.
- Adjusted the verbiage for “left stick” and “right stick” inside the Russian localized version of the control options screen.
- Addressed a reported issue where certain users experienced a failure of the audio to play when spending skill points in the UI.
- The text is now correctly marked “invalid” when you enter an invalid e-mail address on the SHiFT account creation page.
- Addressed a reported issue where the item of the day item card would flash briefly before displaying on vending machines.
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players were served an unread mail icon when they didn’t have mail to read.
- Iron Bear button prompts will now correctly update if you re-bind your controls.
- Modified various features and elements of Crazy Earl’s store.
- Addressed a reported issue where subtitles wouldn’t display until after the initial cutscene.
- Addressed an issue experienced by certain players that social notifications could become stuck on-screen.
- Addressed a player concern that certain item preview images were failing to load inside the player bank.
- [PC Only] Addressed an issue reported by certain PC players where the focus from the mouse’s last known location was sticking around even when playing with a gamepad.
- Addressed an issue reported by certain players where the cursor would snap to an unintended location in the UI.
Splitscreen and Online Multiplayer
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that the dialog volume faded too low before switching to ECHO audio during split-screen gameplay.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that sounds were quiet or missing for the second split-screen player if they move too far from player one.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that 3-player groups were having trouble matchmaking with an additional solo player.
- Addressed a reported concerned experienced by certain players that in split-screen one player’s sprinting animation could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that in split-screen where one player’s aiming down sights could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
- Addressed a handful of reported client replication issues:- Addressed Tina’s pizza bomb so it displays correctly for clients.- Modified certain audio elements that were reportedly looping for clients.- Addressed a reported player concern so the Guardian Skill “Dead Man’s Hand” now functions properly.
- Player icons are now pinned to the side of the mini-map when playing in any kind of multiplayer.
You can check out more details on the site.
If you encounter any other bugs while playing BL3, they encourage you to send them a report at their support site with the following details:
- Summary of the issue.
- Frequency of the issue – how often is this happening?
- The platform you’re playing on (PS4, PS4 Pro, XB1, XB1X, PC)
3a. (If PC, a dxdiag log and crash dump.)
- Your game state when you experienced the issue: (map, mission, character, player level, playthrough+, single player vs. multiplayer, offline vs. online, etc.)
- Do you know the steps to make this problem happen again? What are they?
Borderlands 3 is currently available for $59.99 for Playstation 1, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store.