The entire Kingdom Hearts series is coming to PC. On March 30, all the collections, as well as Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory will be available on the Epic Game Store, bringing Square-Enix’s long running Disney and Final Fantasy crossover series to PC after 20 years of it being only available on consoles and handhelds.
The full rundown of the collections is as follows:
Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 Remix
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 Remix
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage
- Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
PC players will now be able to enjoy the twists and turns of Sora and friends’ journey through various Disney worlds and also an extremely elaborate Final Fantasy ass story full of time travel, characters who all look the same but are actually very different people, and a bunch of other nonsense that requires a flowchart to keep track of. Jokes aside, this is exciting. The series has been expanding beyond Sony and Nintendo platforms in recent years, and PC fans can get all of it in one fell swoop.
You may also like:
- ‘Dearly Beloved’ – Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory Version: A Review
- Kingdom Hearts is Basically a Coffee Shop AU
- Disney Movies are Outgrowing Kingdom Hearts’ View of Good and Evil
But this also means that Kingdom Hearts is about to moddable. And this means it’s time to imagine all the possible mods we’re about to see come out of the community with all the Kingdom Hearts games at their disposal. Here’s a list of things I hope to see addressed in the coming months:
- A mod that changes the entire structure of the series’ love triangle to end with Sora and Riku getting together.
- Annotations to explain every bit of word salad the game throws out at you for quick reference.
- New summons that surpass the arbitrary parameters Disney put on Square-Enix over the course of the franchise’s life time.
- Mod out the Frozen world from Kingdom Hearts III.
- Make Kairi the protagonist so girl can have a bit of agency. As a treat.
- Add new music to Melody of Memory. Basically just make it a Disney rhythm game that will let me kill heartless to the beat of “Into the Unknown” from Frozen II.
- A mod that removes the weird second Baymax that shows up in the Big Hero 6 world that undermines the entire thesis of the original movie.
- Make Roxas and Ventus have different faces for clarity’s sake.
- Put Final Fantasy characters more prominently in Kingdom Hearts III.
- Remove the card battle mechanics from Chain of Memories.
- Change the timeline around so Aqua is not left in the Realm of Darkness for over a decade by noted war criminal King Mickey Mouse.
- Let me play as Riku instead. As a rule.
- Change the Gullwings appearance in Kingdom Hearts II to make them normal fucking people instead of pixies.
- Make Donald heal me more than twice per hour of gameplay.
- Make a montage of every character in the game model swapped with the time everyone thought beloved dog man character Goofy Goof had died due to head trauma.